No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Band diagrams and performance of CdTe solar cells with a Sb2Te3 back contact buffer layer
1. C. Ferekides, J. Britt, Y. Ma, L. Killian, in Proceedings of 23rd IEEE PVSC, Louisville, 1993.
3. W. H. Bloss, 12th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference. Amsterdam, 1994.
5. B. Dupuydt, M. Burgelman, M. Castelyn, A. Niemegeers, A. Verveat, in Proceedings of the 13th European Conference on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion, Nice, 1995.
6. C. S. Ferkides, V. Viswanathan, D. L. Morel, 26th PVSEC, Anaheim, 1997.
7. J. Tang, D. Mao, T. R. Ohno, V. Kaydanov, J. U. Trefny, 26th PVSEC, 1997.
8. N. Romeo, A. Bosio, R. Tedeschi, 2nd World Conference PVSEC, 1998.
13. Hangquan Li, Chen Zhang, in Polymer Physics, (Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, 2007), pp.152.
20. Neil W. Ashcroft, N. David Mermin, in Solid State Physics, (World Publishing Corporation, Beijing, 2004), pp. 572∼574.
21. Enke Liu, Bingsheng Zhu, Jinsheng Luo, in Semiconductor Physics, Version 6th, (Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2003), pp. 445.
Article metrics loading...
Sb2Te3 thin films were prepared by vacuum co-evaporation and the crystallinity of the films was greatly improved after annealing at 573 K in N2 ambient. Then they were deposited on the CdTe thick films. Band diagrams of the as-deposited and annealed CdTe/Sb2Te3 interfaces were constructed. Consequently, Sb2Te3 was used as a back contact layer for CdTe thin film solar cells and the cell performance was investigated. It was found that the Sb impurities accumulated in the CdTe grain boundaries diffuse deeply in the CdTe layer, and more photogenerated electrons and holes are separated by the segregated SbCd + donors into the GBs. What is more, the doping concentration in the vicinity of the CdTe/CdS heterojunction increases for the formation of substitutional SbTe - acceptors under the Cd-rich conditions. For the introduction of the p-type Sb2Te3 layers as the back contact to the CdTe thin film solar cells, the performance of CdTe thin film solar cells has been greatly improved and an efficiency of 13.1% (FF=62.3%, Jsc=25.8 mA/cm2, Voc= 815.8 mV) obtained.
Full text loading...
Most read this month