No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Automated bone removal in CT angiography: Comparison of methods based on single energy and dual energy scans
1. W. Hollingworth, A. B. Nathens, J. P. Kanne, M. L. Crandall, T. A. Crummy, D. K. Hallam, M. C. Wang, and J. G. Jarvik, “The diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography angiography for traumatic or atherosclerotic lesions of the carotid and vertebral arteries: a systematic review,” Eur. J. Radiol. 48, 88–102 (2003).
2. R. Met, S. Bipat, D. A. Legemate, J. A. Reekers, and M. J. Koelemay, “Diagnostic performance of computed tomography angiography in peripheral arterial disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” JAMA, J. Am. Med. Assoc. 301, 415–424 (2009).
3. G. Mowatt, J. A. Cook, G. S. Hillis, S. Walker, C. Fraser, X. Jia, and N. Waugh, “64-Slice computed tomography angiography in the diagnosis and assessment of coronary artery disease: systematic review and meta-analysis,” Heart 94, 1386–1393 (2008).
5. S. Napel, M. P. Marks, G. D. Rubin, M. D. Dake, C. H. McDonnell, S. M. Song, D. R. Enzmann, and R. B. Jeffrey, Jr., “CT angiography with spiral CT and maximum intensity projection,” Radiology 185, 607–610 (1992).
6. M. M. Lell, S. G. Ruehm, M. Kramer, C. Panknin, R. Habibi, E. Klotz, and P. Villablanca, “Cranial computed tomography angiography with automated bone subtraction: A feasibility study,” Invest. Radiol. 44, 38–43 (2009).
7. H. W. Venema, F. J. Hulsmans, and G. J. den Heeten, “CT angiography of the circle of Willis and intracranial internal carotid arteries: maximum intensity projection with matched mask bone elimination-feasibility study,” Radiology 218, 893–898 (2001).
8. W. H. Sommer, T. R. Johnson, C. R. Becker, E. Arnoldi, H. Kramer, M. F. Reiser, and K. Nikolaou, “The value of dual-energy bone removal in maximum intensity projections of lower extremity computed tomography angiography,” Invest. Radiol. 44, 285–292 (2009).
9. E. Siebert, G. Bohner, M. Dewey, C. Bauknecht, and R. Klingebiel, “Dose related, comparative evaluation of a novel bone-subtraction algorithm in 64-row cervico-cranial CT angiography,” Eur. J. Radiol. 73, 168–174 (2010).
10. T. R. Johnson, B. Krauss, M. Sedlmair, M. Grasruck, H. Bruder, D. Morhard, C. Fink, S. Weckbach, M. Lenhard, B. Schmidt, T. Flohr, M. F. Reiser, and C. R. Becker, “Material differentiation by dual energy CT: Initial experience,” Eur. Radiol. 17, 1510–1517 (2007).
11. A. N. Primak, J. C. Ramirez Giraldo, X. Liu, L. Yu, and C. H. McCollough, “Improved dual-energy material discrimination for dual-source CT by means of additional spectral filtration,” Med. Phys. 36, 1359–1369 (2009).
12. P. Stolzmann, S. Leschka, H. Scheffel, K. Rentsch, S. Baumuller, L. Desbiolles, B. Schmidt, B. Marincek, and H. Alkadhi, “Characterization of urinary stones with dual-energy CT: Improved differentiation using a tin filter,” Invest. Radiol. 45, 1–6 (2010).
13. W. A. Kalender, P. Deak, M. Kellermeier, M. van Straten, and S. V. Vollmar, “Application- and patient size-dependent optimization of x-ray spectra for CT,” Med. Phys. 36, 993–1007 (2009).
14. M. L. Bahner, A. Bengel, G. Brix, I. Zuna, H. U. Kauczor, and S. Delorme, “Improved vascular opacification in cerebral computed tomography angiography with 80 kVp,” Invest. Radiol. 40, 229–234 (2005).
15. Z. Szucs-Farkas, L. Kurmann, T. Strautz, M. A. Patak, P. Vock, and S. T. Schindera, “Patient exposure and image quality of low-dose pulmonary computed tomography angiography: comparison of 100- and 80-kVp protocols,” Invest. Radiol. 43, 871–876 (2008).
