No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Comparison of signal to noise ratios from spatial and frequency domain formulations of nonprewhitening model observers in digital mammography
1. C. Ghetti, A. Borrini, O. Ortenzia, R. Rossi, and P. L. Ordóñez, “Physical characteristics of GE senographe essential and DS digital mammography detectors,” Med. Phys. 35, 456–463 (2008).
2. S. Rivetti, N. Lanconelli, R. Campanini, M. Bertolini, G. Borasi, A. Nitrosi, C. Danielli, L. Angelini, and S. Maggi, “Comparison of different commercial FFDM units by means of physical characterization and contrast-detail analysis,” Med. Phys. 33, 4198–4209 (2006).
3. L. M. Warren, A. Mackenzie, J. Cooke, R. M. Given-Wilson, M. G. Wallis, D. P. Chakraborty, D. R. Dance, H. Bosmans, and K. C. Young, “Effect of image quality on calcification detection in digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 39(6), 3202–3213 (2012).
4. G. Gennaro, L. Katz, H. Souchay, C. Alberelli, and C. Maggio, “Are phantoms useful for predicting the potential of dose reduction in full-field digital mammography?” Phys. Med. Biol. 50, 1851–1870 (2005).
5. W. J. Veldkamp, M. A. Thijssen, and N. Karssemeijer, “The value of scatter removal by a grid in full field digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 30, 1712–1718 (2003).
6. M. Nizam, Kh. Ng, and B. Abdullah, “Development of a randomised contrast detail digital phantom for observer detectability study,” Biomed. Imaging Interv. J. 2, e38 (2006).
7. S. Fletcher-Heath and R. van Metter, “Quantifying the performance of human and software CDMAM phantom image observers for the qualification of digital mammography systems,” Proc. SPIE 5745, 486–498 (2005).
8. R. M. Gagne, B. D. Gallas, and K. J. Myers, “Toward objective and quantitative evaluation of imaging systems using images of phantoms,” Med. Phys. 33, 83–95 (2006).
9. M. Figl, R. Hoffmann, M. Kaar, F. Semturs, N. Brasik, W. Birkfellner, P. Homolka, and J. Hummel, “Factors for conversion between human and automatic read-outs of CDMAM images,” Med. Phys. 38, 5090–5094 (2011).
10. K. Young, A. Alsager, J. Oduko, H. Bosmans, B. Verbrugge, T. Geertse, and R. van Engen, “Evaluation of software for reading images of the CDMAM test object to assess digital mammography systems,” Proc. SPIE 6913, 69131C1–69131C11 (2008).
11. R. van Engen, K. C. Young, H. Bosmans, and M. A. O. Thijssen, “The European protocol for the quality control of the physical and technical aspects of mammography screening. Part B: Digital mammography,” European Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis, 4th ed. (European Commission, Luxembourg, 2006).
13. International Commission in Radiation Units and measurements, “Medical imaging—The assessment of image quality,” ICRU Report No. 54 (ICRU Publication, Bethesda, 1996).
14. H. H. Barrett, J. Yao, J. P. Rollan, and K. J. Myers, “Model observers for assessment of image quality,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 90, 9758–9765 (1992).
15. H. Barrett and K. J. Myers, Foundation of Image Science (John Wiley And Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2004).
16. L. N. Loo, K. Doi, and C. E. Metz, “A comparison of physical image quality indices and observer performance in the radiographic detection of nylon beads,” Phys. Med. Biol. 29, 837–856 (1984).
17. A. R. Pineda and H. H. Barrett, “Figures of merit for detectors in digital radiography. I. Flat background and deterministic blurring,” Med. Phys. 31, 348–358 (2004).
18. J. A. Segui and W. Zhao, “Amorphous selenium flat panel detectors for digital mammography: Validation of a NPWE model observer with CDMAM observer performance experiments,” Med. Phys. 33, 3711–3722 (2006).
19. P. Monnin, N. W. Marshall, H. Bosmans, F. O. Bochud, and F. R. Verdun, “Image quality assessment in digital mammography: Part II. NPWE as a validated alternative for contrast detail analysis,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 4221–4238 (2011).
20. S. Suryanarayanan, A. Karellas, S. Vedantham, H. Ved, S. P. Baker, and C. J. D’Orsi, “Flat-panel digital mammography system: Contrast-detail comparison between screen-film radiographs and hard-copy images,” Radiology 225, 801–807 (2002).
21. M. L. Giger and K. Doi, “Investigation of basic imaging properties in digital radiography. 3. Effect of pixel size on SNR and threshold contrast,” Med. Phys. 12, 201–208 (1985).
