No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Investigation of Ge1-xSnx/Ge with high Sn composition grown at low-temperature
2. Vijay R. D’Costa, Candi S. Cook, A. G. Birdwell, Chris L. Littler, Michael Canonico, Stefan Zollner, John Kouvetakis, and José Menéndez, Phys. Rev. B, 73, 125207 (2006).
5. M. Bauer, J. Taraci, J. Tolle, A. C. G. Chizmeshya, S. Zollner, D. J. Smith, J. Menendez, C. Hu, and J. Kouvetakis, Appl. Phys. Lett. 81, 2992 (2002).
7. J. W. Matthews, A. E. Blakeslee, J. Cryst. Growth 27, 118 (1974).
11. J. Y. Tsao, Material Fundamentals of Molecular Beam Epitaxy (Academic, New York, 1993).
15. The surface diffusivity of a deposited atom depends exponentially on temperature. In comparison with the conventional high temperature growth, the diffusion length of Ge atom at low temperature is considerably smaller. [see C. W. Snyder, J. F. Mansfield, and B. G. Orr, Kinetically controlled critical thickness for coherent islanding and thick highly strained pseudomorphic films of InxGa1-xAs on GaAs(100). Phys. Rev. B 46, 9551 (1992)].
Article metrics loading...
We report on experimental investigations of the growth of Ge1-xSnxfilm with thickness above the critical thickness using Molecular Beam Epitaxy. A series of Ge1-xSnxfilms with various Sn compositions up to 14% are deposited on a Gebuffer layer for growth at low temperatures close to the melting point of Sn. Analysis of various measurements shows that the Ge1-xSnxfilm is defect free in the XTEM image and that Sn is distributed almost uniformly in the film for Sn compositions up to 9.3%. The Sn composition of the films is higher than the Sn composition that is theoretically predicted to cause the energy band of Ge to change from an indirect to a direct bandgap; thus, the present investigation provides a method for growing direct bandgap GeSn film, which is desired for use in applications involving optoelectronic devices.
Full text loading...
Most read this month