No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
An ordered-subsets proximal preconditioned gradient algorithm for edge-preserving PET image reconstruction
1. J. Czernin, M. Allen-Auerbach, and H. R. Schelbert, “Improvements in cancer staging with PET/CT: Literature-based evidence as of September 2006,” J. Nucl. Med. 48, 78S–88S (2007).
4. H. Zaidi and B. H. Hasegawa, “Determination of the attenuation map in emission tomography,” J. Nucl. Med. 44, 291–315 (2003).
8. D. S. Lalush and M. Wernick, “Iterative image reconstruction,” in Emission Tomography: The Fundamentals of PET and SPECT, edited by M. Wernick and J. Aarsvold(Academic, San Diego, 2004), pp. 443–472.
9. J. A. Fessler, “Penalized weighted least-squares image reconstruction for positron emission tomography,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 13, 290–300 (1994).
10. W. C. Karl, “Regularization in image restoration and reconstruction,” in Handbook of Image and Video Processing, edited by A. Bovik (Academic, San Diego, 2000).
11. P. J. Green, “Bayesian reconstructions from emission tomography data using a modified EM algorithm,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 9, 84–93 (1990).
12. V. E. Johnson, W. H. Wong, X. Hu, and C. T. Chen, “Image restoration using Gibbs priors: Boundary modeling, treatment of blurring, and selection of hyperparameter,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 13, 413–425 (1991).
13. C. Bouman and K. Sauer, “A generalized Gaussian image model for edge-preserving MAP estimation,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. 2, 296–310 (1993).
14. S. J. Lee, A. Rangarajan, and G. Gindi, “Bayesian image reconstruction in SPECT using higher order mechanical models as priors,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 14, 669–680 (1995).
15. P. Perona and J. Malik, “Scale-space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 12, 629–639 (1990).
16. F. Catte, P.-L. Lions, J.-M. Morel, and T. Coll, “Image selective smoothing and edge detection by nonlinear diffusion,” SIAM (Soc. Ind. Appl. Math.) J. Numer. Anal. 29, 182–193 (1992).
18. P. J. Huber, Robust Statistics (Wiley, New York, 1981).
20. D. F. Yu and J. A. Fessler, “Edge-preserving tomographic reconstruction with nonlocal regularization,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 21, 159–173 (2002).
21. H. H. Feng, W. C. Karl, and D. A. Castanon, “A curve evolution approach to object-based tomographic reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. 12, 44–57 (2003).
22. A. Sawatzky, “(Nonlocal) total variation in medical imaging,” Ph.D. thesis, Westfälischen Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany, 2011, p. 215.
23. J. E. Bowsher, V. E. Johnson, T. G. Turkington, R. J. Jaszczak, C. E. Floyd, and R. E. Coleman, “Bayesian reconstruction and use of anatomical a priori information for emission tomography,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 15, 673–686 (1996).
24. G. Gindi, M. Lee, A. Rangarajan, and I. G. Zubal, “Bayesian reconstruction of functional images using anatomical information as priors,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 12, 670–680 (1993).
25. J. A. Fessler, N. H. Clinthorne, and W. L. Rogers, “Regularized emission image reconstruction using imperfect side information,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference Record, Santa Fe, NM, 1991 (IEEE, New York, 1991), Vol. 3, pp. 1991–1995.
26. K. Baete, J. Nuyts, W. Van Paesschen, P. Suetens, and P. Dupont, “Anatomical-based FDG-PET reconstruction for the detection of hypo-metabolic regions in epilepsy,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 23, 510–519 (2004).
28. K. Vunckx, A. Atre, K. Baete, A. Reilhac, C. M. Deroose, K. Van Laere, and J. Nuyts, “Evaluation of three MRI-based anatomical priors for quantitative PET brain imaging,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 31, 599–612 (2012).
29. Y. K. Dewaraja, K. F. Koral, and J. A. Fessler, “Regularized reconstruction in quantitative SPECT using CT side information from hybrid imaging,” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 2523–2539 (2010).
30. F. Bataille, C. Comtat, S. Jan, F. C. Sureau, and R. Trebossen, “Brain PET partial-volume compensation using blurred anatomical labels,” IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 54, 1606–1615 (2007).
