No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Impact of flat panel-imager veiling glare on scatter-estimation accuracy and image quality of a commercial on-board cone-beam CT imaging system
1. J. F. Williamson, B. R. Whiting, J. Benac, R. J. Murphy, G. J. Blaine, J. A. O’Sullivan, D. G. Politte, and D. L. Snyder, “Prospects for quantitative computed tomography imaging in the presence of foreign metal bodies using statistical image reconstruction,” Med. Phys. 29, 2404–2418 (2002).
2. X. Tang, R. Ning, R. Yu, and D Conover, “Cone beam volume CT image artifacts caused by defective cells in x-ray flat panel imagers and the artifact removal using a wavelet-analysis-based algorithm,” Med. Phys. 28, 812–825 (2001).
3. C. Schmidgunst, D Ritter, and E. Lang, “Calibration model of a dual gain flat panel detector for 2D and 3D x-ray imaging,” Med. Phys. 34, 3649–3664 (2007).
4. J. S. Maltz, B. Gangadharan, M. Vidal, A , Paidi, S. Bose, B. A. Faddegon, M. Aubin, O. Morin, J. Pouliot, Z. Zheng, M. M. Svatos, and A. R. Bani-Hashemi, “Focused beam-stop array for the measurement of scatter in megavoltage portal and cone beam CT imaging,” Med. Phys. 35, 2452–2462 (2008).
6. J. H. Siewerdsen, M. J. Daly, B. Bakhtiar, D. J. Moseley, S. Richard, H. Keller, and D. A. Jaffray, “A simple, direct method for x-ray scatter estimation and correction in digital radiography and cone-beam CT,” Med. Phys. 33, 187–197 (2006).
7. J. H. Siewerdsen and D. A. Jaffray, “Cone-beam computed tomography with a flat-panel imager: Effects of image lag,” Med. Phys. 26, 2635–2647 (1999).
8. J. H. Siewerdsen and D. A. Jaffray, “A ghost story: Spatio-temporal response characteristics of an indirect-detection flat-panel imager,” Med. Phys. 26, 1624–1641 (1999).
11. J. A. Seibert, O. Nalcioglu, and W. W. Roeck, “Characterization of the veiling glare PSF in x-ray image intensified fluoroscopy,” Med. Phys. 11, 172–179 (1984).
12. Y. Zhou, T. Mathur, and S. Molloi, “Scatter and veiling glare estimation based on sampled primary intensity,” Med. Phys. 26, 2301–2310 (1999).
13. J. A. Seibert, O. Nalcioglu, and W. Roeck, “Removal of image intensifier veiling glare by mathematical deconvolution techniques,” Med. Phys. 12, 281–288 (1985).
14. R. B. Benitez, R. Ning, and D. Conover, “Cone beam CT image quality measurements: PSF de-convolution” Proc. SPIE 6510, 65104Z (2007).
15. A. K. Carton, D. Vandenbroucke, L. Struye, A. D. Maidment, Y. H. Kao, M. Albert, H. Bosmans, and G. Marchal, “Validation of MTF measurement for digital mammography quality control,” Med. Phys. 32, 1684–1695 (2005).
16. E. Samei, N. T. Ranger, J. T. Dobbins III, and Y. Chen, “Intercomparison of methods for image quality characterization. I. Modulation transfer function,” Med. Phys. 33, 1454–1465 (2006).
17. A. K. Carton, R. Acciavatti, J. Kuo, and A. D. Maidment, “The effect of scatter and glare on image quality in contrast-enhanced breast imaging using an a-Si/CsI(TI) full-field flat panel detector,” Med. Phys. 36, 920–928 (2009).
19. V. N. Cooper III, J. M. Boone, J. A. Seibert, and C. J. Pellot-Barakat, “An edge spread technique for measurement of the scatter-to-primary ratio in mammography,” Med. Phys. 27, 845–853 (2000).
20. G. Poludniowski, P. M. Evans, A. Kavanagh, and S. Webb, “Removal and effects of scatter-glare in cone-beam CT with an amorphous-silicon flat-panel detector,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 1837–1851 (2011).
