No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Dosimetry concepts for scanner quality assurance and tissue dose assessment in micro-CT
1. S. K. Boyd, P. Davison, R. Muller, and J. A. Gasser, “Monitoring individual morphological changes over time in ovariectomized rats by in vivo micro-computed tomography,” Bone 39, 854–862 (2006).
2. I. K. Chun, M. H. Cho, J. H. Park, and S. Y. Lee, “In vivo trabecular thickness measurement in cancellous bones: Longitudinal rat imaging studies,” Physiol. Meas. 27, 695–702 (2006).
3. M. J. Paulus, S. S. Gleason, S. J. Kennel, P. R. Hunsicker, and D. K. Johnson, “High resolution X-ray computed tomography: an emerging tool for small animal cancer research,” Neoplasia 2, 62–70 (2000).
5. C. T. Badea, S. M. Johnston, E. Subashi, Y. Qi, L. W. Hedlund, and G. A. Johnson, “Lung perfusion imaging in small animals using 4D micro-CT at heartbeat temporal resolution,” Med. Phys. 37, 54–62 (2010).
6. F. Kiessling, S. Greschus, M. P. Lichy, M. Bock, C. Fink, S. Vosseler, J. Moll, M. M. Mueller, N. E. Fusenig, H. Traupe, and W. Semmler, “Volumetric computed tomography (VCT): a new technology for noninvasive, high-resolution monitoring of tumor angiogenesis,” Nat. Med. 10, 1133–1138 (2004).
7. W. A. Kalender, Computed Tomography: Fundamentals, System Technology, Image Quality, Applications, 3rd ed. (Publicis Publishing, Erlangen, 2011).
8. N. L. Ford, M. M. Thornton, and D. W. Holdsworth, “Fundamental image quality limits for microcomputed tomography in small animals,” Med. Phys. 30, 2869–2877 (2003).
10. S. L. Chen, L. Cai, Q. Y. Meng, S. Xu, H. Wan, and S. Z. Liu, “Low-dose whole-body irradiation (LD-WBI) changes protein expression of mouse thymocytes: Effect of a LD-WBI-enhanced protein RIP10 on cell proliferation and spontaneous or radiation-induced thymocyte apoptosis,” Toxicol. Sci. 55, 97–106 (2000).
12. S. K. Carlson, K. L. Classic, C. E. Bender, and S. J. Russell, “Small animal absorbed radiation dose from serial micro-computed tomography imaging,” Mol. Imaging Biol. 9, 78–82 (2007).
13. A. Obenaus and A. Smith, “Radiation dose in rodent tissues during micro-CT imaging,” J. X-Ray Sci. Technol. 12, 241–249 (2004).
14. R. Taschereau, P. L. Chow, and A. F. Chatziioannou, “Monte carlo simulations of dose from microCT imaging procedures in a realistic mouse phantom,” Med. Phys. 33, 216–224 (2006).
15. I. Willekens, N. Buls, T. Lahoutte, L. Baeyens, C. Vanhove, V. Caveliers, R. Deklerck, A. Bossuyt, and J. de Mey, “Evaluation of the radiation dose in micro-CT with optimization of the scan protocol,” Contrast Media Mol. Imaging 5, 201–207 (2010).
16. C. T. Badea, E. Bucholz, L. W. Hedlund, H. A. Rockman, and G. A. Johnson, “Imaging methods for morphological and functional phenotyping of the rodent heart,” Toxicol. Pathol. 34, 111–117 (2006).
18. J. M. Boone and J. A. Seibert, “An accurate method for computer-generating tungsten anode x-ray spectra from 30 to 140 kV,” Med. Phys. 24, 1661–1670 (1997).
19. D. M. Tucker, G. T. Barnes, and D. P. Chakraborty, “Semiempirical model for generating tungsten target x-ray spectra,” Med. Phys. 18, 211–218 (1991).
20.IEC, “Evaluation and routine testing in medical imaging departments—Part 2–6: Constancy tests—Imaging performance of computed tomography x-ray equipment (61223–2–6: 2006)” (2006).
21.IEC, “Evaluation and routine testing in medical imaging departments—Part 3–5: Acceptance tests—Imaging performance of computed tomography x-ray equipment” (2004).
22. P. Deak, M. van Straten, P. C. Shrimpton, M. Zankl, and W. A. Kalender, “Validation of a Monte Carlo tool for patient-specific dose simulations in multi-slice computed tomography,” Eur. Radiol. 18, 759–772 (2008).
23. J. Zoetelief, H. Julius, and P. Christensen, Recommendations for patient dosimetry in diagnostic radiology Using TLD (Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, European Commission, Luxembourg, 2000).
26. R. A. Rutherford, B. R. Pullan, and I. Isherwood, “Measurement of effective atomic number and electron density using an EMI scanner,” Neuroradiology 11, 15–21 (1976).
28.IEC, “Medical diagnostic x-ray equipment—Radiation conditions for use in the determination of characteristics” (2005).
29. ICRP, “Report of the task group on reference man,” ICRP Report No. 23 ICRP Publication, 1975.
30. R. L. Dixon, J. A. Anderson, D. M. Bakalyar, K. Boedeker, J. M. Boone, D. D. Cody, R. Fahrig, D. A. Jaffray, I. S. Kyprianou, C. H. McCollough, M. F. McNitt-Gray, H. T. Morgan, R. L. Morin, K. D. Nakonechny, T. J. Payne, R. J. Pizzutiello, B. T. Schmidt, A. J. Seibert, W. E. Simon, T. W. Slowey, S. H. Stern, P. Sunde, T. L. Toth, and S. Vastagh, “Comprehensive methodology for the evaluation of radiation dose in x-ray computed tomography,” AAPM Report No. 111 (2010).
31. B. Schmidt, “Dosisberechnungen für die Computertomographie,” in Berichte aus dem Institut für Medizinische Physik, edited by W. A. Kalender (Shaker Verlag, Aachen, 2001), Vol. 7.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month