No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The Lunar Phases Project: A Mental Model-Based Observational Project for Undergraduate Nonscience Majors
2. Bailey, J. M. 2008, “Development of a Concept Inventory to Assess Students’ Understanding and Reasoning Difficulties about the Properties and Formation of Stars,” Astronomy Education Review, 6, 133.
3. Bardar, E. M. (Weeks), Prather, E. E. , Brecher, K. , and Slater, T. F. 2006, “The Need for a Light and Spectroscopy Concept Inventory for Assessing Innovations in Introductory Astronomy Survey Courses,” Astronomy Education Review, 4, 20.
4. Barder, E. M. , Prather, E. E. , Brecher, K. , and Slater, T. F. 2007, “Development and Validation of the Light and Spectroscopy Concept Inventory,” Astronomy Education Review, 5, 103.
5. Cid, X. C. , and Lopez, R. E. 2010, “The Impact of Stereo Display on Student Understanding of Phases of the Moon,” Astronomy Education Review, 9, 010105.
6. Fink, L. D. 2003, Creating Significant Learning Experiences, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
7. Glass, G. V. , and Hopkins, K. D. 1996, Statistical Methods in Education and Psychology, 3rd ed., Boston: Pearson.
8. Hake, R. R. 1998, “Interactive-engagement vs. Traditional Methods: A Six-thousand-student Survey of Mechanics Test Data for Introductory Physics Courses,” American Journal of Physics, 66, 64.
9. Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. 2000, Project Aries, Cambridge, MA: Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Charlesbridge School Division.
10. Kavanagh, C. , Agan, L. , and Sneider, C. 2005, “Learning about Phases of the Moon and Eclipses: A Guide for Teachers and Curriculum Developers,” Astronomy Education Review, 4, 19.
11. Lindell, R. 2001, “Enhancing College Students’ Understanding of Lunar Phases,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
12. Lindell, R. S. , and Olsen, J. P. 2002, “Developing the Lunar Phases Concept Inventory,” Paper Presented at the American Association of Physics Teachers Summer Meeting (Physics Education Research Conference), (Boise, Idaho).
13. Mon, M. J. , and Meyer, A. O. 2010, “Utilizing the “Mental Model Building” Instructional Methodology, Coupled with Actual Lunar Observations and Data Gathering, in Teaching the Cause and Process of the Lunar Phases,” in Science Education and Outreach: Forging a Path to the Future, ed. J. Barnes, D. A. Smith, M. G. Gibbs, and J. G. Manning, San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 431, 416.
14. National Research Council. 1996, National Science Education Standards, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
16. Prather, E. E. , Slater, T. F. , Adams, J. P. , and Brissenden, G. 2007, Lecture Tutorials for Introductory Astronomy, 2nd Ed., San Francisco: Pearson Addison-Wesley.
17. Rudolph, A. L. , Prather, E. E. , Brissenden, G. , Consiglio, D. , and Gonzaga, V. 2010, “A National Study Assessing the Teaching and Learning of Introductory Astronomy Part II: The Connection between Student Demographics and Learning,” Astronomy Education Review, 9, 010107.
18. Schneps, M. P. 1989, A Private Universe, Video. San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
19. Schmidt, D. L , Saigo, B. W. , and Stepans, J. I. 2006, Conceptual Change Model: The CCM Handbook, St. Cloud: Saiwood Publications.
20. Schmidt, D. L. , and Stepans, J. I. 2011, Models, Methods, and Strategies for a New Era: Shifting Emphasis From Teaching to Learning (in preparation).
21. Seymour, E. , Wiese, D. , Hunter, A. , and Daffinrud, S. M. 2000, “Creating a Better Mousetrap: On-line Student Assessment of their Learning Gains,” Paper Presented at Using Real-World Questions to Promote Active Learning Symposium at the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (San Francisco).
24. Sneider, C. 1986, Earth, Moon, and Stars, Rev. ed. 1998, GEMS series, Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley: University of California.
27. Urquhart, M. , Mon, M. , and Meyer, A. O. 2011, “Challenges and Strategies of Lunar Phases in Introductory Astronomy: The Use of ‘Mental Model Building’ Methodology and Scaffolding Tools in Teaching Lunar Phases,” in Cosmos in the Classroom 2010: A Hands-on Symposium on Teaching Introductory Astronomy, ed. A. Fraknoi, San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific, Section A. Astronomy Education Research, Article 9, 13 pages.
Full text loading...
Most read this month