No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Flow characteristics in a canine aneurysm model: A comparison of 4D accelerated phase-contrast MR measurements and computational fluid dynamics simulations
3. C. M. Strother, V. B. Graves, and A. Rappe, “Aneurysm hemodynamics: an experimental study,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 13, 1089–1095 (1992).
4. G. Benndorf, E. Wellnhofer, W. Lanksch, and R. Felix, “Intraaneurysmal flow: Evaluation with Doppler guidewires,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 17, 1333–1337 (1996).
5. S. Meckel, A. F. Stalder, F. Santini, E. W. Radu, D. A. Rufenacht, M. Markl, and S. G. Wetzel, “In vivo visualization and analysis of 3-D hemodynamics in cerebral aneurysms with flow-sensitized 4-D MR imaging at 3 T,” Neuroradiology 50, 473–484 (2008).
6. D. A. Steinman, J. S. Milner, C. J. Norley, S. P. Lownie, and D. W. Holdsworth, “Image-based computational simulation of flow dynamics in a giant intracranial aneurysm,” AJNR Am J. Neuroradiol. 24, 559–566 (2003).
7. M. Shojima, M. Oshima, K. Takagi, R. Torii, M. Hayakawa, K. Katada, A. Morita, and T. Kirino, “Magnitude and role of wall shear stress on cerebral aneurysm: computational fluid dynamic study of 20 middle cerebral artery aneurysms,” Stroke 35, 2500–2505 (2004).
8. J. R. Cebral, M. A. Castro, J. E. Burgess, R. S. Pergolizzi, M. J. Sheridan, and C. M. Putman, “Characterization of cerebral aneurysms for assessing risk of rupture by using patient-specific computational hemodynamics models,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 26, 2550–2559 (2005).
9. P. K. Singh, A. Marzo, S. C. Coley, G. Berti, P. Bijlenga, P. V. Lawford, M. C. Villa-Uriol, D. A. Rufenacht, K. M. McCormack, A. Frangi, U. J. Patel, and D. R. Hose, “The role of computational fluid dynamics in the management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms: a clinicians’ view,” Comput. Intell. Neurosci. 760364 (2009).
11. M. Markl, F. P. Chan, M. T. Alley, K. L. Wedding, M. T. Draney, C. J. Elkins, D. W. Parker, R. Wicker, C. A. Taylor, R. J. Herfkens, and N. J. Pelc, “Time-resolved three-dimensional phase-contrast MRI,” J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 17, 499–506 (2003).
12. T. Gu, F. R. Korosec, W. F. Block, S. B. Fain, Q. Turk, D. Lum, Y. Zhou, T. M. Grist, V. Haughton, and C. A. Mistretta, “PC VIPR: A high-speed 3D phase-contrast method for flow quantification and high-resolution angiography,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 26, 743–749 (2005).
13. R. Moftakhar, B. Aagaard-Kienitz, K. Johnson, P. A. Turski, A. S. Turk, D. B. Niemann, D. Consigny, J. Grinde, O. Wieben, and C. A. Mistretta, “Noninvasive measurement of intra-aneurysmal pressure and flow pattern using phase contrast with vastly undersampled isotropic projection imaging,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 28, 1710–1714 (2007).
14. T. A. Hope, M. D. Hope, D. D. Purcell, C. von Morze, D. B. Vigneron, M. T. Alley, and W. P. Dillon, “Evaluation of intracranial stenoses and aneurysms with accelerated 4D flow,” Magn. Reson. Imaging 28, 41–46 (2010).
15. D. P. Lum, K. M. Johnson, R. K. Paul, A. S. Turk, D. W. Consigny, J. R. Grinde, C. A. Mistretta, and T. M. Grist, “Transstenotic pressure gradients: measurement in swine–retrospectively ECG-gated 3D phase-contrast MR angiography versus endovascular pressure-sensing guidewires,” Radiology 245, 751–760 (2007).
16. H. Isoda, Y. Ohkura, T. Kosugi, M. Hirano, M. T. Alley, R. Bammer, N. J. Pelc, H. Namba, and H. Sakahara, “Comparison of hemodynamics of intracranial aneurysms between MR fluid dynamics using 3D cine phase-contrast MRI and MR-based computational fluid dynamics,” Neuroradiology 52, 913–920 (2009).
17. P. Dyverfeldt, J. P. Kvitting, A. Sigfridsson, J. Engvall, A. F. Bolger, and T. Ebbers, “Assessment of fluctuating velocities in disturbed cardiovascular blood flow: in vivo feasibility of generalized phase-contrast MRI,” J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 28, 655–663 (2008).
