No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Strong visible and near infrared luminescence in undoped YAG single crystals
6. A. J. Stevenson, B. C. Bittel, C. G. Leh, X. Li, E. C. Dickey, P. M. Lenahan, and G. L. Messing, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 051906 (2011).
10. N. S. Roose and N. A. Anisimov, Trudy Inst. Fiz. Akad. Nauk EstSSR 44, 163 (1975).
11. A. I. Kuznetsov, V. N. Abramov, V. V. Mürk, and B. R. Namozov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 33, 1126 (1991).
14. V. Mürk, Mater. Sci. Forum 239–241, 537 (1997).
15. M. Kirm, A. Lushchik, Ch. Lushchik, and G. Zimmerer, in: Physics and Chemistry of Luminescence Materials, ed. C. Ronda et al., PV 99-40, The Electrochem. Soc. Proc. Ser. Pennington, NJ, 113 (2000).
17. Bo Liu, Mu Gu, Xiaolin Liu, Shiming Huang, and Chen Ni, Formation energies of antisite defects in Y3Al5O12: A first-principles study, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 121910 (2009).
20. C. R. Varney, D. T. Mackay, S. M. Reda and F. A. Selim, Submitted to J. Phys. D, 2011.
21. C. Y. Chen, G. J. Pogatshnik, Y. Chen, and M. R. Kokta, Phys. Rev. 38, 8555 (1998).
Article metrics loading...
Strong luminescence peaks were observed at 700 and 800 nm in undoped yttrium aluminum garnet (YAG) single crystals. They were attributed to low level of iron impurities as confirmed by Glow Discharge Mass Spectrometry analysis. The 800 nm was only excited by high energy band at 270 nm; the reason behind that was discussed. Photoluminescence measurements revealed a large number of luminescence peaks in all YAG crystals regardless of the growth conditions due to native defects and low-level impurities. These luminescence centers have significant effects on the optical properties of rare-earth doped YAG crystals and their performance in laser and scintillation applications. Excitons released in the lattice may be easily captured by ironions instead of Ce3+ions and the scintillation output is substantially decreased. Nevertheless, Undoped YAG crystals may have the potential to be developed into efficient scintillators.
Full text loading...
Most read this month