No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Brachytherapy is better than external beam therapy for partial breast irradiation
1. D. E. Wazer, S. Kaufman, L. Cuttino, T. DiPetrillo, and D. W. Arthur, “Accelerated partial breast irradiation: An analysis of variables associated with late toxicity and long-term cosmetic outcome after high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 64, 489–495 (2006).
2. C. Shah, J. V. Antonucci, J. B. Wilkinson, M. Wallace, M. Ghilezan, P. Chen, K. Lewis, C. Mitchell, and F. Vicini, “Twelve-year clinical outcomes and patterns of failure with accelerated partial breast irradiation versus whole-breast irradiation: Results of a matched-pair analysis,” Radiother. Oncol. 100, 210–214 (2011).
3. M. Mukesh, E. Harris, R. Jena, P. Evans, and C. Coles, “Relationship between irradiated breast volume and late normal tissue complications: A systematic review,” Radiother. Oncol. 104, 1–10 (2012).
5. T. J. Whelan et al., “Interim toxicity results from RAPID: A randomized trial of accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) using 3D conformal external beam radiation therapy (3D CRT),” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 85, 21–22 (2013).
6. C. Shah et al., “Cost-effectiveness of 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy and applicator-based brachytherapy in the delivery of accelerated partial breast irradiation,” Am. J. Clin. Oncol. (in press).
7. J. T. Hepel, M. Tokita, S. G. MacAusland, S. B. Evans, J. R. Hiatt, L. L. Price, T. DiPetrillo, and D. E. Wazer, “Toxicity of three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for accelerated partial breast irradiation,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 75, 1290–1296 (2009).
8. P. Y. Chen, F. A. Vicini, P. Benitez, L. L. Kestin, M. Wallace, C. Mitchell, J. Pettinga, and A. A. Martinez, “Long-term cosmetic results and toxicity after accelerated partial-breast irradiation: A method of radiation delivery by interstitial brachytherapy for the treatment of early-stage breast carcinoma,” Cancer 106, 991–999 (2006).
9. B. V. Offersen, M. Overgaard, N. Kroman, and J. Overgaard, “Accelerated partial breast irradiation as part of breast conserving therapy of early breast carcinoma: A systematic review,” Radiother. Oncol. 90, 1–13 (2009).
10. S. C. Formenti, H. Hsu, M. Fenton-Kerimian, D. Roses, A. Guth, G. Jozsef, J. D. Goldberg, and J. K. Dewyngaert, “Prone accelerated partial breast irradiation after breast-conserving surgery: Five-year results of 100 patients,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 84, 606–611 (2012).
11. O. J. Ott, G. Hildebrandt, R. Potter, J. Hammer, M. Lotter, A. Resch, R. Sauer, and V. Strnad, “Accelerated partial breast irradiation with multi-catheter brachytherapy: Local control, side effects and cosmetic outcome for 274 patients. Results of the German-Austrian multi-centre trial,” Radiother. Oncol. 82, 281–286 (2007).
12. C. Polgar, T. Major, J. Fodor, Z. Sulyok, A. Somogyi, K. Lovey, G. Nemeth, and M. Kasler, “Accelerated partial-breast irradiation using high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy: 12-year update of a prospective clinical study,” Radiother. Oncol. 94, 274–279 (2010).
13. F. Vicini, P. Beitsch, C. Quiet, M. Gittleman, V. Zannis, R. Fine, P. Whitworth, H. Kuerer, B. Haffty, M. Keisch, and M. Lyden, “Five-year analysis of treatment efficacy and cosmesis by the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial in patients treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 79, 808–817 (2011).
15. F. Azoury, S. Heymann, C. Acevedo, M. Spielmann, P. Vielh, J. R. Garbay, A. G. Taghian, H. Marsiglia, and C. Bourgier, “Phase II trial of 3D-conformal accelerated partial breast irradiation: Lessons learned from patients and physicians’ evaluation,” Radiother. Oncol. 103, 193–198 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
There is no abstract available for this article.
Full text loading...
Most read this month