No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
A role for physicists in STEM education reform
1.National Research Council, Rising above the Gathering Storm, Revisited: Rapidly approaching a Category 5 ( National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 2010).
2.National Research Council, A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas ( National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 2012).
>) is an independent nonprofit organization aimed at raising academic standards and graduation requirements to help prepare high school graduates for post-secondary success.
5.National Research Council, National Science Education Standards ( National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 1996).
7. D. Hestenes, C. Megowan-Romanowicz, S. Osborn Popp, J. Jackson, and R. Culbertson, “ A graduate program for high school physics and physical science teachers,” Am. J. Phys. 79, 971–979 (2011).
9.Glenn Commission, Before It's Too Late: A Report to the Nation from The National Commission on Mathematics and Science Teaching for the 21st Century ( U.S. Department of Education, Washington, DC, 2010).
12. L. Liang, G. Fulmer, D. Majerich, R. Clevenstine, and R. Howanski, “ The effects of a model-based physics curriculum program with a physics first approach: A causal-comparative study,” J. Sci. Educ. Technol. 21(1), 114–124 (2012).
13. M. J. O'Brien and J. R. Thompson, “ Effectiveness of ninth-grade physics in Maine: Conceptual understanding,” Phys. Teach. 47(4), 234–239 (2009).
14. J. Dye, T. Cheatham, G. Rowell, A. Barlow, and R. Carlton, “ The impact of modeling instruction within the inverted curriculum on student achievement in science,” Electron. J. Sci. Educ. 17(2), 1–19 (2013).
21. M. Gladwell, Outliers ( Little, Brown, and Company, New York, 2008).
Article metrics loading...
There is no abstract available for this article.
Full text loading...
Most read this month