No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Coagulation of human prostate volumes with MRI-controlled transurethral ultrasound therapy: Results in gel phantoms
3. K. K. Hodge, J. E. McNeal, and T. A. Stamey, “Ultrasound guided transrectal core biopsies of the palpably abnormal prostate,” J. Urol. 142, 66–70 (1989).
5. L. Potosky, W. W. Davis, R. M. Hoffman, J. L. Stanford, R. A. Stephenson, D. F. Penson, and L. C. Harlan, “Five-year outcomes after prostatectomy or radiotherapy for prostate cancer: The prostate cancer outcomes study,” J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 96, 1358–1367 (2004).
6. H. U. Ahmed, C. Moore, and M. Emberton, “Minimally invasive technologies in uro-oncology: The role of cryotherapy, HIFU and photodynamic therapy in whole gland and focal therapy of localised prostate cancer,” Surg. Oncol. 18, 219–232 (2009).
7. H. Holmberg, P. Carlsson, O. Lofman, and E. Varenhorst, “Economic evaluation of screening for prostate cancer: A randomized population based programme during a 10-year period in Sweden,” Health Policy 45, 133–147 (1998).
8. F. J. Murat, L. Poissonnier, G. Pasticier, and A. Gelet, “High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for prostate cancer,” Cancer Control 14, 244–249 (2007).
10. J. Y. Chapelon, M. Ribault, A. Birer, F. Vernier, R. Souchon, and A. Gelet, “Treatment of localised prostate cancer with transrectal high intensity focused ultrasound,” Eur. J. Ultrasound 9, 31–33 (1999).
11. S. Crouzet, F. J. Murat, G. Pasticier, P. Cassier, J. Y. Chapelon, and A. Gelet, “High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for prostate cancer: Current clinical status, outcomes and future perspectives,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 26, 796–803 (2010).
12. S. Crouzet, X. Rebillard, D. Chevallier, P. Rischmann, G. Pasticier, G. Garcia, O. Rouviere, J. Y. Chapelon, and A. Gelet, “Multicentric oncologic outcomes of high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancer in 803 patients,” Eur. Urol. 58, 559–566 (2010).
13. A. Gelet, J. Y. Chapelon, R. Bouviera, O. Rouvière, D. Lyonneta, and J. M. Dubernarda, “Transrectal high intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of localized prostate cancer: Factors influencing the outcome,” Eur. Urol. 40, 124–129 (2001).
14. T. Uchida, S. Shoji, M. Nakano, S. Hongo, M. Nitta, A. Murota, and Y. Nagata, “Transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of localized prostate cancer: Eight-year experience,” Int. J. Urol. 16, 881–886 (2009).
15. R. Chopra, M. Burtnyk, M. A. Haider, and M. J. Bronskill, “Method for MRI-guided conformal thermal therapy of prostate with planar transurethral ultrasound heating applicators,” Phys. Med. Biol. 50, 4957–4975 (2005).
16. C. J. Diederich and E. C. Burdette, “Transurethral ultrasound array for prostate thermal therapy: Initial studies,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 43, 1011–1022 (1996).
17. A. Gelet, J. Y. Chapelon, J. Margonari, Y. Theillere, F. Gorry, R. Souchon, and R. Bouvier, “High-intensity focused ultrasound experimentation on human benign prostatic hypertrophy,” Eur. Urol. 23, 44–47 (1993).
18. E. B. Hutchinson and K. Hynynen, “Intracavitary ultrasound phased arrays for prostate thermal therapies: MRI compatibility and in vivo testing,” Med. Phys. 25, 2392–2399 (1998).
20. A. Sciarra, J. Barentsz, A. Bjartell, J. Eastham, H. Hricak, V. Panebianco, and J. A. Witjes, “Advances in magnetic resonance imaging: How they are changing the management of prostate cancer,” Eur. Urol. 59, 962–977 (2011).
21. M. Seitz, A. Shukla-Dave, A. Bjartell, K. Touijer, A. Sciarra, P. J. Bastian, C. Stief, H. Hricak, and A. Graser, “Functional magnetic resonance imaging in prostate cancer,” Eur. Urol. 55, 801–814 (2009).
