No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
A Study of General Education Astronomy Students’ Understandings of Cosmology. Part II. Evaluating Four Conceptual Cosmology Surveys: A Classical Test Theory Approach
1. Bardar, E. M. , Prather, E. E , Brecher, K. , and Slater, T. F. 2007, “Development and Validation of the Light and Spectroscopy Concept Inventory,” Astronomy Education Review, 5, 103.
3. Cohen, J. 1968, “Weighted Kappa: Nominal Scale Agreement with Provision for Scaled Disagreement or Partial Credit,” Psychological Bulletin, 70, 213.
5. Ding, L. , Chabay, R. , Sherwood, B. , and Beichner, R. 2006, “Evaluating an Electricity and Magnetism Assessment Tool: Brief Electricity and Magnetism Assessment,” Physical Review Special Topics– Physics Education Research, 2, 010105.
6. Fleiss, J. L. , Levin, B. , and Paik, M. C. 2003, Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions, 3rd ed., Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
7. George, D. and Mallery, P. 2009, SPSS for Windows Step by Step: A Simple Guide and Reference, Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
8. Hambleton, R. K. , and Jones, R. J. 1993, “Comparison of Classical Test Theory and Item Response Theory and Their Applications to Test Development,” Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 12, 253.
10. Lord, F. M. , and Novick, M. R. 1968, Statistical Theories of Mental Test Scores, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
11. Maloney, D. P. , O’Kuma, T. L. , Hieggelke, C. J. , and van Heuvelen, A. 2001, “Surveying Students’ Conceptual Knowledge of Electricity and Magnetism,” American Journal of Physics, 69, S12.
12. McDermott, L. C. , Rosenquist, M. L. , and van Zee, E. H. , 1987, “Student Difficulties in Connecting Graphs and Physics: Examples From Kinematics,” American Journal of Physics, 55, 503.
13. Otero, V. K. , and Harlow, D. B. 2009, “Getting Started in Qualitative Physics Education Research,” in Reviews in PER Vol. 2: Getting Started in PER, ed. C. Henderson and K. A. Harper, College Park, MA: American Association of Physics Teachers, 1.
15. Thompson, B. 2003, “Understanding Reliability and Coefficient alpha, Really,” in Score Reliability, ed. B. Thompson, Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, 3.
17. Wallace, C. S. , Prather, E. E. , and Duncan, D. K. 2011a, “A Study of General Education Astronomy Students’ Understandings of Cosmology. Part I. Development and Validation of Four Conceptual Cosmology Surveys,” Astronomy Education Review, 10, 010106.
18. Wallace, C. S. , Prather, E. E. , and Duncan, D. K. 2011b, “A Study of General Education Astronomy Students’ Understandings of Cosmology. Part III. Evaluating Four Conceptual Cosmology Surveys: An Item Response Theory Approach,” Astronomy Education Review (submitted).
19. Wallace, C. S. , Prather, E. E. , and Duncan, D. K. 2011c, “A Study of General Education Astronomy Students’ Understandings of Cosmology. Part IV. Common Difficulties Students Experience with Cosmology,” Astronomy Education Review (submitted).
20. Wallace, C. S. , Prather, E. E. , and Duncan, D. K. 2011d, “A Study of General Education Astronomy Students’ Understandings of Cosmology. Part V. The Effects of a New Suite of Cosmology Lecture-Tutorials on Students’ Conceptual Knowledge,” (in preparation).
21. Wilson, M. 2005, Constructing Measures: An Item Response Modeling Approach, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Full text loading...
Most read this month