21. S. A. Graham, D. J. Moseley, J. H. Siewerdsen, and D. A. Jaffray, “Compensators for dose and scatter management in cone-beam computed tomography,” Med. Phys. 34, 2691–2703 (2007).
22. A. A. Beekmans, J. A. den Boer, J. W. Haarman, and B. van der Eijk, “Quality control of image intensifier in the manufactory process,” in Acceptance Testing of Radiological Imaging Equipment, edited by P.-J. P. Lin (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1982), pp. 45–52.
23. R. Birch and M. Marshall, “Computation of bremsstrahlung x-ray spectra and comparison with spectra measured with a Ge(Li) detector,” Phys. Med. Biol. 24, 505–517 (1979).
24. S. M. Seltzer, “Calculation of photon mass energy-transfer and mass energy-absorption coefficients,” Radiat. Res. 136, 147–170 (1993).
25. E. Samei, M. J. Flynn, and D. A. Reimann, “A method for measuring the presampled MTF of digital radiographic systems using an edge test device,” Med. Phys. 25, 102–113 (1998).
26. J. M. Boone and J. A. Seibert, “An analytical edge spread function model for computer fitting and subsequent calculation of the LSF and MTF,” Med. Phys. 21, 1541–1545 (1994).
27. F. F. Yin, M. L. Giger, and K. Doi, “Measurement of the presampling modulation transfer function of film digitizers using a curve fitting technique,” Med. Phys. 17, 962–966 (1990).
29. D. Lazos, D. Pokhrel, Z. Su, J. Lu, and J. F. Williamson, “Experimental validation of a Monte Carlo-based kV x-ray projection model for the Varian linac-mounted cone-beam CT imaging system,” Proc. SPIE 6913, 69133Q (2008).
30. D. Lazos and J. F. Williamson, “Monte Carlo evaluation of scatter mitigation strategies in cone-beam CT,” Med. Phys. 37, 5456–5470 (2010).
32. J. F. Williamson, “Monte Carlo simulation of photon transport phenomena,” in Monte Carlo Simulation in the Radiological Sciences, edited by R. L. Morin (CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 1988), pp. 53–102.
33. J. F. Williamson and A. S. Meigooni, “Quantitative dosimetry methods for brachytherapy,” in Brachytherapy Physics, edited by J. F. Williamson, B. R. Thomadsen, and R. Nath (Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI, 1995), pp. 87–134.
34. J. Y. Lo, C. E. Floyd, J. A. Baker Jr., and C. E. Ravin, “Scatter compensation in digital chest radiography using the posterior beam stop technique,” Med. Phys. 21, 435–443 (1994).
35. F. C. Wagner, A. Macovski, and D. G. Nishimura, “Two interpolating filters for scatter estimation,” Med. Phys. 16, 747–757 (1989).
36. N. Mail, D. J. Moseley, J. H. Siewerdsen, and D. A. Jaffray, “The influence of bowtie filtration on cone-beam CT image quality,” Med. Phys. 36, 22–32 (2009).
37. D. Zheng, J. Lu, D. Lazos, and J. F. Williamson, “Cone beam CT beam hardening and scatter preprocessing for improved image quality in image-guided adaptive radiation therapy,” Med. Phys. 35, 2989 (2008) (Abstract TH-D-351-04 presented at AAPM 2008 annual meeting).
38. L. Chen, C. C. Shaw, M. C. Altunbas, C. J. Lai, and X. Liu, “Spatial resolution properties in cone beam CT: A simulation study,” Med. Phys. 35, 724–734 (2008).
39. M. Aslund, B. Cederstrom, M. Lundqvist, and M. Danielsson, “Scatter rejection in multislit digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 33, 933–940 (2006).
40. H. Illers, E. Buhr, S. Gunther-Kohfahl, and U. Neitzel, “Measurement of the modulation transfer function of digital x-ray detectors with an opaque edge-test device,” Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 114, 214–229 (2005).
41. G. Hajdok, J. J. Battista, and I. A. Cunningham, “Fundamental x-ray interaction limits in diagnostic imaging detectors: Spatial resolution,” Med. Phys. 35, 3180–3193 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month