No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Improving Student Attitudes about Learning Science and Student Scientific Reasoning Skills
1. Abd-El-Khalick, F. , Waters, M. , and Le, A.-P. 2008, “Representations of Nature of Science in High School Chemistry Textbooks Over the Past Four Decades,” Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 45(7), 835.
2. Adams, W. K. , Perkins, K. K. , Podolefsky, N. S. , Dubson, M. , Finkelstein, N. D. , and Wieman, C. E. 2006, “New Instrument for Measuring Student Beliefs About Physics and Learning Physics: The Colorado Learning Attitudes About Science Survey,” Phys. Rev. ST Phys. Educ. Res., 2, 010101.
17. Bao, L. , Cai, T. , Koenig, K. , Fang, K. , Han, J. , Wang, J. , Quing, L. , Ding, L. , Cui, L. , Luo, Y. , Wang, Y. , Li, L. , and Wu, N. 2009, “Learning and Scientific Reasoning,” Science, 323(5914), 586.
3. Clough, M. P. 1997, “Strategies and Activities for Initiating and Maintaining Pressure on Students’ Naïve Views Concerning the Nature of Science,” Interchange, 28(2–3), 191.
4. Clough, M. P. , and Olson, J. K. 2004, “The Nature of Science Always Part of the Science Story,” The Science Teacher, 71(9), 28.
, and White
, B. 2001
, “The Epistemological Beliefs Assessment for Physical Science
7. Lederman, N. G. 1992, “Students’ and Teachers’ Conceptions of the Nature of Science: A Review of the Research,” Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 29(4), 331.
9. Lederman, N. G. , Abd-El-Khalick, F. , Bell, R. L. , and Schwartz, R. 2002. “Views of Nature of Science Questionnaire: Toward Valid and Meaningful Assessment of Learner’s Conceptions of Nature of Science,” Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 39(6), 497.
10. McComas, W. F. 2004, “Keys to Teaching the Nature of Science,” The Science Teacher, 71(9), 24.
11. Michaels, E. , and Bell, R. 2003, “The Nature of Science and Perceptual Frameworks,” The Science Teacher, 70(8), 36.
12. Miller, J. D. , 1989, “Scientific literacy,” in Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (San Francisco, California), 23 p.
14. National Committee on Science Education Standards and Assessment, National Research Council, and Center for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education, 1996, National Science Education Standards, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
15. Parker, L. C. , Krockover, G. H. , Lasher-Trap, S. , and Eichinger, D. C. 2008, “Ideas About the Nature of Science Held by Undergraduate Atmospheric Science Students,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 89(11), 1681.
16. Sandoval, W. A. 2003, “The Inquiry Paradox: Why Doing Science Doesn’t Necessarily Change Ideas About Science,” in Proceedings of the Sixth International Computer-Based Learning in Science Conference, eds. C. P. Constantinou and Z. C. Zacharia, 825.
18. Slater, T. , Adams, J. P. , Brissenden, G. , and Duncan, D. K. 2001, The Physics Teacher, 31, 8.
19.Stempien, J. 2007, private communication.
Full text loading...
Most read this month