No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Adaptation of a clustered lumpy background model for task-based image quality assessment in x-ray phase-contrast mammography
1. X. Wu and H. Liu, “Clinical implementation of x-ray phase-contrast imaging: Theoretical foundations and design considerations,” Med. Phys. 30, 2169–2179 (2003).
2. F. Arfelli, V. Bonvicini, A. Bravin, G. Cantatore, E. Castelli, L. D. Palma, M. D. Michiel, M. Fabrizioli, R. Longo, R. H. Menk, A. Olivo, S. Pani, D. Pontoni, P. Poropat, M. Prest, A. Rashevsky, M. Ratti, L. Rigon, G. Tromba, A. Vacchi, E. Vallazza, and F. Zanconati, “Mammography with synchrotron radiation: Phase-detection techniques,” Radiology 215, 286–293 (2000).
4. V. N. Ingal, E. A. Beliaevskaya, A. P. Brianskaya, and R. D. Merkurieva, “Phase mammography-a new technique for breast investigation,” Phys. Med. Biol. 43, 2555–2567 (1998).
5. T. Tanaka, C. Honda, S. Matsuo, K. Noma, H. Oohara, N. Nitta, S. Ota, K. Tsuchiya, Y. Sakashita, A. Yamada, M. Yamasaki, A. Furukawa, M. Takahashi, and K. Murata, “The first trial of phase contrast imaging for digital full-field mammography using a practical molybdenum X-ray tube,” Invest. Radiol. 40, 385–396 (2005).
6. E. F. Donnelly, R. R. Price, and D. R. Pickens, “Quantification of the effect of system and object parameters on edge enhancement in phase-contrast radiography,” Med. Phys. 30, 2888–2896 (2003).
7. T. E. Gureyev, Y. I. Nesterets, A. W. Stevenson, P. R. Miller, A. Pogany, and S. W. Wilkins, “Some simple rules for contrast, signal-to-noise and resolution in in-line x-ray phase-contrast imaging,” Opt. Express 16, 3223–3241 (2008).
8. S. Matsuo, T. Katafuchi, K. Tohyama, J. Morishita, K. Yamada, and H. Fujita, “Evaluation of edge effect due to phase contrast imaging for mammography,” Med. Phys. 32, 2690–2697 (2005).
9. Y. I. Nesterets, S. W. Wilkins, T. E. Gureyev, A. Pogany, and A. W. Stevenson, “On the optimization of experimental parameters for x-ray in-line phase-contrast imaging,” Rev. Sci. Instrum. 76, 093706 (2005).
10. A. Pogany, D. Gao, and S. W. Wilkins, “Contrast and resolution in imaging with a microfocus x-ray source,” Rev. Sci. Instrum. 68, 2774–2782 (1997).
12. A. Yamazaki, K. Ichikawa, and Y. Kodera, “Investigation of physical image characteristics and phenomenon of edge enhancement by phase contrast using equipment typical for mammography,” Med. Phys. 35, 5134–5150 (2008).
13. M. A. Anastasio, C.-Y. Chou, A. M. Zysk, and J. G. Brankov, “Analysis of ideal observer signal detectability in phase-contrast imaging employing linear shift-invariant optical systems,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 27, 2648–2659 (2010).
15. F. O. Bochud, C. K. Abbey, and M. P. Eckstein, “Statistical texture synthesis of mammographic images with clustered lumpy backgrounds,” Opt. Express 4, 33–43 (1999).
16. C. Castella, K. Kinkel, F. Descombes, M. P. Eckstein, P.-E. Sottas, F. R. Vercun, and F. O. Bochud, “Mammographic texture synthesis: Second-generation clustered lumpy backgrounds using a genetic algorithm,” Opt. Express 16, 7595–7607 (2008).
17. G. R. Hammerstein, D. W. Miller, D. R. White, M. E. Masterson, H. Q. Woodard, and J. S. Laughlin, “Absorbed radiation dose in mammography,” Radiology 130, 485–491 (1979).
18. International Commission on Radiological Protection, Report of the Task Group on Reference Man, Report No. 23 (Pergamon, Oxford, 1975).
19. R. L. Maughan, P. J. Chuba, A. T. Porter, E. Ben-Josef, and D. L. Lucas, “The elemental composition of tumors: Kerma data for neutrons,” Med. Phys. 24, 1241–1244 (1997).
20. I. Othman, N. M. Spyrou, J. L. Price, and N. M. Gibbs, Ultrastructure and Composition of Breast Calcification Using Electron Microscopy and Microprobe Analysis Euroanalysis III, edited by D.M. Carroll (Applied Science Publishers Ltd., London, 1979).
23. M. J. Berger, J. Hubbell, and S. M. Seltzer, “XCOM: photon cross section database NIST Standard Reference Database 8,” (1999).
24. R. W. James, The Optical Principles of the Diffraction of X-Rays (Ox Bow Press, Woodbridge, CT, 1962).
25. J. W. Goodman, Introduction to Fourier Optics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1996).
26. K. Cranley, B. J. Gilmore, G. W. A. Fogarty, and L. Desponds, “Catalogue of Diagnostic X-ray Spectra and Other Data,” IPEM Report 78 (The Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, York, United Kingdom, 1997).
27. J. M. Boone, “Glandular breast dose for monoenergetic and high-energy x-ray beams: Monte Carlo assessment,” Radiology 213, 23–37 (1999).
28. H. H. Barrett and K. J. Myers, “Statistical characterization of radiological images: Basic principles and recent progress,” Proc. SPIE 6510, 651002 (2007).
29. H. H. Barrett and K. J. Myers, Foundations of Image Science (Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2004).
30. A. H. Baydush, D. M. Catarious, C. K. Abbey, and C. E. Floyd, “Computer aided detection of masses in mammography using subregion Hotelling observers,” Med. Phys. 30, 1781–1787 (2003).
31. T. Morita, M. Yamada, A. Kano, S. Nagatsuka, C. Honda, and T. Endo, “A comparison between film-screen mammography and full-field digital mammography utilizing phase contrast technology in breast cancer screening programs,” Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. 5116, 48–54 (2008).
32. J. M. Boone and J. A. Seibert, “An analytical model of the scattered radiation distribution in diagnostic radiology,” Med. Phys. 15, 721–725 (1988).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month