No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Novel needle cutting edge geometry for end-cut biopsy
1. K. Fink, G. Hutarew, A. Pytel, and N. Schmeller, “Prostate biopsy outcome using 29 mm cutting length,” Urol. Int., 75(3), 209–212 (2005).
2. K. Iczkowski, G. Casella, R. Seppala, G. Jones, B. Mishler, J. Qian, and D. Bostwick, “Needle core length in sextant biopsy influences prostate cancer detection rate,” Urology, 59(5), 698–703 (2002).
3. G. Ubhayakar, W. Li, C. Corbishley, and U. Patel, “Improving glandular coverage during prostate biopsy using a long-core needle: Technical performance of an end-cutting needle,” BJU Int. 89(1), 40–43 (2002).
4. C. D. Lehman and T. Aikawa, “MR-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: Accuracy of targeting and success in sampling in a phantom model,” Radiology 232(3), 911–914 (2004).
5. T. K. Podder, D. P. Clark, J. Sherman, D. Fuller, E. Messing, D. Rubens, J. Strang, R. Brasacchio, L. Liao, W. S. Ng, and Y. Yu, “in vivo motion and force measurement of surgical needle intervention during prostate brachytherapy,” Med. Phys. 33, 2915–2922 (2006).
6. B. Maurin, L. Barbe, B. Bayle, P. Zanne, J. Gangloff, M. de Mathelin, A. Gangi, L. Soler, and A. Forgione, “In vivo study of forces during needle insertions,” edited by T. M. Buzug and T. C. Lueth, Perspectives in image-guided surgery (World Scientific Pub Co, Singapore, 2004), pp. 415–422.
7. T. K. Podder, D. P. Clark, J. Sherman, D. Fuller, E. Messing, D. J. Rubens, J. G. Strang, Y. D. Zhang, W. O’Dell, W. S. Ng, and Y. Yu, “Effects of tip geometry of surgical needles: an assessment of force and deflection,” 3rd European Medical and Biological Engineering Conference, (Prague, Czech Republic, 2005).
8. M. O’Leary, C. Simone, T. Wahio, K. Yoshinaka, and A. Okamura, “Robotic needle insertion: effects of friction and needle geometry,” in the 2003 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (Taipei, Taiwan, 2003), pp. 1774–1780.
9. H. Kataoka, T. Washio, M. Audette, and K. Mizuhara, “A model for relations between needle deflection, force, and thickness on needle penetration,” in the Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2001), pp. 966–974.
12. J. Moore, Q. Zhang, C. McGill, P. McLaughlin, H. Zheng, and A. Shih, “Cutting edge rake and inclination angles modeling for plane needles,” J. Manuf. Sci. Eng. 132(5), 051005 (2010).
13. J. Moore, Q. Zhang, C. McGill, H. Zheng, P. McLaughlin, and A. Shih, “Modeling cutting edge geometry for plane and curved needle tips,” Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., Part B (accepted).
14. J. Moore, C. McGill, Q. Zhang, P. McLaughlin, H. Zheng, and A. Shih, “Blade oblique cutting of tissue for investigation of biopsy needle insertion,” Trans. NAMRI/SME 37, 49–56 (2009).
15. J. Moore and A. Shih, “Tissue oblique cutting flow angle and needle insertion contact length,” Trans. NAMRI/SME 38, 711–718 (2010).
17. T. Kucklick, The Medical Device R&D Handbook (Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, 2006).
18. R. L. Huber, “Hypodermic needle,” U.S, patent 2,409,979 (22 October 1946).
19. Chauncy F. Ross, “Hypodermic needle,” U.S. patent 6,702,790 (9 March 2004).
20. Joseph F. Gravlee, Jr., “Hypodermic needle,” U.S. patent 5,733,266 (31 March 1998).
21. A. Shih, M. Lewis, and J. Strenkowski, “End milling of elastomers—Fixture design and tool effectiveness for material removal,” J. Manuf. Sci. Eng. 126,115–123 (2004).
22. M. Heverly, P. Dupont, and J. Triedman, “Trajectory optimization for dynamic needle insertion,” International Conference on Robotics and Automation (Barcelona, Spain, 2005), pp. 1658–1663.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month