No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Biological effect of dose distortion by fiducial markers in spot-scanning proton therapy with a limited number of fields: A simulation study
1. H. Shirato, S. Shimizu, T. Kunieda, K. Kitamura, M. van Herk, K. Kagei, T. Nishioka, S. Hashimoto, K. Fujita, H. Aoyama, K. Tsuchiya, K. Kudo, and K. Miyasaka,“Physical aspects of a real-time tumor-tracking system for gated radiotherapy,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 48, 1187–1195 (2000).
2. D. Litzenberg, J. Balter, S. Hadley, H. Sandler, T. Willoughby, P. Kupelian, and L. Levine, “Influence of intrafraction motion on margins for prostate radiotherapy,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 65, 548–553 (2006).
3. S. Shimizu, Y. Osaka, N. Shinohara, A. Sazawa, K. Nishioka, R. Suzuki, R. Onimaru, and H. Shirato, “Use of implanted markers and interportal adjustment with real-time tracking radiotherapy system to reduce intrafraction prostate motion,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 81, 393–399 (2011) and the references therein.
4. N. Mendenhall, Z. Li, B. Hoppe, R. Marcus Jr., W. Mendenhall, R. Nichols, C. Morris, C. Williams, J. Costa, and R. Henderson, “Early outcomes from three prospective trials of image-guided proton therapy for prostate cancer,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 82, 213–221 (2012).
5. W. Newhauser, J. Fontenot, N. Koch, L. Dong, A. Lee, Y. Zheng, L. Waters, and R. Mohan, “Monte Carlo simulations of the dosimetric impact of radiopaque fiducial markers for proton radiotherapy of the prostate,” Phys. Med. Biol. 52, 2937–2952 (2007).
6. W. Newhauser, N. Koch, J. Fontenot, S. Rosenthal, S. Gombos, M. Fitzek, and R. Mohan, “Dosimetric impact of tantalum markers used in the treatment of uveal melanoma with proton beam therapy,” Phys. Med. Biol. 52, 3979–3990 (2007).
7. A. Giebeler, J. Fontenot, P. Balter, G. Ciangaru, R. Zhu, and W. Newhauser, “Dose perturbations from implanted helical gold markers in proton therapy of prostate cancer,” J. Appl. Clin. Med. Phys. 10, 63–70 (2009).
8. J. Cheung, R. Kudchadker, R. Zhu, A. Lee, and W. Newhauser, “Dose perturbations and image artifacts caused by carbon-coated ceramic and stainless steel fiducials used in proton therapy for prostate cancer,” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 7135–7147 (2010).
9. Y. Lim, J. Kwak, D. Kim, D. Shin, M. Yoon, S. Park, J. Kim, S. Ahn, J. Shin, S. Lee, S. Park, H. Pyo, D. Kim, and K. Cho, “Microscopic gold particle-based fiducial markers for proton therapy of prostate cancer,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 74, 1609–1616 (2009).
10. M. Zhang, L. Levinson, S. Goyal, N. Yue, and X. Mo, “On the use of multiple beam angles to minimize the impact of high density fiducial markers in the prostate proton radiotherapy,” Med. Phys. 38, 3649 (2011).
11. X. Zhu, N. Sahoo, X. Zhang, D. Robertson, H. Li, S. Choi, A. Lee, and M. T. Gillin, “Intensity modulated proton therapy treatment planning using single-field optimization: The impact of monitor unit constraints on plan quality,” Med. Phys. 37, 1210–1219 (2010).
14. S. Levegrün, A. Jackson, M. Zelefsky, M. Skwarchuk, E. Venkatraman, W. Schlegel, Z. Fuks, S. Leibel, and C. Ling, “Fitting tumor control probability models to biopsy outcome after three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy of prostate cancer: Pitfalls in deducing radiobiologic parameters for tumors from clinical data,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 51, 1064–1080 (2001).
16. K. Nihei, T. Ogino, M. Onozawa, S. Murayama, H. Fuji, M. Murakami, and Y. Hishikawa, “Multi-institutional phase II study of proton beam therapy for organ-confined prostate cancer focusing on the incidence of late rectal toxicities,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 81, 390–396 (2010).
18. J. Slater, C. Rossi, L. Yonemoto, N. Reyes-Molyneaux, D. Bush, J. Antoine, D. Miller, S. Teichman, and J. Slater, “Conformal proton therapy for early-stage prostate cancer,” Urology 53, 978–984 (1999).
19. A. Niemierko and M. Goitein, “Implementation of a model for estimating tumor control probability for an inhomogeneously irradiated tumor,” Radiother. Oncol. 29, 140–147 (1993).
20. S. Webb and A Nahum, “A model for calculating tumour control probability in radiotherapy including the effects of inhomogeneous distributions of dose and clonogenic cell density,” Phys. Med. Biol. 38, 653–666 (1993).
22. R. Joemai, P. de Bruin, W. Veldkamp, and J. Geleijns, “Metal artifact reduction for CT: Development, implementation, and clinical comparison of a generic and a scanner-specific technique,” Med. Phys. 39, 1125–1132 (2012).
23. Y. Zhang, L. Zhang, X. Zhu, A. Lee, M. Chambers, and L. Dong, “Reducing metal artifacts in cone-beam CT images by preprocessing projection data,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 67, 924–932 (2007).
24. W. Song, B. Schaly, G. Bauman, J. Battista, and J. Van Dyk, “Evaluation of image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) technologies and their impact on the outcome of hypofractionated prostate cancer treatments: A radiobiological analysis,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 64, 289–300 (2006).
27. T. Aso, A. Kimura, S. Tanaka, H. Yoshida, N. Kanematsu, T. Sasaki, and T. Akagi, “Verification of the dose distributions with GEANT4 simulation for proton therapy,” IEEE Trans. 52, 896–902 (2005).
30. B. Bednarz, G. Chen, B. Han, A. Ding, and X. G. Xu, “Comparison of particle tracking features in Geant4 and MCNPX codes for applications in mapping of proton range uncertainty,” Nucl. Technol. 175, 2–5 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month