No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Steady flow of micropolar fluid in a rectangular channel under transverse magnetic field with suction
1. A. C. Eringen, “Theory of micropolar fluids,” J. Math. Mech. 16, 1–18 (1966).
3. E. M. Sparrow, S. H. Lin, and Tslundgren, “Flow development in the hydro dynamic entrance region of tubes and ducts,” Phys. Fluids 7, 338–347 (1964).
4. G. Comini, S. Del Giudice, M. Strada, “Finite element analysis of laminar flow in the entrance region of ducts,” Int. J. for Numerical Methods in Engineering 5, 507–517 (1980).
5. F. Chien “Unsteady laminar incompressible flow through rectangular duct,” ZAMP 169, 351–360 (1965).
6. C. Gupta Prem, G. Sarma Ram, “Unsteady flow of viscous fluids in a porous rectangular tube,” Bull. Cal. Math. Soc. 74, 353–357 (1982).
7. E. C. Dauenhauer, J. Majdalani, “Unsteady flows in semi infinite expanding channels with wall injection,” AIAA 99, 3523 (1999).
8. H. H. S. Chu, S. W. Churchill, C. V. S. Patterson, “The effect of heater size, location, aspect ratio, and boundary conditions on two-dimensional, laminar, natural convection in rectangular channels,” J. Heat Trans. 98, 1194–1201 (1976).
10. T. K. V. Iyengar, J. V. Ramana Murthy and G. S. Bhaskara Rao, “Steady flow of incompressible micropolar fluid through a rectangular channel,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci, 77(A), 381–388 (2007).
11. T. K. V. Iyengar, J. V. Ramana Murthy, and G. S. Bhaskara Rao, “Micropolar fluid flow through a rectangular channel under periodic pressure gradient,” J. of Indian Acad. Math. 28(2), 387–407 (2006).
17. K. S. Sai and B, Nageswar Rao, “Magneto hydrodynamic flow in a rectangular duct with suction and injection,” Acta Mechanica 140, 57–64 (2000).
18. J. V. Raman Murthy and N. K. Bahali, “Steady flow of micropolar fluid through a circular pipe under a transverse magnetic field with constant suction/injection,” IJAMM 5(3), 1–10 (2009).
19. J. V. Ramana Murthy and N. K. Bahali, “Unsteady flow of micropolar fluid in a rectangular channel under a transverse magnetic field,” IJMESEA, 3 (2009).
20. Chorlton, Text book of Fluid Dynamics, Chapter 9 (CBS publishers & Distributors, Newdelhi, 2002).
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, the steady flow of an incompressible conducting micropolar fluid through a rectangular channel with uniform cross-section in the presence of a transverse magnetic field with suction and injection at the side walls is considered. Neglecting the induced magnetic and electric fields, velocity and micro-rotation vectors are obtained in terms of a Fourier series. The volumetric flow rate is calculated and the effect of micro-rotation parameter and geometric parameter, Hartmanns number on this are graphically shown and discussed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month