No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
A novel computer-aided lung nodule detection system for CT images
1. G. Coppini, S. Diciotti, M. Falchini, N. Villari and G. Valli, “Neural networks for computer-aided diagnosis: Detection of lung nodules in chest radiograms,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed. 7, 344–357 (2003).
2. A. M. R. Schilham, B. van Ginneken, and M. Loog, “A computer-aided diagnosis system for detection of lung nodules in chest radiographs with an evaluation on a public database,” Med. Image Anal. 10, 247–258 (2006).
3. A. H. Baydush, D. M. Catarious, J. Y. Lo, C. K. Abbey, and C. E. Floyd, “Computerized classification of suspicious regions in chest radiographs using subregion Hotelling observers,” Med. Phys. 28, 2403–2409 (2001).
4. H. Arimura, S. Katsuragawa, K. Suzuki, F. Li, J. Shiraishi, S. Sone, and K. Doi, “Computerized scheme for automated detection of lung nodules in low-dose computed tomography images for lung cancer screening,” Acad. Radiol. 11, 617–629 (2004).
5. K. Murphy, B. vanGinneken, A. M. R. Schilham, B. J. deHoop, H. A. Gietema, and M. Prokop, “A large-scale evaluation of automatic pulmonary nodule detection in chest CT using local image features and k-nearest-neighbour classification,” Med. Image Anal. 13, 757–770 (2009).
6. S. V. Fotin, A. P. Reeves, A. M. Biancardi, D. F. Yankelevitz, and C. I. Henschke, “A multiscale Laplacian of Gaussian filtering approach to automated pulmonary nodule detection from whole-lung low-dose CT scans,” Proc. SPIE 7260, 72601Q (2009).
7. I. C. Sluimer, P. F. vanWaes, M. A. Viergever, and B. vanGinneken, “Computer-aided diagnosis in high resolution CT of the lungs,” Med. Phys. 30, 3081–3090 (2003).
8. R. Wiemker, P. Rogalla, A. Zwartkruis, and T. Blaffert, “Computer aided lung nodule detection on high resolution CT data,” Proc. SPIE 4684, 677–688 (2002).
9. S. Iwano, T. Nakamura, Y. Kamioka, M. Ikeda, and T. Ishigaki, “Computer-aided differentiation of malignant from benign solitary pulmonary nodules imaged by high-resolution CT,” Comput. Med. Imaging Graph. 32, 416–422 (2008).
10. S. G. Armato, G. McLennan, M. F. McNitt-Gray, C. R. Meyer, D. Yankelevitz, D. R. Aberle, C. I. Henschke, E. A. Hoffman, E. A. Kazerooni, H. MacMahon, A. P. Reeves, B. Y. Croft, L. P. Clarke, and C. Lung Image Database, “Lung image database consortium: Developing a resource for the medical imaging research community,” Radiology 232, 739–748 (2004).
12. M. Dolejsi, J. Kybic, M. Polovincak, and S. Tuma, “The lung time-annotated lung nodule dataset and nodule detection framework,” Proc. SPIE 7260, 72601U (2009).
13. B. v. Ginneken, S. G. Armato, B. d. Hoop, S. v. A. -v. d.v. A.-v. d. Vorst, T. Duindam, M. Niemeijer, K. Murphy, A. Schilham, A. Retico, M. E. Fantacci, N. Camarlinghi, F. Bagagli, I. Gori, T. Hara, H. Fujita, G. Gargano, R. Bellotti, S. Tangaro, L. Bolaños, F. D. Carlo, P. Cerello, S. C. Cheran, E. L. Torres, and M. Prokop, “Comparing and combining algorithms for computer-aided detection of pulmonary nodules in computed tomography scans: The ANODE09 study,” Med. Image Anal. 14, 707–722 (2010).
14.American Cancer Society, “Cancer Facts and Figures,” (2009).
15. S. G. Armato, M. B. Altman, and P. J. LaRiviere, “Automated detection of lung nodules in CT scans: Effect of image reconstruction algorithm,” Med. Phys. 30, 461–472 (2003).