18. V. L. Rayz, L. Boussel, G. Acevedo-Bolton, A. J. Martin, W. L. Young, M. T. Lawton, R. Higashida, and D. Saloner, “Numerical simulations of flow in cerebral aneurysms: comparison of CFD results and in vivo MRI measurements,” J. Biomech. Eng. 130, 051011 (2008).
19. C. Karmonik, R. Klucznik, and G. Benndorf, “Comparison of velocity patterns in an AComA aneurysm measured with 2D phase contrast MRI and simulated with CFD,” Technol. Health Care 16, 119–128 (2008).
20. C. Canstein, P. Cachot, A. Faust, A. F. Stalder, J. Bock, A. Frydrychowicz, J. Kuffer, J. Hennig, and M. Markl, “3D MR flow analysis in realistic rapid-prototyping model systems of the thoracic aorta: Comparison with in vivo data and computational fluid dynamics in identical vessel geometries,” Magn. Reson. Med. 59, 535–546 (2008).
21. J. R. Cebral, C. M. Putman, M. T. Alley, T. Hope, R. Bammer, and F. Calamante, “Hemodynamics in Normal Cerebral Arteries: Qualitative Comparison of 4D Phase-Contrast Magnetic Resonance and Image-Based Computational Fluid Dynamics,” J. Eng. Math. 64, 367–378 (2009).
22. C. Karmonik, R. Klucznik, and G. Benndorf, “Blood flow in cerebral aneurysms: Comparison of phase contrast magnetic resonance and computational fluid dynamics—Preliminary experience,” Rofo Fortschr Geb Rontgenstr Neuen Bildgeb Verfahr 180, 209–215 (2008).
23. R. Bammer, T. A. Hope, M. Aksoy, and M. T. Alley, “Time-resolved 3D quantitative flow MRI of the major intracranial vessels: initial experience and comparative evaluation at 1.5T and 3.0T in combination with parallel imaging,” Magn Reson Med 57, 127–140 (2007).
24. H. J. Steiger, A. Poll, D. Liepsch, and H. J. Reulen, “Basic flow structure in saccular aneurysms: a flow visualization study,” Heart Vessels 3, 55–65 (1987).
25. E. J. Nett, Johnson, K. M. , B. R. Landgraf, and O. Wieben, Presented at the 17th Scientific Meeting of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Hawaii (unpublished).
26. A. S. Turk, B. Aagaard-Kienitz, D. Niemann, D. Consigny, A. Rappe, J. Grinde, and C. M. Strother, “Natural history of the canine vein pouch aneurysm model,” AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 28, 531–532 (2007).
28. K. M. Johnson, D. P. Lum, P. A. Turski, W. F. Block, C. A. Mistretta, and O. Wieben, “Improved 3D phase contrast MRI with off-resonance corrected dual echo VIPR,” Magn. Reson. Med. 60, 1329–1336 (2008).
29. I. SimpleWare, Simpleware Reference Guide (SimpleWare Inc., 2009), Vol. 2009.
30. P. G. Young, T. B. Beresford-West, S. R. Coward, B. Notarberardino, B. Walker, and A. Abdul-Aziz, “An efficient approach to converting three-dimensional image data into highly accurate computational models,” Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 366, 3155–3173 (2008).
31. S. S. Shibeshi and W. E. Collins, “The Rheology of Blood Flow in a Branched Arterial System,” Appl. Rheol. 15, 398–405 (2005).
32. S. Maguire, M. J. Graves, K. Markenroth, and N. D. Abolmaali, Presented at the ISMRM (unpublished).
33. A. J. Evans, F. Iwai, T. A. Grist, H. D. Sostman, L. W. Hedlund, C. E. Spritzer, R. Negro-Vilar, C. A. Beam, and N. J. Pelc, “Magnetic resonance imaging of blood flow with a phase subtraction technique. in vitro and in vivo validation,” Invest. Radiol. 28, 109–115 (1993).
34. J. Lotz, C. Meier, A. Leppert, and M. Galanski, “Cardiovascular Flow Measurement with Phase-Contrast MR Imaging: Basic Facts and Implementation,” Radiographics 22, 651–671 (2002).
35. U. Kohler, I. Marshall, M. B. Robertson, Q. Long, X. Y. Xu, and P. R. Hoskins, “MRI measurement of wall shear stress vectors in bifurcation models and comparison with CFD predictions,” J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 14, 563–573 (2001).
36. A. A. Valencia, A. M. Guzman, E. A. Finol, and C. H. Amon, “Blood flow dynamics in saccular aneurysm models of the basilar artery,” J. Biomech. Eng. 128, 516–526 (2006).
37. H. Li and I. F. Shen, “Similarity Measure for Vector Field Learning,” in Advances in Neural Networks—ISNN 2006 (2006), pp. 436–441.
