No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Real-time monitoring of high-intensity focused ultrasound ablations with photoacoustic technique: An in vitro study
3. S. Vaezy, X. G. Shi, R. W. Martin, E. Chi, P. I. Nelson, M. R. Bailey, and L. A. Crum, “Real-time visualization of high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment using ultrasound imaging,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 27, 33–42 (2001).
4. A. Blana, S. C. W. Brown, C. Chaussy, G. N. Conti, J. A. Eastham, R. Ganzer, F. J. Murat, G. Pasticier, X. Rebillard, J. C. Rewcastle, C. N. Robertson, S. Thuroff, and J. F. Ward, “High-intensity focused ultrasound for prostate cancer: comparative definitions of biochemical failure,” BJU Int. 104, 1058–1062 (2009).
6. C. Chaussy and S. Thuroff, “High-intensity focused ultrasound in the management of prostate cancer,” Expert Rev. Med. Devices 7, 209–217 (2010).
8. J. E. Kennedy, F. Wu, G. R. ter Haar, F. V. Gleeson, R. R. Phillips, M. R. Middleton, and D. Cranston, “High-intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of liver tumours,” Ultrasonics 42, 931–935 (2004).
9. J. C. Rewcastle, “High intensity focused ultrasound for prostate cancer: A review of the scientific foundation, technology and clinical outcomes,” Technol. Cancer Res. Treat. 5, 619–625 (2006).
10. X. Yang, “Investigation of bubble dynamics and heating during focused ultrasound insonation in tissue- mimicking materials,” Ph.D. dissertation, Boston University, 2003.
11. A. Gelet, J. Y. Chapelon, L. Poissonnier, R. Bouvier, O. Rouviere, L. Curiel, M. Janier, and G. Vallancien, “Local recurrence of prostate cancer after external beam radiotherapy: Early experience of salvage therapy using high-intensity focused ultrasonography,” Urology 63, 625–629 (2004).
12. M. Kimura, V. Mouraviev, M. Tsivian, J. M. Mayes, T. Satoh, and T. J. Polascik, “Current salvage methods for recurrent prostate cancer after failure of primary radiotherapy,” BJU Int. 105, 191–201 (2010).
13. C. Obyn and F. Mambourg, “Assessment of high intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of prostate cancer,” Acta Chir. Belg. 109, 581–586 (2009).
14. T. Ripert, M. D. Azemar, J. Menard, Y. Bayoud, R. Messaoudi, F. Duval, and F. Staerman, “Transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) treatment of localized prostate cancer: review of technical incidents and morbidity after 5 years of use,” Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 13, 132–137 (2010).
15. C. Chaussy, S. Thuroff, and T. Bergsdorf, “Local recurrence of prostate cancer after curative therapy. HIFU (Ablatherm((R))) as a treatment option,” Urologe 45, 1271–1275 (2006).
19. E. S. Ebbini, H. Yao, and A. Shrestha, “Dual-mode ultrasound phased arrays for image-guided surgery,” Ultrason. Imaging 28, 65–82 (2006).
20. R. MaassMoreno and C. A. Damianou, “Noninvasive temperature estimation in tissue via ultrasound echo-shifts part I. Analytical model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 2514–2521 (1996).
21. M. Pernot, M. Tanter, J. Bercoff, K. R. Waters, and M. Fink, “Temperature estimation using ultrasonic spatial compound imaging,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 51, 606–615 (2004).
22. R. Seip and E. S. Ebbini, “Noninvasive estimation of tissue temperature response to heating fields using diagnostic ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 42, 828–839 (1995).
23. C. Simon, P. VanBaren, and E. S. Ebbini, “Two-dimensional temperature estimation using diagnostic ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 45, 1088–1099 (1998).
24. T. Varghese, J. A. Zagzebski, Q. Chen, U. Techavipoo, G. Frank, C. Johnson, A. Wright, and F. T. Lee, “Ultrasound monitoring of temperature change during radiofrequency ablation: Preliminary in-vivo results,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 28, 321–329 (2002).
26. K. Hynynen, O. Pomeroy, D. N. Smith, P. E. Huber, N. J. McDannold, J. Kettenbach, J. Baum, S. Singer, and F. A. Jolesz, “MR imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery of fibroadenomas in the breast: A feasibility study,” Radiology 219, 176–185 (2001).
27. G. Ter Haar, D. Sinnett, and I. Rivens, “High-intensity focused ultrasound—A surgical technique for the treatment of discrete liver-tumors,” Phys. Med. Biol. 34, 1743–1750 (1989).
28. C. M. C. Tempany, E. A. Stewart, N. McDannold, B. J. Quade, F. A. Jolesz, and K. Hynynen, “MR imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery of uterine leiomyomas: A feasibility study,” Radiology 226, 897–905 (2003).
29.Private communication with Sonic Concept, Inc., 2010.
30. R. O. Esenaliev, A. A. Karabutov, and A. A. Oraevsky, “Sensitivity of laser opto-acoustic imaging in detection of small deeply embedded tumors,” IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 5, 981–988 (1999).
31. C. G. A. Hoelen, F. F. M. de Mul, R. Pongers, and A. Dekker, “Three-dimensional photoacoustic imaging of blood vessels in tissue,” Opt. Lett. 23, 648–650 (1998).
32. R. A. Kruger, P. Y. Liu, Y. R. Fang, and C. R. Appledorn, “Photoacoustic ultrasound (paus) - reconstruction tomography,” Med. Phys. 22, 1605–1609 (1995).
33. R. A. Kruger, D. R. Reinecke, and G. A. Kruger, “Thermoacoustic computed tomography-technical considerations,” Med. Phys. 26, 1832–1837 (1999).
35. V. E. Gusev and A. A. Karabutov, Laser Optoacoustics (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1993).
38. G. Ku and L. H. V. Wang, “Deeply penetrating photoacoustic tomography in biological tissues enhanced with an optical contrast agent,” Opt. Lett. 30, 507–509 (2005).
40. T. D. Khokhlova, I. M. Pelivanov, O. A. Sapozhnikov, V. S. Solomatin, and A. A. Karabutov, “Opto-acoustic diagnostics of the thermal action of high-intensity focused ultrasound on biological tissues: The possibility of its applications and model experiments,” Quantum Electron. 36, 1097–1102 (2006).
42. A. R. Funke, J. F. Aubry, M. Fink, A. C. Boccara, and E. Bossy, “Photoacoustic guidance of high intensity focused ultrasound with selective optical contrasts and time-reversal,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 054102 (2009).
43. P. V. Chitnis, H. P. Brecht, R. Su, and A. A. Oraevsky, “Feasibility of optoacoustic visualization of high-intensity focused ultrasound-induced thermal lesions in live tissue,” J. Biomed. Opt. 15, 021313 (2010).
44. B. Soroushian, W. M. Whelan, and M. C. Kolios, “Assessment of opto-mechanical behavior of biological samples by interferometry,” Proc. SPIE 7177, 71771X (2009).
45. H. Cui, J. Staley, and X. Yang, “The integration of photoacoustic imaging and high intensity focused ultrasound,” J. Biomed. Opt. 15, 021312 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month