No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
A carbon nanotube immunosensor for Salmonella
1. J. Buzby, J. MacDonald, S. Crutchfield and T. Roberts, American Journal of Agricultural Economics 78 (5), 1391–1391 (1996).
2. C. Tirado and K. Schmidt, J Infection 43 (1), 80–84 (2001).
6. M. S. Mannoor, S. Y. Zhang, A. J. Link and M. C. McAlpine, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107 (45), 19207–19212 (2010).
16. H. M. So, D. W. Park, E. K. Jeon, Y. H. Kim, B. S. Kim, C. K. Lee, S. Y. Choi, S. C. Kim, H. Chang and J. O. Lee, Small 4 (2), 197–201 (2008).
18. Y. B. Zhang, M. Kanungo, A. J. Ho, P. Freimuth, D. van der Lelie, M. Chen, S. M. Khamis, S. S. Datta, A. T. C. Johnson, J. A. Misewich and S. S. Wong, Nano Lett 7 (10), 3086–3091 (2007).
19. R. J. Chen, S. Bangsaruntip, K. A. Drouvalakis, N. W. S. Kam, M. Shim, Y. M. Li, W. Kim, P. J. Utz and H. J. Dai, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 100 (9), 4984–4989 (2003).
Article metrics loading...
Antibody-functionalized carbon nanotubedevices have been suggested for use as bacterial detectors for monitoring of food purity in transit from the farm to the kitchen. Here we report progress towards that goal by demonstrating specific detection of Salmonella in complex nutrient broth solutions using nanotubetransistors functionalized with covalently-bound anti-Salmonella antibodies. The small size of the active device region makes them compatible with integration in large-scale arrays. We find that the on-state current of the transistor is sensitive specifically to the Salmonella concentration and saturates at low concentration (<1000 cfu/ml). In contrast, the carrier mobility is affected comparably by Salmonella and other bacteria types, with no sign of saturation even at much larger concentrations (108 cfu/ml).
Full text loading...
Most read this month