38. M. Markl and J. Hennig, “Phase contrast MRI with improved temporal resolution by view sharing: k-space related velocity mapping properties,” Magn. Reson. Imaging 19, 669–676 (2001).
39. M. Zockler, D. Stalling, and H.-C. Hege, “Interactive visualization of 3D-vector fields using illuminated stream lines,” Proceedings of the 7th conference on Visualization ’96, (IEEE Computer Society Press, San Francisco, California, 1996).
41. P. Lylyk, C. Miranda, R. Ceratto, A. Ferrario, E. Scrivano, H. R. Luna, A. L. Berez, Q. Tran, P. K. Nelson, and D. Fiorella, “Curative endovascular reconstruction of cerebral aneurysms with the pipeline embolization device: The Buenos Aires experience,” Neurosurgery 64, 632–642; discussion 642–633; quiz N636 (2009).
42. J. Bock, A. Frydrychowicz, A. F. Stalder, T. A. Bley, H. Burkhardt, J. Hennig, and M. Markl, “4D phase contrast MRI at 3 T: Effect of standard and blood-pool contrast agents on SNR, PC-MRA, and blood flow visualization,” Magn. Reson. Med. 63, 330–338 (2008).
43. F. M. Box, R. J. van der Geest, J. van der Grond, M. J. van Osch, A. H. Zwinderman, I. H. Palm-Meinders, J. Doornbos, G. J. Blauw, M. A. van Buchem, and J. H. Reiber, “Reproducibility of wall shear stress assessment with the paraboloid method in the internal carotid artery with velocity encoded MRI in healthy young individuals,” J Magn. Reson. Imaging 26, 598–605 (2007).
44. A. Valencia, A. ZÃ¡rate, M. GÃ¡lvez, and L. Badilla, Non-Newtonian Blood Flow Dynamics in a Right Internal Carotid Artery a Saccular Aneurysm (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2006).
45. E. L. William and E. C. Harvey, “Marching cubes: A high resolution 3D surface construction algorithm,” SIGGRAPH Comput. Graph. 21, 163–169 (1987).
46. A. D. Augst, D. C. Barratt, A. D. Hughes, F. P. Glor, G. T. S. A. Mc, and X. Y. Xu, “Accuracy and reproducibility of CFD predicted wall shear stress using 3D ultrasound images,” J. Biomech. Eng. 125, 218–222 (2003).
47. A. Caprihan, S. A. Altobelli, and E. Benitez-Read, “Flow-velocity imaging from linear regression of phase images with techniques for reducing eddy-current effects,” J. Magn. Reson. (1969) 90, 71–89 (1990).
48. A. Chernobelsky, O. Shubayev, C. R. Comeau, and S. D. Wolff, “Baseline correction of phase contrast images improves quantification of blood flow in the great vessels,” J. Cardiovasc. Magn. Reson. 9, 681–685 (2007).
49. F. B. Meyer, J. Huston III, and S. S. Riederer, “Pulsatile increases in aneurysm size determined by cine phase-contrast MR angiography,” J. Neurosurg. 78, 879–883 (1993).
50. J. R. Cebral, F. Mut, M. Raschi, E. Scrivano, R. Ceratto, P. Lylyk, and C. M. Putman, “Aneurysm rupture following treatment with flow-diverting stents: Computational hemodynamics analysis of treatment,” AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32, 27–33 (2011).
51. J. Jiang and C. Strother, “Computational fluid dynamics simulations of intracranial aneurysms at varying heart rates: a “patient-specific” study,” J. Biomech. Eng. 131, 091001 (2009).
52. S. Jin, J. Oshinski, and D. P. Giddens, “Effects of Wall Motion and Compliance on Flow Patterns in the Ascending Aorta,” J. Biomech. Eng. 125, 347–354 (2003).
53. J. R. Cebral, M. A. Castro, S. Appanaboyina, C. M. Putman, D. Millan, and A. F. Frangi, “Efficient pipeline for image-based patient-specific analysis of cerebral aneurysm hemodynamics: technique and sensitivity,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 24, 457–467 (2005).
54. M. Watanabe, R. Kikinis, and C. F. Westin, “Level set-based integration of segmentation and computational fluid dynamics for flow correction in phase contrast angiography,” Acad. Radiol. 10, 1416–1423 (2003).
55. T. Schenkel, M. Malve, M. Reik, M. Markl, B. Jung, and H. Oertel, “MRI-based CFD analysis of flow in a human left ventricle: methodology and application to a healthy heart,” Ann Biomed Eng 37, 503–515 (2009).
56. W. R. Milnor, Hemodynamics (Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, 1982).
57. T. A. Driscoll and A. R. H. Heryudono, “Adaptive residual subsampling methods for radial basis function interpolation and collocation problems,” Comput. Math. Appl. 53, 927–939 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month