16. D. S. Paik, C. F. Beaulieu, G. D. Rubin, B. Acar, R. B. Jeffrey, J. Yee, J. Dey, and S. Napel, “Surface normal overlap: A computer-aided detection algorithm, with application to colonic polyps and lung nodules in helical CT,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 23, 661–675 (2004).
17. X. J. Ye, X. Y. Lin, J. Dehmeshki, G. Slabaugh, and G. Beddoe, “Shape-based computer-aided detection of lung nodules in thoracic CT images,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 56, 1810–1820 (2009).
18. Y. Lee, T. Hara, H. Fujita, S. Itoh, and T. Ishigaki, “Automated detection of pulmonary nodules in helical CT images based on an improved template-matching technique,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 20, 595–604 (2001).
19. L. Boroczky, L. Zhao, and K. P. Lee, “Feature subset selection for improving the performance of false positive reduction in lung nodule CAD,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed. 10, 504–511 (2006).
20. K. Suzuki and K. Doi, “How can a massive training artificial neural network (MTANN) be trained with a small number of cases in the distinction between nodules and vessels in thoracic CT?” Acad. Radiol. 12, 1333–1341 (2005).
21. K. Suzuki, Z. H. Shi, and J. Zhang, “Supervised enhancement of lung nodules by use of a massive-training artificial neural network (MTANN) in computer-aided diagnosis (CAD),” Proc. ICPR, 680–683 (2008).
22. K. Suzuki and K. Doi, “Characteristics of a massive training artificial neural network in the distinction between lung nodules and vessels in CT images,” Proc. CARS 1268, 923–928 (2004).
23. K. Suzuki, F. Li, S. Sone, and K. Doi, “Computer-aided diagnostic scheme for distinction between benign and malignant nodules in thoracic low-dose CT by use of massive training artificial neural network,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 24, 1138–1150 (2005).
24. M. S. Brown, M. F. McNitt-Gray, J. G. Goldin, R. D. Suh, J. W. Sayre, and D. R. Aberle, “Patient-specific models for lung nodule detection and surveillance in CT images,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 20, 1242–1250 (2001).
25. Y. Kawata, N. Niki, H. Ohmatsu, and N. Moriyama, “Example-based assisting approach for pulmonary nodule classification in three-dimensional thoracic computed tomography images,” Acad. Radiol. 10, 1402–1415 (2003).
26. B. Golosio, G. L. Masala, A. Piccioli, P. Oliva, M. Carpinelli, R. Cataldo, P. Cerello, F. DeCarlo, F. Falaschi, M. E. Fantacci, G. Gargano, P. Kasae, and M. Torsello, “A novel multithreshold method for nodule detection in lung CT,” Med. Phys. 36, 3607–3618 (2009).
27. J. J. Suarez-Cuenca, P. G. Tahoces, M. Souto, M. J. Lado, M. Remy-Jardin , J. Remy, and J. J. Vidal, “Application of the iris filter for automatic detection of pulmonary nodules on computed tomography images,” Comput. Biol. Med. 39, 921–933 (2009).
28. A. Retico, M. E. Fantacci, I. Gori, P. Kasae, B. Golosio, A. Piccioli, P. Cerello, G. DeNunzio, and S. Tangaro, “Pleural nodule identification in low-dose and thin-slice lung computed tomography,” Comput. Biol. Med. 39, 1137–1144 (2009).
29. Q. Li, F. Li, and K. Doi, “Computerized detection of lung nodules in thin-section CT images by use of selective enhancement filters and an automated rule-based classifier,” Acad. Radiol. 15, 165–175 (2008).
30. B. Sahiner, L. M. Hadjilski, H. P. Chan, J. Z. Shi, T. Way, P. N. Cascade, E. A. Kazerooni, C. Zhou, and J. Wei, “The effect of nodule segmentation on the accuracy of computerized lung nodule detection on CT scans: Comparison on a data set annotated by multiple radiologists,” Proc. SPIE 6514, 65140L (2007).
