No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Investigation of the photoluminescence properties of thermochemically synthesized CdS nanocrystals
5. M. Bruchez, M. Moronne, P. Gini, S. Weis, A. P. Alivisatos, Science 281, 2012 (1998).
7. Zh. Tan, F. Zhang, T. Zhu, J. J. Xu, A. Wang, J. Dixon, L. Li, Q. Zhang, S. Mohney, J. Ruzyllo Nano Lett. 7, 3803 (2007).
12. P. V. Kamat, J. Phys. Chem. C 112, 18737 (2008).
15. S. Nizamoglu, E. Mutlugun, O. Akyuz, N. K. Perkgoz, H. V. Demir, L. Liebscher, S. Sapra, N. Gaponik, A. Eychmuller, New J. Phys. 10, 023026 (2008).
18. H. S. Chen, S. J. J. Wang, C. J. Lo, J. Y. Chi, Appl. Phys. Lett. 86, 905 (2005).
30. A. Henglein, Top. Curr. Chem. 143, 115 (1988).
31. K. Murakoshi, H. Hosokawa, M. Saitoh, Y. Wada, T. Sakata, H. Mori, M. Satoh and S. Yanagida, J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans. 94, 579 (1998).
Article metrics loading...
In this work we have synthesized CdS nanocrystals with thermochemical method. CdSO4 and Na 2S2O3 were used as the precursors and thioglycolic acid (TGA) was used as capping agent molecule. The structure and optical property of the nanocrystals were characterized by means of XRD, TEM, UV-visible optical spectroscopy and photoluminescence (PL). X-ray diffraction (XRD) and TEM analyses demonstrated hexagonal phase CdS nanocrystals with an average size around 2 nm. Synthesized nanocrystals exhibited band gap of about 3.2 eV and showed a broad band emission from 400-750 nm centered at 504 nm with a (0.27, 0.39) CIE coordinate. This emission can be attributed to recombination of an electron in conduction band with a hole trapped in Cd vacancies near to the valance band of CdS. The best attained photoluminescence quantum yield of the nanocrystals was about 12%, this amount is about 20 times higher than that for thioglycerol (TG) capped CdS nanocrystals.
Full text loading...
Most read this month