23. Y. Ishihara, A. Calderon, H. Watanabe, K. Okamoto, Y. Suzuki, and K. Kuroda, “A precise and fast temperature mapping using water proton chemical shift,” Magn. Reson. Med. 34, 814–823 (1995).
24. K. Hynynen, W. R. Freund, H. E. Cline, A. H. Chung, R. D. Watkins, J. P. Vetro, and F. A. Jolesz, “A clinical, noninvasive, MR imaging-monitored ultrasound surgery method,” Radiographics 16, 185–195 (1996).
25. J. R. MacFall, D. M. Prescott, H. C. Charles, and T. V. Samulski, “1H MRI phase thermometry in vivo in canine brain, muscle, and tumor tissue,” Med. Phys. 23, 1775–1782 (1996).
26. T. Kahn, T. Harth, J. C. W. Kiwit, H. J. Schwarzmaier, C. Wald, and U. Modder, “In vivo MRI thermometry using a phase-sensitive sequence: Preliminary experience during MRI-guided laser-induced interstitial thermotherapy of brain tumors,” J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 8, 160–164 (1998).
27. P. E. Huber, J. W. Jenne, R. Rastert, I. Simiantonakis, H. P. Sinn, H. J. Strittmatter, D. von Fournier, M. F. Wannenmacher, and J. Debus, “A new noninvasive approach in breast cancer therapy using magnetic resonance imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery,” Cancer Res. 61, 8441–8447 (2001).
28. K. Hynynen, O. Pomeroy, D. N. Smith, P. E. Huber, N. J. McDannold, J. Kettenbach, J. Baum, S. Singer, and F. A. Jolesz, “MR imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery of fibroadenomas in the breast: A feasibility study,” Radiology 219, 176–185 (2001).
29. C. M. Tempany, E. A. Stewart, N. McDannold, B. J. Quade, F. A. Jolesz, and K. Hynynen, “MR imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery of uterine leiomyomas: A feasibility study,” Radiology 226, 897–905 (2003).
30. D. Melodelima, R. Salomir, C. Mougenot, F. Prat, Y. Theillère, C. Moonen, and D. Cathignol, “Intraluminal ultrasound applicator compatible with MRI “real-time” temperature mapping for the treatment of oesophageal tumours: An ex vivo study,” Med. Phys. 31, 236–244 (2004).
31. C. Mougenot, R. Salomir, J. Palussière, N. Grenier, and T. W. Moonen, “Automatic spatial and temporal temperature control for MR-guided focused ultrasound using fast 3D MR thermometry and multispiral trajectory of the focal point,” Magn. Reson. Med. 52, 1005–1015 (2004).
32. R. Chopra, N. Baker, V. Choy, A. Boyes, K. Tang, D. Bradwell, and M. J. Bronskill, “MRI-compatible transurethral ultrasound system for the treatment of localized prostate cancer using rotational control,” Med. Phys. 35, 1346–1357 (2008).
33. R. Chopra, C. Luginbuhl, A. J. Weymouth, F. S. Foster, and M. J. Bronskill, “Interstitial ultrasound heating applicator for MR-guided thermal therapy,” Phys. Med. Biol. 46, 3133–3145 (2001).
34. K. Tang, V. Choy, R. Chopra, and M. J. Bronskill, “Conformal thermal therapy using planar ultrasound transducers and adaptive closed-loop MR temperature control: Demonstration in gel phantoms and ex vivo tissues,” Phys. Med. Biol. 52, 2905–2919 (2007).
35. M. Burtnyk, R. Chopra, and M. J. Bronskill, “Quantitative analysis of 3-D conformal MRI-guided transurethral ultrasound therapy of the prostate: Theoretical simulations,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 25, 116–131 (2009).
36. M. Burtnyk, W. A. N’Djin, I. Kobelevskiy, M. Bronskill, and R. Chopra, “3D conformal MRI-controlled transurethral ultrasound prostate therapy: Validation of numerical simulations and demonstration in tissue-mimicking gel phantoms,” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 6817–6839 (2010).
