No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Short hybrid polymer/sol-gel silica waveguide switches with high in-device electro-optic coefficient based on photostable chromophore
3. Y. Enami, C. T. DeRose, D. Mathine, C. Loychik, C. Greenlee, R. A. Norwood, T. D. Kim, J. Luo, Y. Tian, A. K-Y. Jen, and N. Peyghambarian, Nature Photonics 1, 180 (2007).
5. R. Ding, T. Baehr-Jones, Y. Liu, R. Bojko, J. Witzens, S. Huang, J. Luo, S. Benight, P. Sullivan, J-M. Fedeli, M. Fournier, L. Dalton, A. Jen, and M. Hochberg, Opt. Express 18, 15618 (2010).
7. N-N. Feng, S. Liao, D. Feng, P. Dong, D. Zheng, H. Liang, R. Shafiiha, G. Li, J. E. Cunningham, A. V. Krishnamoorthy, and M. Asghari, Opt. Express 18, 7994 (2010).
9. R. Ding, T. Baehr-Jones, W-J. Kim, A. Spott, M. Fournier, J-M. Fedeli, S. Huang, J. Luo, A. K-Y. Jen, L. Dalton, and M. Hochberg, J of Lightwave Tech. 29 1112 (2011).
10. M. Gould, T. Baehr-Jones, R. Ding, S. Huang, J. Luo, A. K-Y. Jen, J-M. Fedeli, M. Fournier, and M. Hochberg, Opt. Express 19, 3952 (2011).
11. E. Voges, “Integrated electro-optic devices”, in Electro-optic and Photorefractive Materials, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 150 (1987).
16. Y-J. Cheng, J. Luo, S. Huang, X. Zhou, Z. Shi, T-D. Kim, D. H. Bale, S. Takahashi, A. Yick, B. M. Plishak, S-H. Jang, L. R. Dalton, P. J. Reid, W. H. Steier, and A. K-Y. Jen, Chem. Mater. 20, 5047 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
The highest electro-optic (EO) coefficient to date is achieved in short polymeric directional coupler switches based on hybrid EO polymer/sol-gel silicawaveguides. Optimized poling conditions in such waveguides give a highest in-device EO coefficient of 160 pm/V at 1550 nm using highly efficient and photostable guest–host EO polymer SEO100. Adiabatic waveguide transitions from the passive sol-gel core to active EO polymer cores surrounding the sol-gel core are shown using EO polymer cores with a coplanar tapered structure. Switching voltages of 8.4 and 10.5 V are achieved for electrodes that are 2.1 and 1.5 mm long, respectively, which are half those of EO switches containing the chromophore AJLS102.
Full text loading...
Most read this month