No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Dosimetric impact of Acuros XB deterministic radiation transport algorithm for heterogeneous dose calculation in lung cancer
1. I. J. Chetty, B. Curran, J. E. Cygler, J. J. DeMarco, G. Ezzell, B. A. Faddegon, I. Kawrakow, P. J. Keall, H. Liu, C. M. C. Ma, D. W. O. Rogers, J. Seuntjens, D. Sheikh-Bagheri, and J. V. Siebers, “Report of the AAPM Task Group No. 105: Issues associated with clinical implementation of Monte Carlo-based photon and electron external beam treatment planning,” Med. Phys. 34, 4818–4853 (2007).
2. D. W. O. Rogers, B. A. Faddegon, G. X. Ding, C. M. Ma, J. We, and T. R. Mackie, “BEAM: A Monte Carlo code to simulate radiotherapy treatment units,” Med. Phys. 22, 503–524 (1995).
3. T. Han, J. K. Mikell, M. Salehpour, and F. Mourtada, “Dosimetric comparison of Acuros XB deterministic radiation transport method with Monte Carlo and model-based convolution methods in heterogeneous media,” Med. Phys. 38, 2651–2664 (2011).
4. K. Bush, I. M. Gagne, S. Zavgorodni, W. Ansbacher, and W. Beckham, “Dosimetric validation of Acuros (R) XB with Monte Carlo methods for photon dose calculations,” Med. Phys. 38, 2208–2221 (2011).
5. A. Fogliata, G. Nicolini, A. Clivio, E. Vanetti, P. Mancosu, and L. Cozzi, “Dosimetric validation of the Acuros XB advanced dose calculation algorithm: Fundamental characterization in water,” Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 1879–1904 (2011).
7. K. A. Gifford, J. L. Horton, T. A. Wareing, G. Failla, and F. Mourtada, “Comparison of a finite-element multigroup discrete-ordinates code with Monte Carlo for radiotherapy calculations,” Phys. Med. Biol. 51, 2253–2265 (2006).
8. O. N. Vassiliev, T. A. Wareing, I. M. Davis, J. McGhee, D. Barnett, J. L. Horton, K. Gifford, G. Failla, U. Titt, and F. Mourtada, “Feasibility of a multigroup deterministic solution method for three-dimensional radiotherapy dose calculations,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 72, 220–227 (2008).
9. O. N. Vassiliev, T. A. Wareing, J. McGhee, G. Failla, M. R. Salehpour, and F. Mourtada, “Validation of a new grid-based Boltzmann equation solver for dose calculation in radiotherapy with photon beams,” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 581–598 (2010).
10. K. A. Gifford, M. J. Price, J. L. Horton, T. A. Wareing, and F. Mourtada, “Optimization of deterministic transport parameters for the calculation of the dose distribution around a high dose-rate Ir-192 brachytherapy source,” Med. Phys. 35, 2279–2285 (2008).
11. A. Fogliata, G. Nicolini, A. Clivio, E. Vanetti, and L. Cozzi, “Critical appraisal of Acuros XB and anisotropic analytic algorithm dose calculation in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer treatments,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 83, 1587–1595 (2012).
12. D. S. Followill, D. R. Evans, C. Cherry, A. Molineu, G. Fisher, W. F. Hanson, and G. S. Lbbott, “Design, development, and implementation of the Radiological Physics Center's pelvis and thorax anthropomorphic quality assurance phantoms,” Med. Phys. 34, 2070–2076 (2007).
13. S. E. Davidson, R. A. Popple, G. S. Ibbott, and D. S. Followill, “Technical note: Heterogeneity dose calculation accuracy in IMRT: Study of five commercial treatment planning systems using an anthropomorphic thorax phantom,” Med. Phys. 35, 5434–5439 (2008).
14. S. E. Davidson, G. S. Ibbott, K. L. Prado, L. Dong, Z. Liao, and D. S. Followill, “Accuracy of two heterogeneity dose calculation algorithms for IMRT in treatment plans designed using an anthropomorphic thorax phantom,” Med. Phys. 34, 1850–1857 (2007).
