No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Water-equivalent path length calibration of a prototype proton CT scanner
1. A. M. Cormack, “Representation of a function by its line integrals, with some radiological applications,” J. Appl. Phys. 34, 2722–2727 (1963).
4. K. M. Hanson, J. N. Bradbury, I. M. Cannon, R. L. Hutson, D. B. Laubacher, R. J. Macek, M. A. Paciotti, and C. A. Taylor, “Computed tomography using proton energy loss,” Phys. Med. Biol. 26, 965–983 (1981).
5. P. Zygmanski, K. P. Gall, M. S. Z. Rabin, and S. J. Rosenthal, “The measurement of proton stopping power using proton-cone-beam computed tomography,” Phys. Med. Biol. 45, 511–528 (2000).
6. H. F.-W. Sadrozinski, V. Bashkirov, M. Bruzzi, L. R. Johnson, B. Keeney, G. Ross, R. W. Schulte, A. Seiden, K. Shahnazi, D. C. Williams, and L. Zhang, “Issues in proton computed tomography,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 511, 275–281 (2003).
7. H. F.-W. Sadrozinski, V. Bashkirov, B. Keeney, L. R. Johnson, S. G. Peggs, G. Ross, T. Satogata, R. W. M. Schulte, A. Seiden, K. Shanazi, and D. C. Williams, “Toward proton computed tomography,” IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 51, 3–9 (2004).
8. R. W. Schulte, V. Bashkirov, T. Li, Z. Liang, K. Mueller, J. Heimann, L. R. Johnson, B. Keeney, H. F.-W. Sadrozinski, A. Seiden, D. C. Williams, L. Zhang, Z. Li, S. Peggs, T. Satogata, and C. Woody, “Conceptual design of a proton computed tomography system for applications in proton radiation therapy,” IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 51, 866–872 (2004).
10. V. A. Bashkirov, R. W. Schulte, S. N. Penfold, and A. B. Rosenfeld, “Proton computed tomography: Update on current status,” 2007 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (Honolulu, Hawaii, 2007), Vol. 6, pp. 4685–4688.
12. J. Missaghian, R. F. Hurley, V. Bashkirov, B. Colby, V. Rykalin, S. Kachigiun, D. Fusi, R. Schulte, F. M. Mckinney, H. Sadrozinski, and S. Penfold, “Beam test results of a CsI calorimeter matrix element,” J. Instrum 5, 6001 (2010).
13. S. N. Penfold, A. B. Rosenfeld, R. W. Schulte, and H.-F. W. Sadrozinksi, “Geometrical optimization of a particle tracking system for proton computed tomography,” Radiat. Meas. 46, 2069–2072 (2011).
14. T. Li, Z. Liang, J. V. Singanallur, T. J. Satogata, D. C. Williams, and R. W. Schulte, “Reconstruction for proton computed tomography by tracing proton trajectories, A Monte Carlo study,” Med. Phys. 33, 699–706 (2006).
15. R. W. Schulte, S. N. Penfold, J. T. Tafas, and K. E. Schubert, “A maximum probability proton path formalism for application in proton computed tomography,” Med. Phys. 35, 4849–4856 (2008).
16. S. N. Penfold, A. B. Rosenfeld, R. W. Schulte, and K. E. Schubert, “A more accurate reconstruction system matrix for quantitative proton computed tomography,” Med. Phys. 36, 4511–4518 (2009).
17. S. N. Penfold, R. W. Schulte, Y. Censor, and A. B. Rosenfeld, “Total variation superiorization schemes in proton computed tomography image reconstruction,” Med. Phys. 37, 5887–5895 (2010).
18. S. N. Penfold, “Image reconstruction and Monte Carlo simulations in the development of proton computed tomography for applications in proton radiation therapy,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Wollongong, 2010).
19. U. Schneider and E. Pedroni, “Proton radiography as a tool for quality control in proton therapy,” Med. Phys. 22, 353–363 (1995).
20. B. Han B, X. G. Xu, and G. T. Chen, “Proton radiography and fluoroscopy of lung tumors: A Monte Carlo study using patient-specific 4DCT phantoms,” Med. Phys. 38, 1903–1911 (2011).
21. P. Pemler, J. Besserer, J. De Boer, M. Dellert, C. Gahn, M. Moosburger, U. Schneider, E. Pedroni, and H. Stäuble, “A detector system for proton radiography on the gantry of the Paul Scherrer Institute,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 432, 483–495 (1999).
22. U. Schneider, J. Besserer, P. Pemler, M. Dellert, M. Moosburger, E. Pedroni, and B. Kaser-Hotz, “First proton radiography of an animal patient,” Med. Phys. 31, 1046–1051 (2004).
24. V. Sipala, M. Bruzzi, M. Bucciolini, G. Candiano, L. Capineri, G. A. P. Cirrone, C. Civinini, G. Cuttone, D. Lo Presti, L. Marrazzo, E. Mazzaglia, D. Menichelli, N. Randazzo, C. Talamonti, and S. Valentini, “A proton imaging device: Design and status of realization,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 612, 566–570 (2010).
25. J. Seco and N. Depauw, “Proof of principle study of the use of a CMOS active pixel sensor for proton radiography,” Med. Phys. 38, 622–623 (2011).
28. G. T. Herman, Fundamentals of Computerized Tomography: Image Reconstruction from Projections, 2nd ed. (Springer, New York, 2009).
29. G. Coutrakon, J. Hubbard, P. Koss, E. Sanders, and M. Panchal, “Beam Optics for a Scanned Proton Beam at Loma Linda University Medical Center,” Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on the Application of Accelerators in Research and Industry, American Institute of Physics (Denton, Texas, 2003), Vol. 680, pp. 1116–1120.
30. International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU), “Prescribing, recording, and reporting proton beam therapy,” ICRU Report No. 78 (Journal of ICRU, 2007).
33. B. Gottschalk, “Comments on ‘Calculation of water equivalent thickness of materials of arbitrary density, elemental composition, and thickness in proton beam irradiation,’” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 129–130 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month