31. R. Opfer and R. Wiemker, “Performance analysis for computer aided lung nodule detection on LIDC data,” Proc. SPIE 6515, 65151C (2007).
33. Z. Y. Ge, B. Sahiner, H. P. Chan, L. M. Hadjiiski, P. N. Cascade, N. Bogot, E. A. Kazerooni, J. Wei, and C. A. Zhou, “Computer-aided detection of lung nodules: False positive reduction using a 3D gradient field method and 3D ellipsoid fitting,” Med. Phys. 32, 2443–2454 (2005).
34. J. T. Pu, B. Zheng, J. K. Leader, X. H. Wang, and D. Gur, “An automated CT based lung nodule detection scheme using geometric analysis of signed distance field,” Med. Phys. 35, 3453–3461 (2008).
35. X. Zhang, J. Stockel, M. Wolf, P. Cathier, G. McLennan, E. A. Hoffman, and M. Sonka, “A new method for spherical object detection and its application to computer aided detection of pulmonary nodules in CT images,” in Proceedings of MICCAI, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2007, Vol. 4791, pp. 842–849.
37. I. Sluimer, A. Schilham, M. Prokop, and B. vanGinneken, “Computer analysis of computed tomography scans of the lung: A survey,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 25, 385–405 (2006).
38. L. Saba, G. Caddeo, and G. Mallarini, “Computer-aided detection of pulmonary nodules in computed tomography: Analysis and review of the literature,” J. Comput. Assist. Tomogr. 31, 611–619 (2007).
42. A. H. Salden, B. M. T. Romeny, M. A. Viergever, L. Florack, and J. J. Koenderink, “Differential geometric description of 3D scalar images,” Technical Report, 3D Computer Vision (Utrecht University Hospital, The Netherlands, 1992).
43. B. M. t. H. Romeny, Front-End Vision & Multi-Scale Image Analysis. (Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2003).
44. S. G. Armato, M. F. McNitt-Gray, A. P. Reeves, C. R. Meyer, G. McLennan, D. R. Aberle, E. A. Kazerooni, H. MacMahon, E. J. R. vanBeek, D. Yankelevitz, E. A. Hoffman, C. I. Henschke, R. Y. Roberts, M. S. Brown, R. M. Engelmann, R. C. Pais, C. W. Piker, D. Qing, M. Kocherginsky, B. Y. Croft, and L. P. Clarke, “The Lung Image Database Consortium (LIDC): An evaluation of radiologist variability in the identification of lung nodules on CT scans,” Acad. Radiol. 14, 1409–1421 (2007).
45. S. G. Armato, R. Y. Roberts, M. F. McNitt-Gray, C. R. Meyer, A. P. Reeves, G. McLennan, R. M. Engelmann, P. H. Bland, D. R. Aberle, E. A. Kazerooni, H. MacMahon, E. J. R. vanBeek, D. Yankelevitz, B. Y. Croft, and L. P. Clarke, “The lung image database consortium (LIDC): Ensuring the integrity of expert-defined ‘truth’,” Acad. Radiol. 14, 1455–1463 (2007).
46. W. D. Turner, T. P. Kelliher, J. C. Ross, and J. V. Miller, “An analysis of early studies released by the Lung Imaging Database Consortium (LIDC),” in Proceedings of MICCAI, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2006, Vol. 4191, pp. 487–494.
48. Q. Li, S. Sone, and K. Doi, “Selective enhancement filters for nodules, vessels, and airway walls in two- and three-dimensional CT scans,” Med. Phys. 30, 2040–2051 (2003).
49. Q. Li, H. Arimura, and K. Doi, “Selective enhancement filters for lung nodules, intracranial aneurysms, and breast microcalcifications,” Proc. CARS 1268, 929–934 (2004).
50. G. Agam, S. G. Armato, and C. H. Wu, “Vessel tree reconstruction in thoracic CT scans with application to nodule detection,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 24, 486–499 (2005).