37. K. Siddiqui, R. Chopra, S. Vedula, L. Sugar, M. Haider, A. Boyes, M. Musquera, M. Bronskill, and L. Klotz, “MRI-guided transurethral ultrasound therapy of the prostate gland using real-time thermal mapping: initial studies,” Urology 76, 1506–1511 (2010).
38. W. A. N’Djin, M. Burtnyk, M. Bronskill, and R. Chopra, “Investigation of power and frequency for 3D conformal MRI-controlled transurethral ultrasound therapy with a dual frequency multi-element transducer,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 28, 87–104 (2012).
39. A. B. Ross, C. J. Diederich, W. H. Nau, H. Gill, D. M. Bouley, B. Daniel, V. Rieke, R. K. Butts, and G. Sommer, “Highly directional transurethral ultrasound applicators with rotational control for MRI-guided prostatic thermal therapy,” Phys. Med. Biol. 49, 189–204 (2004).
40. R. Chopra et al., “Preliminary clinical experience using MRI-controlled transurethral ultrasound therapy for conformal thermal therapy of prostate tissue,” Radiology (in press).
42. F. Duck, Physical Properties of Tissue: A Comprehensive Reference Book (Academic, London, 1990).
43. M. Burtnyk, R. Chopra, and M. Bronskill, “Simulation study on the heating of the surrounding anatomy during transurethral ultrasound prostate therapy: A 3D theoretical analysis of patient safety,” Med. Phys. 37, 2862–2875 (2010).
44. M. Wiart, L. Curiel, A. Gelet, D. Lyonnet, J. Y. Chapelon, and O. Rouviere, “Inﬂuence of perfusion on high-intensity focused ultrasound prostate ablation: A ﬁrst-pass MRI study,” Magn. Reson. Med. 58, 119–127 (2007).
45. M. D. Hurwitz, I. D. Kaplan, J. L. Hansen, S. Prokopios-Davos, G. P. Topulos, K. Wishnow, J. Manola, B. A. Bornstein, and K. Hynynen, “Association of rectal toxicity with thermal dose parameters in treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer with radiation and hyperthermia,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 53, 913–918 (2002).
46. D. J. Li, S. L. Qiu, and S. L. Zhou, “Late heat damage in normal swine rectum: A comparison of thermosensitivity of rectum and oesophagus,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 5, 717–724 (1989).
47. J. H. Wootton, A. B. Ross, and C. J. Diederich, “Prostate thermal therapy with high intensity transurethral ultrasound: The impact of pelvic bone heating on treatment delivery,” Int. J. Hyperthermia 23, 609–622 (2007).
48. M. Ichihara, K. Sasaki, S. I. Umemura, M. Kushima, and T. Okai, “Blood flow occlusion via ultrasound image-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound and its effect on tissue perfusion,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 33, 452–459 (2007).
49. W. A. N’Djin, D. Melodelima, F. Schenone, M. Rivoire, and J. Y. Chapelon, “Assisted hepatic resection using a toroidal HIFU device: An in vivo comparative study in pig,” Med. Phys. 38, 1769–1778 (2011).
51. C. Mougenot, B. Quesson, B. D. de Senneville, P. L. de Oliveira, S. Sprinkhuizen, J. Palussière, N. Grenier, and C. T. W. Moonen, “Three-dimensional spatial and temporal temperature control with MR thermometry-guided focused ultrasound (MRgHIFU),” Magn. Reson. Med. 61, 603–614 (2009).
52. B. Quesson, C. Laurent, G. Maclair, B. D. de Senneville, C. Mougenot, M. Ries, T. Carteret, A. Rullier, and C. T. W. Moonen, “Real-time volumetric MRI thermometry of focused ultrasound ablation in vivo: A feasibility study in pig liver and kidney,” NMR Biomed. 24, 145–153 (2011).
53. R. J. Stafford, R. E. Price, C. J. Diederich, M. Kangasniemi, L. E. Olsson, and J. D. Hazle, “Interleaved echo-planar imaging for fast multiplanar magnetic resonance temperature imaging of ultrasound thermal ablation therapy,” J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 20, 706–714 (2004).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month