No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Elucidating Fermi's golden rule via bound-to-bound transitions in a confined hydrogen atom
1. David J. Griffiths, Introduction to Quantum Mechanics (Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1995).
2. J. J. Sakurai, Modern Quantum Mechanics (Addison-Wesley, Redwood City, CA, 1985).
3. E. Fermi, Notes on Quantum Mechanics (University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1961), p. 100.
4. P. Atkins and R. Friedman, Molecular Quantum Mechanics, 5th ed. (Oxford U.P., New York, 2011), p. 199.
5. A. F. Starace, “ Photoionization of Atoms,” in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics Handbook, edited by G. W. F. Drake (American Institute of Physics, Melville, NY, 1996), pp. 301–309.
6.Note that for more general electromagnetic wave packets, a full-time-dependent analysis is taken; see Refs. 28 and 29 for more details.
7. Richard L. Liboff, Introductory Quantum Mechanics, 4th ed. (Pearson, San Francisco, 2003).
8. B. H. Bransden and C. J. Joachain, Quantum Mechanics, 2nd ed. (Pearson, Harlow, 2000).
9. R. D. Cowan, The Theory of Atomic Structure and Spectra (Univeristy of California, Berkeley, 1981), p. 517.
10. J. Tellinghuisen, “ The Franck-Condon Principle in Bound-Free Transitions,” in Photodissociation and Photoionization, edited by K. P. Lawley (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1985), pp. 310–311.
11. M. A. Maize, M. A. Antonacci, and F. Marsiglio, “ The static electric polarizability of a particle bound by a finite potential well,” Am. J. Phys. 79(2 ), 222–225 (2011).
13. A. J. C. Varandas and L. J. A. Martins, “ On the stability of a hydrogen-like atom—The particle in a spherical box revisited,” J. Chem. Educ. 63(6 ), 485–486 (1986).
15. M. Capitelli and D. Giordano, “ Energy levels of atomic hydrogen in a closed box: A natural cutoff criterion of the electronic partition function,” Phys. Rev. A 80(3 ), 032113 (2009).
17. N. Aquino, G. Campoy, and H. E. Montgomery, “ Highly accurate solutions for the confined hydrogen atom,” Int. J. Quantum Chem. 107(7 ), 1548–1558 (2007).
18. H. A. Bethe and E. E. Salpeter, Quantum Mechanics of One- and Two-Electron Atoms (Dover Publications, Mineola, NY, 2008), p. 296.
19. P. F. Bernath, Spectra of Atoms and Molecules, 2nd ed. (Oxford U.P., New York, 2005), p. 18.
20. R. N. Zare, Angular Momentum (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1988), p. 183.
21. L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics: Non-relativistic theory, 3rd ed. (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1991), p. 16.
22. A. Burgess, “ Tables of hydrogenic photoionization cross-sections and recombination coefficients,” Mem. Roy. Astr. Soc. 69, 1–17 (1965).
23. I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Series, Products, 5th ed. (Academic Press, San Diego, 1994), p. 1085.
24. Jay. Orear, A. H. Rosenfeld, and R. A. Schluter, Nuclear Physics (University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1950).
26. T. F. Gallagher, Rydberg Atoms (Cambridge U.P., Cambridge, 1994), p. 40. Note: there is a typographical error in Eq. (4.15); the denominator should have only one factor of c.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month