No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
An Analysis of Papers on Astronomy Education in Proceedings of IAU Meetings from 1988 to 2006
1. Asher, J. W. 1976, Educational Research and Evaluation Methods, Boston: Little, Brown and Company.
2. Bailey, J. M. , Prather, E. E. , and Slater, T. F. 2004, “Reflecting on the History of Astronomy Education Research to Plan for the Future,” Advances in Space Research, 34, 2136.
3. Bailey, J. M. , and Slater, T. F. 2004a, “A Contemporary Review of K–16 Astronomy Education Research,” Highlights of Astronomy, 13, 1.
5. Batten, A. H. 2001, “Astronomy for Developing Countries,” in Proceedings of a Special Session at the IAU XXIV General Assembly (Manchester), ed. A. H. Batten, San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
6. Beillerot, J. 1991, “La recherche: essai d’analyse,” Recherche et formation, 9, 17.
7. Best, J. W. 1967, Como investigar en educación, Madrid: Ediciones Morata.
8. Bishop, J. E. 1977, “United States Astronomy Education: Past, Present, and Future,” Science Education, 61, 295.
9. Borg, W. R. , and Gall, M. D. 1989, Educational Research: An Introduction, New York: Longmans.
10. Bretones, P. S. , and Megid Neto, J. 2005, “Tendências de Teses e Dissertações Sobre Educação em Astronomia no Brasil,” Boletim da Sociedade Astronômica Brasileira, 24, 35.
11. Bretones, P. S. , Megid Neto, J. , and Canalle, J. B. G. 2006, “A Educação em Astronomia nos trabalhos das reuniões anuais da Sociedade Astronômica Brasileira,” Boletim da Sociedade Astronômica Brasileira, 26, 55.
12. Broadfoot, J. M. , and Ginns, I. S. 2005, “Astronomy Education Research Down Under,” in: Teaching and Learning Astronomy: Effective Strategies for Educators Worldwide, ed. J. M. Pasachoff and J. R. Percy, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 44.
13. Charles, C. M. 1988, Introduction to Educational Research, New York: Longmans.
14. Cohen, L. , and Manion, L. 1989, Research Methods in Education, London: Routledge.
15. Ferreira, M. S. , and Moreira, A. F. B. 2001, “A História da Disciplina Escolar Ciências nas Dissertações e Teses Brasileiras no Período 1981–1995,” Ensaio: Pesquisa em Educação em Ciências, 3, 1.
16. Fracalanza, H. 1993, “O que sabemos sobre os livros didáticos para o ensino de ciências no Brasil,” Ph.D. dissertation, Universidade Estadual de Campinas.
17. Gay, L. R. 1981, Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis & Application, Columbus: Charles E. Merril.
18. Gay, P. L. 2005, “Book Review—Teaching and Learning Astronomy, Jay M. Pasachoff and John R. Percy, Editors,” Astronomy Education Review, 4, 108.
19. Gouguenheim, L. , Mcnally, D. , and Percy, J. R. 1998, “New Trends in Astronomy Teaching,” in IAU Colloquium 162 (London), eds. L. Gouguenheim, D. Mcnally, and J. R. Percy, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
20. Hearnshaw, J. B. , and Martinez, P. 2007, “Astronomy in the Developing World,” in Proceedings of Special Session No.5 of the IAU XXVI General Assembly (Prague), eds. J. B. Hearnshaw and P. Martinez, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
21. Lemgruber, M. S. 2000, “Um Panorama da Educação em Ciências,” Educação em Foco, 5, 13.
22. Megid Neto, J. 1990, “Pesquisa em ensino de Física do 2o grau no Brasil: concepção e tratamento de problemas em teses e dissertações,” Master’s dissertation, Universidade Estadual de Campinas.
23. Megid Neto, J. 1999, “Tendências da pesquisa acadêmica sobre o ensino de Ciências no nível fundamental,” Ph.D. dissertation, Universidade Estadual de Campinas.
24. Pasachoff, J. M. , and Percy, J. R. 1990, “The Teaching of Astronomy,” in Proceedings of IAU Colloquium 105 (Williamstown), eds. J. M. Pasachoff and J. R. Percy, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
25. Pasachoff, J. M. , and Percy, J. R. 2005, “Teaching and Learning Astronomy: Effective Strategies for Educators Worldwide,” in Proceedings of a Special Session at the IAU XXV General Assembly (Sydney), eds. J. M. Pasachoff and J. R. Percy, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
26. Pasachoff, J. M. , Ros, R. M. , and Pasachoff, N. 2008, “Innovation in Astronomy Education,” in Proceedings of a Special Session at the IAU XXVI General Assembly (Prague), eds. J. M. Pasachoff, R. M. Ros, and N. Pasachoff, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
27. Slater, T. F. 2008, “The First Big Wave of Astronomy Education Research Dissertations and Some Directions for Future Research Efforts,” Astronomy Education Review, 7, 1.
28. Soares, M. B. 1989, Alfabetização no Brasil:o estado do conhecimento, Brasília: INEP/REDUC.
29. Wall, C. A. 1973, “A Review of Research Related to Astronomy Education,” School Science and Mathematics, 73, 653.
The authors analyzed 283 papers dealing with astronomy education published in the IAU proceedings from 1988 to 2006. The analysis was conducted to determine both the characteristics and trends of published research studies in order to determine whether researchers should consider taking new directions. The authors conclude that educational research requires deeper treatments dealing with epistemological questions, as well as teaching and learning processes. The authors hope that this analysis will stimulate the development of scientific investigations more appropriate to the needs of astronomy education.
Full text loading...
Most read this month