No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
X-ray spectral measurements for tungsten-anode from 20 to 49 kVp on a digital breast tomosynthesis system
2. G. Ullman, M. Sandborg, D. R. Dance, M. Yaffe, and G. A. Carlsson, “A search for optimal x-ray spectra in iodine contrast media mammography,” Phys. Med. Biol. 50, 3143–3152 (2005).
3. P. Bernhardt, T. Mertelmeier, and M. Hoheisel, “X-ray spectrum optimization of full-field digital mammography: Simulation and phantom study,” Med. Phys. 33, 4337–4349 (2006).
4. N. T. Ranger, J. Y. Lo, and E. Samei, “A technique optimization protocol and the potential for dose reduction in digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 37, 962–969 (2010).
5. A.-K. Carton, C. Ullberg, K. Lindman, R. Acciavatti, T. Francke, and A. D. A. Maidment, “Optimization of a dual-energy contrast-enhanced technique for a photon-counting digital breast tomosynthesis system: I. A theoretical model,” Med. Phys. 37, 5896–5907 (2010).
6. A.-K. Carton, C. Ullberg, and A. D. A. Maidment, “Optimization of a dual-energy contrast-enhanced technique for a photon-counting digital breast tomosynthesis system: II. An experimental validation,” Med. Phys. 37, 5908–5913 (2010).
7. E. Samei and R. S. Saunders, Jr., “Dual-energy contrast-enhanced breast tomosynthesis: Optimization of beam quality for dose and image quality,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 6359–6378 (2011).
8. S. Vedantham, A. Karellas, and S. Suryanarayanan, “Attenuation characteristics of fiberoptic plates for digital mammography and other x-ray imaging applications,” J. X-Ray Sci. Technol. 11, 219–230 (2003).
9. J. Robert S. Saunders, E. Samei, J. L. Jesneck, and J. Y. Lo, “Physical characterization of a prototype selenium-based full field digital mammography detector,” Med. Phys. 32, 588–599 (2005).
10. B. Lazzari, G. Belli, C. Gori, and M. R. D. Turco, “Physical characteristics of five clinical systems for digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 34, 2730–2743 (2007).
12. X. Wu, G. T. Barnes, and D. M. Tucker, “Spectral dependence of glandular tissue dose in screen-film mammography,” Radiology 179, 143–148 (1991).
13. J. M. Boone, “Glandular breast dose for monoenergetic and high-energy x-ray beams: Monte Carlo assessment,” Radiology 213, 23–37 (1999).
14. J. M. Boone, “Normalized glandular dose (DgN) coefficients for arbitrary x-ray spectra in mammography: Computer-fit values of Monte Carlo derived data,” Med. Phys. 29, 869–875 (2002).
15. I. Sechopoulos, S. Suryanarayanan, S. Vedantham, C. D’Orsi, and A. Karellas, “Computation of the glandular radiation dose in digital tomosynthesis of the breast,” Med. Phys. 34, 221–232 (2007).
16. D. R. Dance, K. C. Young, and R. E. van Engen, “Estimation of mean glandular dose for breast tomosynthesis: Factors for use with the UK, European and IAEA breast dosimetry protocols,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 453–471 (2011).
17. J. Kaufhold, J. A. Thomas, J. W. Eberhard, C. E. Galbo, and D. E. G. Trotter, “A calibration approach to glandular tissue composition estimation in digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 29, 1867–1880 (2002).
19. J. L. Ducote and S. Molloi, “Quantification of breast density with dual energy mammography: An experimental feasibility study,” Med. Phys. 37, 793–801 (2010).
20. J. M. Lewin and L. Niklason, “Advanced applications of digital mammography: Tomosynthesis and contrast-enhanced digital mammography,” Semin. Roentgenol. 42, 243–252 (2007).
22. A. D. Laidevant, S. Malkov, C. I. Flowers, K. Kerlikowske, and J. A. Shepherd, “Compositional breast imaging using a dual-energy mammography protocol,” Med. Phys. 37, 164–174 (2010).
23. J. M. Boone, T. R. Fewell, and R. J. Jennings, “Molybdenum, rhodium, and tungsten anode spectral models using interpolating polynomials with application to mammography,” Med. Phys. 24, 1863–1874 (1997).
24. J. M. Boone and J. A. Seibert, “An accurate method for computer-generating tungsten anode x-ray spectra from 30 to 140 kv,” Med. Phys. 24, 1661–1670 (1997).
25. T. R. Fewell and R. E. Shuping, Handbook of Mammographic X-Ray Spectra (HEW, Rockville, MD, 1978).
26. J. T. Bushberg, J. A. Seibert, E. M. Leidholdt, Jr., and J. M. Boone, The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging, 2nd ed. (Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2002), pp. 97–144.
27. B. Ren, C. Ruth, J. Stein, A. Smith, I. Shaw, and Z. Jing, “Design and performance of the prototype full field breast tomosynthesis system with selenium based flat panel detector,” Proc. SPIE 5745, 550–561 (2005).
31. E. D. Castro, R. Pani, R. Pellegrini, and C. Bacci, “The use of cadmium telluride detectors for the qualitative analysis of diagnostic x-ray spectra,” Phys. Med. Biol. 29, 1117–11131 (1984).
32. K. Maeda, M. Matsumoto, and A. Taniguchi, “Compton-scattering measurement of diagnostic x-ray spectrum using high-resolution schottky cdte detector,” Med. Phys. 32, 1542–1547 (2005).
33. R. Redus, J. Pantazis, T. Pantazis, A. Huber, and B. Cross, “Characterization of CdTe detectors for quantitative x-ray spectroscopy,” IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 56, 2524–2532 (2009).
34. Handbook of X-Ray Spectrometry, 2nd ed., edited by R. E. V. Grieken and A. A. Markowicz (Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, NY, 2002).
37. M. Berger
, J. Hubbell
, S. Seltzer
, J. Chang
, J. Coursey
, R. Sukumar
, D. Zucker
, and K. Olsen
, “XCOM: Photon Cross Sections Database,” Radiation and Biomolecular Physics Division, PML, National Institute of Standards and Technology (available URL: http://www.nist.gov/pml/data/xcom/index.cfm
). Last accessed December 9, 2011
38. J. H. Hubbell
and S. M. Seltzer
, Tables of X-Ray Mass Attenuation Coefficients and Mass Energy-Absorption Coefficients from 1 keV to 20 MeV for Elements Z = 1 to 92 and 48 Additional Substances of Dosimetric Interest
(National Institute of Standards and Technology, http://www.nist.gov/pml/data/xraycoef/index.cfm
39. D. Zhang, X. Wu, M. Wong, Y. Ni, J. Rong, W. R. Chen, and H. Liu, “Error analysis in the measurement of x-ray photon fluence: An analysis on the uncertainty from energy calibration,” Proc. SPIE 7176, 71760I (2009).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month