51. A. P. Reeves, A. B. Chan, D. F. Yankelevitz, C. I. Henschke, B. Kressler, and W. J. Kostis, “On measuring the change in size of pulmonary nodules,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 25, 435–450 (2006).
52. S. Diciotti, S. Lombardo, G. Coppini, L. Grassi, M. Falchini, and M. Mascalchi, “The LoG characteristic scale: a consistent measurement of lung nodule size in CT imaging,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 29, 397–409 (2010).
54. L. M. J. Florack, B. M. T. Romeny, J. J. Koenderink, and M. A. Viergever, “General intensity transformations and 2nd-order invariants,” Theory Appl. Image Anal. 2, 22–29 (1992).
55. J. B. A. Maintz, P. A. van den Elsen, and M. A. Viergever, “Evaluation of ridge seeking operators for multimodality medical image matching,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 18, 353–365 (1996).
56. J. B. Maintz, P. A. van den Elsen, and M. A. Viergever, “Comparison of feature-based matching of CT and MR brain images,” Proc. CVR Med’95 (Springer Verlag, 1995), Vol. 905, pp. 219–228.
57. T. Tuytelaars and K. Mikolajczyk, “Local invariant feature detectors: A survey,” Found. Trends Comput. Graph. Vision 3, 177–280 (2007).
58. Y. Y. Chew, “2D and 3D Differential Invariance for Advanced Signal Processing,” Master’s thesis, School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Semenyih (2007).
59. M. Tan, M. Bister, and R. Deklerck, “Experiments on new combinations of gauge derivatives in both 2D and 3D test images,” Technical Report (Department of Electronics and Informatics (ETRO), Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2010).
61. N. Moshtagh, “Minimum volume enclosing ellipsoids,” Technical Report (University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, 2009).
62. S. Whiteson, P. Stone, K. O. Stanley, R. Mikkulainen, and N. Kohl, “Automatic feature selection in neuroevolution,” in Proceedings of Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) (ACM New York, Washington D.C., 2005), pp. 1225–1232.
63. S. Whiteson, K. O. Stanley, and R. Mikkulainen, “Automatic feature selection in neuroevolution,” in Proceedings of Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2004) Workshop Program (New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, 2004).
64. A. Ethembabaoglu and S. Whiteson, “Automatic feature selection using FS-NEAT,” Technical report IAS-UVA-08-02 (Intelligent Autonomous Systems Group, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2008).
66. C.-W. Hsu, C.-C. Chang, and C.-J. Lin, “A practical guide to support vector classification,” Technical Report (National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, 2009).
68. M. T. Hagan and M. Menhaj, “Training feed-forward networks with the Marquardt algorithm,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks 5, 989–993 (1999).
69. T. Kohonen, Self-Organizing Maps, 2nd ed. (Springer, Heidelberg, 1997).
70. T. Kohonen, Self-Organization and Associative Memory, 3rd ed. (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1988).
71. J. Vesanto
, J. Himberg
, E. Alhoniemi
, and J. Parhankangas
, “Self-organizing map in Matlab: The SOM toolbox
,” Laboratory of Information and Computer Science, Helsinki University of Technology (http://www.cis.hut.fi/projects/somtoolbox/about
; Last accessed: October 2010
73. B. Jansen, M. Tan, I. Bautmans, B. V. Keymolen, T. Mets, and R. Deklerck, “Accelerometer based gait analysis––Multi variate assessment of fall risk with FD-NEAT,” in Proceedings of Biosignals (Rome, Italy, 2011).
74. I. Gori, M. E. Fantacci, A. Preite Martinez, and A. Retico, “An automated system for lung nodule detection in low-dose computed tomography,” Proc. SPIE 6514, 65143R (2007).
75. R. Yuan, P. M. Vos, and P. L. Cooperberg, “Computer-aided detection in screening CT for pulmonary nodules,” Am. J. Roentgenol. 186, 1280–1287 (2006).
76. K. O. Stanley, “Efficient evolution of neural networks through complexification,” Ph.D. thesis (The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, 2004).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month