No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The disadvantages of a multileaf collimator for proton radiotherapy outweigh its advantages
1. B. Gottschalk, “Multileaf collimators, air gap, lateral penumbra, and range compensation in proton radiotherapy,” Med. Phys. 38(11), i–ii (2011).
3. M. Torikoshi, S. Minohara, N. Kanematsu, M. Komori, M. Kanazawa, K. Noda, N. Miyahara, H. Itoh, M. Endo, and T. Kanai, “Irradiation system for HIMAC,” J. Radiat. Res. (Tokyo) 48, A15–A25 (2007).
4. J. Daartz, M. Bangert, M. R. Bussière, M. Engelsman, and H. M. Kooy, “Characterization of a mini-multileaf collimator in a proton beamline,” Med. Phys. 36, 1886–1894 (2009).
5. S. Safai, T. Bortfeld, and M. Engelsman, “Comparison between the lateral penumbra of collimated double-scattered beam and uncollimated scanning beam in proton radiotherapy,” Phys. Med. Biol. 53, 1729–1750 (2008).
6. R. Oozeer, A. Mazal, J. C. Rosenwald, R. Belshi, C. Nauraye, R. Ferrand, and S. Biensan, “A model for lateral penumbra in water of a 200 MeV proton beam devoted to clinical applications,” Med. Phys. 24, 1599–1604 (1997).
7. V. Moskvin, C.-W. Cheng, and I. J. Das, “Pitfalls of tungsten multileaf collimator in proton beam therapy,” Med. Phys. 38, 6395–6406 (2011).
8. V. Moskvin, C.-W. Cheng, Q. Zhao, and I. J. Das, “Comment on ‘Comparison of secondary neutron dose in proton therapy resulting from the use of a tungsten alloy MLC or a brass collimator system’,” Med. Phys. 39, 2303–2305 (2012).
9. E. S. Diffenderfer, C. G. Ainsley, M. L. Kirk, J. E. McDonough, and R. L. Maughan, “Comparison of secondary neutron dose in proton therapy resulting from the use of a tungsten alloy MLC or a brass collimator system,” Med. Phys. 38, 6248–6256 (2011).
10. E. S. Diffenderfer, C. G. Ainsley, M. L. Kirk, J. E. McDonough, and R. L. Maughan, “Reply to “Comment on ‘Comparison of secondary neutron dose in proton therapy resulting from the use of a tungsten alloy MLC or a brass collimator system”,” Med. Phys. 39, 2306–2309 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
There is no abstract available for this article.
Full text loading...
Most read this month