No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Dynamics of serrated flow in a bulk metallic glass
4. S. X. Song, X. L. Wang and T. G. Nieh, Scr. Mater. 64, 1299 (2010).
15. S. H. Strogatz, Nonlinear dynamics and chaos, MA: Perseus Books, Cambridge, 1994.
23. P. Glendinning, Stablity, Instability and Chaos: an introduction to the theory of nonlinear differential equations, Cambridge University Press, UK, 1994.
25. X. H. Xu, G. Wang, F. J. Ke and W. H. Wang, Scr. Mater. Scr. Mater. 59, 657 (2008).
27. K. Chihab, Y. Estrin, L. P. Kubin and J. Vergnol, Scr. Mater. 21, 203 (1987).
Article metrics loading...
Under compression loading, bulk metallic glasses(BMGs) irreversibly deform through shear banding manifested as a serrated flow behavior. By using a statistical analysis together with a complementary dynamical analysis of the stress-time curves during serrated flow, we characterize the distinct spatiotemporal dynamical regimes and find that the plastic dynamic behavior of a Cu50Zr45Ti5BMG changes from chaotic to self-organized critical behavior with increasing strain rate. This plastic dynamics transition with the strain rate is interpreted in the frame of the competence between the neighboring elastic strain field forming and relaxation processes.
Full text loading...
Most read this month