31. S. Somayajula, E. Asma, and R. M. Leahy, “PET image reconstruction using anatomical information through mutual information based priors,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference Record, Puerto Rico, 2005 (IEEE, New York, 2005), pp. 2722–2726.
32. C. Comtat, P. E. Kinahan, J. A. Fessler, T. Beyer, D. W. Townsend, M. Defrise, and C. Michel, “Clinically feasible reconstruction of 3D whole-body PET/CT data using blurred anatomical labels,” Phys. Med. Biol. 47, 1–20 (2002).
34. T. M. Benson, B. De Man, F. Lin, and J. B. Thibault, “Block-based iterative coordinate descent,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference Record, Knoxville, 2010 (IEEE, New York, 2010), pp 2856–2859.
35. J. A. Fessler and S. D. Booth, “Conjugate-gradient preconditioning methods for shift-variant PET image reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. 8, 688–699 (1999).
36. N. H. Clinthorne et al., “Preconditioning methods for improved convergence rates in iterative reconstructions,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 12, 78–83 (1993).
37. A. H. Delaney and Y. Bresler, “A fast and accurate Fourier algorithm for iterative parallel-beam tomography,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. 5, 740–753 (1996).
38. J. Savage and K. Chen, “On multigrids for solving a class of improved total variation based staircasing reduction models,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on PDE-based Image Processing and Related Inverse Problems, Norway, 2005 (Springer, New York, 2005), pp. 60–94.
40. S. Ramani and J. A. Fessler, “A splitting-based iterative algorithm for accelerated statistical x-ray CT reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 31, 677–688 (2012).
41. J. Eckstein and D. P. Bertsekas, “On the Douglas–Rachford splitting method and the proximal point algorithm for maximal monotone operators,” Mathematical Programming 55, 293–318 (1992).
43. K. Lange, D. R. Hunter, and I. Yang, “Optimization transfer using surrogate objective functions,” J. Comput. Graph. Stat. 9, 1–20 (2000).
45. A. Beck and M. Teboulle, “Gradient-based algorithms with applications in signal recovery problems,” in Convex Optimization in Signal Processing and Communications, edited by D. Palomar and Y. Eldar (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2010), pp. 33–88.
46. W. Zuo and Z. Lin, “A generalized accelerated proximal gradient approach for total-variation-based image restoration,” IEEE Trans. Image Process. 20, 2748–2759 (2011).
47. C. A. Johnson, J. Seidel, and A. Sofer, “Interior-point methodology for 3-D PET reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 19, 271–285 (2000).
49. D. Kim and J. A. Fessler, “Accelerated ordered-subsets algorithm based on separable quadratic surrogates for regularized image reconstruction in x-ray CT,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, Valencia, Spain, 2011 (IEEE, New York, 2011), pp 1134–1137.
50. E. P. Chong and S. H. Zak, An Introduction to Optimization, 2nd ed. (Wiley, New York, 2001).
52. S. Becker, J. Bobin, and E. J. Candes, “NESTA: A fast and accurate first-order method for sparse recovery,” SIAM J. Imaging Sci. 4, 1–39 (2011).
53. J. Kiusalaas, Numerical Methods in Engineering with MATLAB, 2nd ed. (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2010).
57. F. Jacobs, E. Sundermann, B. D. Sutter, M. Christiaens, and I. Lemahieu, “A fast algorithm to calculate the exact radiological path through a pixel or voxel space,” J. Comput. Inf. Technol. 6, 89–94 (1998).
58. D. S. Lalush and B. M. W. Tsui, “A fast and stable maximum a posteriori conjugate gradient reconstruction algorithm,” Med. Phys. 22, 1273–1284 (1995).
59. T. Jensen, J. Jørgensen, P. Hansen, and S. Jensen, “Implementation of an optimal first-order method for strongly convex total variation regularization,” BIT Numer. Math. 52, 329–356 (2012).
60. W. Guo and F. Huang, “A local mutual information guided denoising technique and its application to self-calibrated partially parallel imaging,” in Proceedings of the Medical Image Computing Assisted Intervention, Part II, New York, 2008, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 5242 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2008), pp. 939–947.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month