22. M. B. Williams, P. U. Simoni, L. Smilowitz, M. Stanton, W. Phillips, and A. Stewart, “Analysis of the detective quantum efficiency of a developmental detector for digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 26(11), 2273–2285 (1999).
23. M. J. Tapiovaara and R. F. Wagner, “SNR and noise measurements for medical imaging: I. A practical approach based on statistical decision theory,” Phys. Med. Biol. 38, 71–92 (1993).
24. J. M. Boone and A. E. Chavez, “Comparison of x-ray cross sections for diagnostic and therapeutic medical physics,” Med. Phys. 23, 1997–2005 (1996).
25. B. Lazzari, G. Belli, C. Gori, and M. Rosselli Del Turco, “Physical characteristics of five clinical systems for digital mammography,” Med. Phys. 34, 2730–2743 (2007).
26. R. Bouwman, K. Young, B. Lazzari, V. Ravaglia, M. Broeders, and R. van Engen, “An alternative method for noise analysis using pixel variance as part of quality control procedures on digital mammography systems,” Phys. Med. Biol. 54, 6809–6822 (2009).
27. N. W. Marshall, P. Monnin, H. Bosmans, F. O. Bochud, and F. R. Verdun, “Image quality assessment in digital mammography: Part I. Technical characterization of the systems,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 4201–4220 (2011).
28. B. M. Williams, P. A. MangiaÞco, and P. U. Simoni, “Noise power spectra of images from digital mammography detectors,” Med. Phys. 26, 1279–1293 (1999).
29. F. O. Bochud, C. K. Abbey, and M. P. Eckstein, “Visual signal detection in structured backgrounds. III. Calculation of figures of merit for model observers in statistically nonstationary backgrounds,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A Opt. Image Sci. Vis. 17, 193–205 (2000).
30. W. S. Rasband
, Image, J., U. S. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, 1997–2012, see http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/
31.Standard IEC 62220-1-2, Medical Electrical Equipment—Characteristics of Digital X-Ray Imaging Devices. Part 1-2: Determination of the Detective Quantum Efficiency—Detectors Used in Mammography (IEC, 2007).
32. I. A. Cunningham and B. K. Reid, “Signal and noise in modulation transfer function determinations using the slit, wire, and edge techniques,” Med. Phys. 19, 1037–1044 (1992).
33. A. K. Carton, R. Acciavatti, J. Kuo, and A. D. Maidment, “The effect of scatter and glare on image quality in contrast-enhanced breast imaging using an a-Si/CsI(TI) full-field flat panel detector,” Med. Phys. 36, 920–928 (2009).
34. J. A. Thomas, K. Chakrabarti, R. Kaczmarek, and A. Romanyukha, “Contrast detail phantom scoring methodology,” Med. Phys. 32, 807–814 (2005).
35. R Development Core Team, R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing (R Foundation for Statistical Computing Vienna, Austria, 2010).
36. N. W. Marshall, “A comparison between objective and subjective image quality measurements for a full field digital mammography system,” Phys. Med. Biol. 51, 2441–2463 (2006).
37. K. Michielsen, J. Jacobs, N. Marshall, and H. Bosmans, “Analysis of mammography quality control results: Evidence for a change in test frequency?” International Workshop on Digital Mammography (Springer, Germany, 2010), pp. 371–372.
39. G. Hajdok and I. A. Cunningham, “Penalty on the detective quantum efficiency from off-axis incident x rays,” Proc. SPIE 5368, 109–118 (2004).
40. K. L. Myers, R. M. Gagne, and P. W. Quinn, “Effect of shift invariance and stationarity assumptions on simple detection tasks: Spatial and spatial frequency domain,” Proc. SPIE 4320, 373–380 (2001).
41. I. Reiser and R. M. Nishikawa, “Identification of simulated microcalcifications in white noise and mammographic backgrounds,” Med. Phys. 33, 2905–2911 (2006).
42. A. E. Burgess and P. F. Judy, “Signal detection in power-law noise: Effect of spectrum exponents,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A Opt. Image Sci. Vis. 24, 52–60 (2007).
44. C. Castella, M. P. Eckstein, C. K. Abbey, K. Kinkel, F. R. Verdun, R. S. Saunders, E. Samei, and F. O. Bochud, “Mass detection on mammograms: Influence of signal shape uncertainty on human and model observers,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A Opt. Image Sci. Vis. 26, 425–436 (2009).
45. A. S. Chawla, E. Samei, R. Saunders, C. Abbey, and D. Delong, “Effect of dose reduction on the detection of mammographic lesions: A mathematical observer model analysis,” Med. Phys. 34, 3385–3398 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month