No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
High intensity focused ultrasound may be superior to radiation therapy for the treatment of early stage prostate cancer
1. X. Rebillard, A. Gelet, J. L. Davin, M. Soulie, D. Prapotnich, X. Cathelineau, F. Rozet, and G. Vallancien, “Transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound in the treatment of localized prostate cancer,” J. Endourol. 19, 693–701 (2005).
2. K. Hynynen, A. Darkazanli, E. Unger, and J. F. Schenck, “MRI-guided noninvasive ultrasound surgery,” Med. Phys. 20, 107–115 (1993).
3. B.D. de Senneville, C. Mougenot, B. Quesson, I. Dragonu, N. Grenier, and C. T. Moonen, “MR thermometry for monitoring tumor ablation,” Eur. Radiol. 17, 2401–2410 (2007).
4. A. Blana, S. Rogenhofer, R. Ganzer, J. C. Lunz, M. Schostak, W. F. Wieland, and B. Walter, “Eight years’ experience with high-intensity focused ultrasonography for treatment of localized prostate cancer,” Urology 72, 1329–1334 (2008).
5. S. Crouzet, F. J. Murat, G. Pasticier, P. Cassier, J. Y. Chapelon, and A. Gelet, “High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for prostate cancer: Current clinical status, outcomes and future perspectives,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 26, 796–803 (2010).
6. T. Uchida, S. Shoji, M. Nakano, S. Hongo, M. Nitta, A. Murota, and Y. Nagata, “Transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of localized prostate cancer: Eight-year experience,” Int. J. Urol. 16, 881–886 (2009).
7. F. J. Murat, L. Poissonnier, M. Rabilloud, A. Belot, R. Bouvier, O. Rouviere, J. Y. Chapelon, and A. Gelet, “Mid-term results demonstrate salvage high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) as an effective and acceptably morbid salvage treatment option for locally radiorecurrent prostate cancer,” Eur. Urol. 55, 640–647 (2009).
8. A. N. Guthkelch et al., “Treatment of malignant brain tumors with focused ultrasound hyperthermia and radiation: Results of a phase I trial,” J. Neurooncol. 10, 271–284 (1991).
9. S. Crouzet, X. Rebillard, D. Chevallier, P. Rischmann, G. Pasticier, G. Garcia, O. Rouviere, J. Y. Chapelon, and A. Gelet, “Multicentric oncologic outcomes of high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancer in 803 patients,” Eur. Urol. 58, 559–566 (2010).
10. J. B. Madalinska, M.L. Essink-Bot, H.J. de Koning, W. J. Kirkels, P. J. van der Maas, and F. H. Schroder, “Health-related quality-of-life effects of radical prostatectomy and primary radiotherapy for screen-detected or clinically diagnosed localized prostate cancer,” J. Clin. Oncol. 19, 1619–1628 (2001).
11. A. L. Potosky, J. Legler, P. C. Albertsen, J. L. Stanford, F. D. Gilliland, A. S. Hamilton, J. W. Eley, R. A. Stephenson, and L. C. Harlan, “Health outcomes after prostatectomy or radiotherapy for prostate cancer: Results from the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study,” J. Natl. Canc. Inst. 92, 1582–1592 (2000).
12. X. Rebillard, M. Soulie, E. Chartier-Kastler, J. L. Davin, J. P. Mignard, J. L. Moreau, and C. Coulange, “High-intensity focused ultrasound in prostate cancer; a systematic literature review of the French Association of Urology,” Brit. J. Urol. Int. 101, 1205–1213 (2008).
13. J. C. Rewcastle, “High intensity focused ultrasound for prostate cancer: A review of the scientific foundation, technology and clinical outcomes,” Technol. Cancer Res. Treat. 5, 619–625 (2006).
14. C. J. Rosser, R. Chichakli, L. B. Levy, D. A. Kuban, L. G. Smith, and L. L. Pisters, “Biochemical disease-free survival in men younger than 60 years with prostate cancer treated with external beam radiation,” J. Urol. 168, 536–541 (2002).
15. S. Muto, T. Yoshii, K. Saito, Y. Kamiyama, H. Ide, and S. Horie, “Focal therapy with high-intensity-focused ultrasound in the treatment of localized prostate cancer,” Jpn. J. Clin. Oncol. 38, 192–199 (2008).
16. G. A. Viani, E. J. Stefano, and S. L. Afonso, “Higher-than-conventional radiation doses in localized prostate cancer treatment: A meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 74, 1405–1418 (2009).
17. A. L. Zietman et al., “Randomized trial comparing conventional-dose with high-dose conformal radiation therapy in early-stage adenocarcinoma of the prostate: Long-term results from Proton Radiation Oncology Group/American College of Radiology 95-09,” J. Clin. Oncol. 28, 1106–1111 (2010).
19. M. Warmuth, T. Johansson, and P. Mad, “Systematic review of the efficacy and safety of high-intensity focussed ultrasound for the primary and salvage treatment of prostate cancer,” Eur. Urol. 58, 803–815 (2010).
20. M. J. Zelefsky et al., “High-dose intensity modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: Early toxicity and biochemical outcome in 772 patients,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 53, 1111–1116 (2002).
21. G. O. De Meerleer et al., “Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: Late morbidity and results on biochemical control,” Radiother. Oncol. 82, 160–166 (2007).
22. A. Dal Pra, F. L. Cury, and L. Souhami, “Combining radiation therapy and androgen deprivation for localized prostate cancer-a critical review,” Curr. Oncol. 17, 28–39 (2010).
23. A. V. Taira , G. S. Merrick, R. W. Galbreath, K. E. Wallner, and W. M. Butler, “Natural history of clinically staged low- and intermediate-risk prostate cancer treated with monotherapeutic permanent interstitial brachytherapy,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 76, 349–354 (2010).
24. T. Pickles, M. Keyes, and W. J. Morris, “Brachytherapy or conformal external radiotherapy for prostate cancer: A single-institution matched-pair analysis,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 76, 43–49 (2010).
25. M. J. Zelefsky, H. Chan, M. Hunt, Y. Yamada, A. Shippy, and H. Amols, “Long-term outcome of high dose intensity modulated radiation therapy for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer,” J. Urol. 176, 1414–1419 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
There is no abstract available for this article.
Full text loading...
Most read this month