American Association of Physics Teachers
AAPT is a professional membership association of scientists dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. AAPT was established in 1930 with the fundamental goal of ensuring the "dissemination of knowledge of physics, particularly by way of teaching."
AAPT is a strong professional physics science society dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in physical science education.
Want to know more about AAPT's mission, history, goals, and organizational structure? Try some of the pages below for more information on the association and how to get involved!
- AAPT News- Read press releases & archived news about AAPT, topics related to physics education and AAPT members.
- Calendar of Events- See what's upcoming with AAPT programs and partner organizations.
- Mission- Read more about our goals & mission statement.
- History- How did AAPT get its start? What has been AAPT doing for over 75 years?
- Organization- View information about committees, the Executive Board, staff and more.
- Reports- Read organizational reports including financials and our annual report.
- Contact- Find out how to reach the national office, from membership to programs and beyond.