No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Carotid artery recognition system: A comparison of three automated paradigms for ultrasound images
1. M. Amato, P. Montorsi, A. Ravani, E. Oldani, S. Galli, P. M. Ravagnani, E. Tremoli, and D. Baldassarre, “Carotid intima-media thickness by B-mode ultrasound as surrogate of coronary atherosclerosis: Correlation with quantitative coronary angiography and coronary intravascular ultrasound findings,” Eur. Heart J. 28, 2094–2101 (2007).
3. L. Saba and G. Mallarini, “A comparison between NASCET and ECST methods in the study of carotids: Evaluation using Multi-Detector-Row CT angiography,” Eur. J. Radiol. 76, 42–47 (2010).
4. P. J. Touboul, M. G. Hennerici, S. Meairs, H. Adams, P. Amarenco, N. Bornstein, L. Csiba, M. Desvarieux, S. Ebrahim, M. Fatar, R. Hernandez Hernandez, M. Jaff, S. Kownator, P. Prati, T. Rundek, M. Sitzer, U. Schminke, J. C. Tardif, A. Taylor, E. Vicaut, K. S. Woo, F. Zannad, and M. Zureik, “Mannheim carotid intima-media thickness consensus (2004–2006). An update on behalf of the Advisory Board of the 3rd and 4th Watching the Risk Symposium, 13th and 15th European Stroke Conferences, Mannheim, Germany, 2004, and Brussels, Belgium, 2006,” Cerebrovasc Dis. 23, 75–80 (2007).
5. P. J. Touboul, M. G. Hennerici, S. Meairs, H. Adams, P. Amarenco, M. Desvarieux, S. Ebrahim, M. Fatar, R. Hernandez Hernandez, S. Kownator, P. Prati, T. Rundek, A. Taylor, N. Bornstein, L. Csiba, E. Vicaut, K. S. Woo, and F. Zannad, “Mannheim intima-media thickness consensus,” Cerebrovasc Dis. 18, 346–349 (2004).
6. L. Saba, R. Montisci, F. Molinari, N. Tallapally, G. Zeng, G. Mallarini, and J. S. Suri, “Comparison between manual and automated analysis for the quantification of carotid wall by using sonography. A validation study with CT,” Eur. J. Radiol. (in press).
7. I. M. van der Meer, M. L. Bots, A. Hofman, A. I. del Sol, D. A. van der Kuip, and J. C. Witteman, “Predictive value of noninvasive measures of atherosclerosis for incident myocardial infarction: the Rotterdam Study,” Circulation 109, 1089–1094 (2004).
8. F. Molinari, G. Zeng, and J. S. Suri, “A state of the art review on intima-media thickness (IMT) measurement and wall segmentation techniques for carotid ultrasound,” Comput. Methods Programs Biomed. 100, 201–221 (2010).
9. J. F. Polak, L. C. Funk, and D. H. O’Leary, “Inter-reader differences in common carotid artery intima-media thickness: Implications for cardiovascular risk assessment and vascular age determination,” J. Ultrasound Med. 30, 915–920 (2011).
10. P. J. Touboul, E. Vicaut, J. Labreuche, J. P. Belliard, S. Cohen, S. Kownator, and I. Pithois-Merli, “Design, baseline characteristics and carotid intima-media thickness reproducibility in the PARC study,” Cerebrovasc Dis. 19, 57–63 (2005).
11. E. de Groot, S. I. van Leuven, R. Duivenvoorden, M. C. Meuwese, F. Akdim, M. L. Bots, and J. J. Kastelein, “Measurement of carotid intima-media thickness to assess progression and regression of atherosclerosis,” Nat. Clin. Pract. Cardiovasc. Med. 5, 280–288 (2008).
12. S. Delsanto, F. Molinari, P. Giustetto, W. Liboni, and S. Badalamenti, “CULEX-completely user-independent layers extraction: Ultrasonic carotid artery images segmentation,” Conf. Proc. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Soc. 6, 6468–6471 (2005).
13. S. Delsanto, F. Molinari, P. Giustetto, W. Liboni, S. Badalamenti, and J. S. Suri, “Characterization of a completely user-independent algorithm for carotid artery segmentation in 2-D ultrasound images,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., 56, 1265–1274 (2007).
14. F. Molinari, G. Zeng, and J. S. Suri, “An integrated approach to computer-based automated tracing and its validation for 200 common carotid arterial wall ultrasound images: A new technique,” J. Ultrasound Med. 29, 399–418 (2010).
15. F. Molinari, G. Zeng, and J. S. Suri, “Intima-media thickness: Setting a standard for completely automated method for ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 57, 1112–1124 (2010).
16. F. Molinari, C. Pattichis, G. Zeng, L. Saba, U. Acharya, R. Sanfilippo, A. Nicolaides, and J. Suri, “Completely automated multi-resolution edge snapper (CAMES) inverted question mark a new technique for an accurate carotid ultrasound IMT measurement: Clinical validation and benchmarking on a multi-institutional database,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. (in press).
17. F. Molinari, G. Zeng, and J. S. Suri, “Greedy technique and its validation for fusion of two segmentation paradigms leads to an accurate intima-media thickness measure in plaque carotid arterial ultrasound,” J. Vasc. Ultrasound 34, 63–73 (2010).
18. F. Molinari, W. Liboni, P. Giustetto, S. Badalamenti, and J. S. Suri, “Automatic computer-based tracings (ACT) in longitudinal 2-D ultrasound images using different scanners,” J. Mech. Med. Biol. 9, 481–505 (2009).
19. A. C. Rossi, P. J. Brands, and A. P. Hoeks, “Automatic recognition of the common carotid artery in longitudinal ultrasound B-mode scans,” Med. Image Anal. 12, 653–665 (2008).
20. S. Golemati, J. Stoitsis, E. G. Sifakis, T. Balkizas, and K. S. Nikita, “Using the Hough transform to segment ultrasound images of longitudinal and transverse sections of the carotid artery,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 33, 1918–1932 (2007).
21. R. Rocha, A. Campilho, J. Silva, E. Azevedo, and R. Santos, “Segmentation of ultrasound images of the carotid using RANSAC and cubic splines,” Comput. Methods Programs Biomed. 101, 94–106 (2011).
22. R. Rocha, A. Campilho, J. Silva, E. Azevedo, and R. Santos, “Segmentation of the carotid intima-media region in B-Mode ultrasound images,” Image Vis. Comput. 28, 614–625 (2010).
23. Y. Zhen, S. Jasjit, S. Yajie, and R. Janer, presented at the “IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2005, ICIP 2005, Genoa, Italy.
24. L. Fan, P. Santago, W. Riley, and D. M. Herrington, “An adaptive template-matching method and its application to the boundary detection of brachial artery ultrasound scans,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 27, 399–408 (2001).
25. C. P. Loizou, C. S. Pattichis, C. I. Christodoulou, R. S. H. Istepanian, M. Pantziaris, and A. Nicolaides, “Comparative evaluation of despeckle filtering in ultrasound imaging of the carotid artery,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 52, 1653–1669 (2005).
26. C. P. Loizou, C. S. Pattichis, M. Pantziaris, T. Tyllis, and A. Nicolaides, “Quality evaluation of ultrasound imaging in the carotid artery based on normalization and speckle reduction filtering,” Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 44, 414–426 (2006).
28. F. Faita, V. Gemignani, E. Bianchini, C. Giannarelli, L. Ghiadoni, and M. Demi, “Real-time measurement system for evaluation of the carotid intima-media thickness with a robust edge operator,” J. Ultrasound Med. 27, 1353–1361 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month