16. A. Waaijer, M. Prokop, B. K. Velthuis, C. J. Bakker, G. A. de Kort, and M. S. van Leeuwen, “Circle of Willis at CT angiography: dose reduction and image quality–reducing tube voltage and increasing tube current settings,” Radiology 242, 832–839 (2007).
17. M. M. Lell, M. Kramer, E. Klotz, P. Villablanca, and S. G. Ruehm, “Carotid computed tomography angiography with automated bone suppression: A comparative study between dual energy and bone subtraction techniques,” Invest. Radiol. 44, 322–328 (2009).
18. D. Morhard, C. Fink, A. Graser, M. F. Reiser, C. Becker, and T. R. Johnson, “Cervical and cranial computed tomographic angiography with automated bone removal: Dual energy computed tomography versus standard computed tomography,” Invest. Radiol. 44, 293–297 (2009).
20. W. A. Kalender, Computed Tomography—Fundamentals, System Technology, Image Quality, Applications, 2nd revised ed. (Publicis Corporate Publishing, Erlangen, 2005).
21. P. Massoumzadeh, S. Don, C. F. Hildebolt, K. T. Bae, and B. R. Whiting, “Validation of CT dose-reduction simulation,” Med. Phys. 36, 174–189 (2009).
22. L. Yu, A. N. Primak, X. Liu, and C. H. McCollough, “Image quality optimization and evaluation of linearly mixed images in dual-source, dual-energy CT,” Med. Phys. 36, 1019–1024 (2009).
23. C. H. McCollough, S. Ulzheimer, S. S. Halliburton, K. Shanneik, R. D. White, and W. A. Kalender, “Coronary artery calcium: a multi-institutional, multimanufacturer international standard for quantification at cardiac CT,” Radiology 243, 527–538 (2007).
24. S. Klein, M. Staring, K. Murphy, M. A. Viergever, and J. P. Pluim, “elastix: a toolbox for intensity-based medical image registration,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 29, 196–205 (2010).
25. M. van Straten, H. W. Venema, G. J. Streekstra, C. B. Majoie, G. J. den Heeten, and C. A. Grimbergen, “Removal of bone in CT angiography of the cervical arteries by piecewise matched mask bone elimination,” Med. Phys. 31, 2924–2933 (2004).
26. A. N. Primak, J. C. Giraldo, C. D. Eusemann, B. Schmidt, B. Kantor, J. G. Fletcher, and C. H. McCollough, “Dual-source dual-energy CT with additional tin filtration: Dose and image quality evaluation in phantoms and in vivo,” AJR Am. J. Roentgenol. 195, 1164–1174 (2010).
27. J. C. Schenzle, W. H. Sommer, K. Neumaier, G. Michalski, U. Lechel, K. Nikolaou, C. R. Becker, M. F. Reiser, and T. R. Johnson, “Dual energy CT of the chest: how about the dose?,” Invest. Radiol. 45, 347–353 (2010).
28. L. A. Lehmann, R. E. Alvarez, A. Macovski, W. R. Brody, N. J. Pelc, S. J. Riederer, and A. L. Hall, “Generalized image combinations in dual KVP digital radiography,” Med Phys. 8, 659–667 (1981).
30. D. R. Holmes, 3rd, J. G. Fletcher, A. Apel, J. E. Huprich, H. Siddiki, D. M. Hough, B. Schmidt, T. G. Flohr, R. Robb, C. McCollough, M. Wittmer, and C. Eusemann, “Evaluation of non-linear blending in dual-energy computed tomography,” Eur. J. Radiol. 68, 409–413 (2008).
31. A. Apel, J. G. Fletcher, J. L. Fidler, D. M. Hough, L. Yu, L. S. Guimaraes, M. E. Bellemann, C. H. McCollough, D. R. Holmes, 3rd, and C. D. Eusemann, “Pilot multi-reader study demonstrating potential for dose reduction in dual energy hepatic CT using non-linear blending of mixed kV image datasets,” Eur. Radiol. 21, 644–652 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month