15. T. Han, F. Mourtada, K. Kisling, J. Mikell, D. Followill, and R. Howell, “Experimental validation of deterministic Acuros XB algorithm for IMRT and VMAT dose calculations with the Radiological Physics Center's head and neck phantom,” Med. Phys. 39, 2193–2202 (2012).
16. A. Fogliata, E. Vanetti, D. Albers, C. Brink, A. Clivio, T. Knoos, G. Nicolini, and L. Cozzi, “On the dosimetric behaviour of photon dose calculation algorithms in the presence of simple geometric heterogeneities: Comparison with Monte Carlo calculations,” Phys. Med. Biol. 52, 1363–1385 (2007).
18. T. H. Kirby, W. F. Hanson, and D. A. Johnston, “Uncertainty analysis of absorbed dose calculations from thermoluminescence dosimeters,” Med. Phys. 19, 1427–1433 (1992).
19. A. Niroomand-Rad, C. R. Blackwell, B. M. Coursey, K. P. Gall, J. M. Galvin, W. L. McLaughlin, A. S. Meigooni, R. Nath, J. E. Rodgers, and C. G. Soares, “Radiochromic film dosimetry: Recommendations of AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group 55,” Med. Phys. 25, 2093–2115 (1998).
20. International Specialty Products, Gafchromic® Ebt2 Self-Developing Film for Radiotherapy Dosimetry, 2009.
21. B. Arjomandy, R. Tailor, A. Anand, N. Sahoo, M. Gillin, K. Prado, and M. Vicic, “Energy dependence and dose response of Gafchromic EBT2 film over a wide range of photon, electron, and proton beam energies,” Med. Phys. 37, 1942–1947 (2010).
22. D. A. Low, W. B. Harms, S. Mutic, and J. A. Purdy, “A technique for the quantitative evaluation of dose distributions,” Med. Phys. 25, 656–661 (1998).
23. G. A. Ezzell, J. W. Burmeister, N. Dogan, T. J. LoSasso, J. G. Mechalakos, D. Mihailidis, A. Molineu, J. R. Palta, C. R. Ramsey, B. J. Salter, J. Shi, P. Xia, N. J. Yue, and Y. Xiao, “IMRT commissioning: Multiple institution planning and dosimetry comparisons, a report from AAPM Task Group 119,” Med. Phys. 36, 5359–5373 (2009).
24. J. V. Siebers, P. J. Keall, A. E. Nahum, and R. Mohan, “Converting absorbed dose to medium to absorbed dose to water for Monte Carlo based photon beam dose calculations,” Phys. Med. Biol. 45, 983–995 (2000).
25. E. Gil, B. Clark, and J. E. Cygler, “Evaluation of dosimetric differences between dose-to-water and dose-to-medium for head and neck patients treated with electron beams,” Med. Phys. 36, 4318–4318 (2009).
26. B. R. B. Walters, R. Kramer, and I. Kawrakow, “Dose to medium versus dose to water as an estimator of dose to sensitive skeletal tissue,” Phys. Med. Biol. 55, 4535–4546 (2010).
27. N. Dogan, J. V. Siebers, and P. J. Keall, “Clinical comparison of head and neck and prostate IMRT plans using absorbed dose to medium and absorbed dose to water,” Phys. Med. Biol. 51, 4967–4980 (2006).
28. E. Sterpin, M. Tomsej, B. De Smedt, N. Reynaert, and S. Vynckier, “Monte Carlo evaluation of the AAA treatment planning algorithm in a heterogeneous multilayer phantom and IMRT clinical treatments for an Elekta SL25 linear accelerator,” Med. Phys. 34, 1665–1677 (2007).
29. G. A. Failla, T. Wareing, Y. Archambault, and S. Thompson, AcurosXB Advanced Dose Calculation for the Eclipse Treatment Planning System (Varian Medical System, Palo Alto, CA, 2010).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month