No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Theoretical study on phase locking of the array of fiber lasers coupled by bi-dimensional mutual injection
1. E. Stiles, in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Fiber Lasers, 2009.
4. Y. Li and D. Fan, “Beam combining of fiber laser,” Laser Optoelectron. Prog. 42, 26 (2005) (in Chinese).
5. J. Cao, X. Xu, J. Hou, and Q. Lu, “Coherent combining technology of fiber laser,” Infrared and Laser Engineering 37, 456 (2008) (in Chinese).
6. J. E. Rothenberg, in Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC), San Diego, California, March 22, 2009, paper OTuP3.
7. E. C. Cheung, J. G. Ho, G. D. Goodno, R. R. Rice, J. Rothenberg, P. Thielen, M. Weber, and M. Wickham, “Diffractive-optics-based beam combination of a phase-locked fiber laser array,” Opt. Lett. 33, 354 (2008).
8. T. M. Shay, “Theory of Electronically Phased Coherent Beam Combination without a Reference Beam,” Opt. Express 14, 12189 (2006).
9. P. Zhou, Y. Ma, X. Wang, H. Ma, X. Xu, Z. Liu, “Coherent Beam Combination of Three Two-Tone Fiber Amplifiers Using Stochastic Parallel Gradient Descent Algorithm,” Opt. Lett. 34, 2939 (2009).
10. L. Li, A. Schulzgen, S. Chen, V. L. Temyanko, “Phase Locking and In-Phase Supermode Selection in Monolithic Multicore Fiber Lasers,” Opt. Lett. 31, 2577 (2006).
11. C. J. Corcoran, F. Durville, “Experimental Demonatration of a Phase-Locked Laser Array Using a Self-Fourier Cavity,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 86, 201118 (2005).
12. L. Liu, Y. Zhou, F. Kong, Y. C. Chen, “Phase Locking in a Fiber Laser Array with Varying Path Lengths,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 4837 (2004).
13. B. He, Q. Lou, J. Zhou, J. Dong, Y. Wei, D. Xue, Y. Qi, Z. Su, L. Li, F. Zhang, “High Power Coherent Beam Combination from Two Fiber Lasers,” Opt. Express 14, 2721 (2006).
14. J. Lhermite, A. Desfarges-Berthelemot, V. Kermène, A. Barthélémy, “Passive Phase Locking of an Array of Four Fiber Amplifiers by an All-Optical Feedback Loop,” Opt. Lett. 32, 1842 (2007).
16. B. Grime, W. Roh, T. Alley, “Phasing of a Two-Channel Continuous-Wave Master Oscillator-Power Amplifier by Use of a Fiber Phase-Conjugate Mirror,” Opt. Lett. 30, 2415 (2005).
17. M. L. Minden, H. W. Bruesselbach, J. L. Rogers, M. S. Mangir, D. C. Jones, G. J. Dunning, D. L. Hammon, and A. J. Solis. Proc. SPIE 5335, 89 (2004).
18. D. Sabourdy, V. Kermène, A. Desfarges-Berthelemot, L. Lefort, A. Barthélémy, P. Even, D. Pureur, “Efficient Coherent Combining of Widely Tunable Fiber Lasers,” Opt. Express 11, 87 (2003).
19. A. Shirakawa, T. Saitou, T. Sekiguchi, K. Ueda, “Coherent Addition of Fiber Lasers by Use of a Fiber Coupler,” Opt. Express 10, 1167 (2002).
21. W. Chang, T. Wu, H. Winful and A. Galvanauskas, “Array size scalability of passively coherently phased fiber laser arrays,” Opt. Express 18, 9634 (2010).
23. H. Bruesselbach, D. C. Jones, M. S. Mangir, M. Minden, J. L. Rogers, “Self-Organized Coherence in Fiber Laser Arrays,” Opt. Lett. 30, 1339 (2005).
28. Z. Chen, J. Hou, P. Zhou, L. Liu, Z. Jiang, “Mutual Injection Locking of Two Individual Fiber Lasers,” Acta Phys. Sin. 56, 7046 (2007).
29. Z. Chen, J. Hou, P. Zhou, Z. Jiang, “Mutual Injection-Locking and Coherent Combining of Two Individual Fiber Lasers,” IEEE J. Quantum Electron. 44, 515 (2008).
30. Z. Chen, J. Hou, P. Zhou, X. Wang, X. Xu, Z. Jiang, Z. Liu, “Mutual Injection Locking and Coherent Combining of Three Individual Fiber Lasers,” Opt. Communication 282, 60 (2009).
31. R. Kurtz, R. Pradhan, N. Tun, T. Aye, G. Savant, T. Jannson, L. DeShazer, “Mutual Injection Locking: A New Architecture for High-Power Solid-State Laser Arrays,” IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 11, 578 (2005).
34. Si-si Zhao, Zhen Wang, and Zhi-yong Wang, “Scalability and stability of a coherent fiber laser array using fiber couplers,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 27, 1131 (2010).
36. Z. Chen, P. Zhou, X. Xu, J. Hou, and Z. Jiang, “The influence of spectral lines and coupling coefficient on mutual injection locking of fiber lasers,” Acta Phys. Sin. 57, 3588 (2008).
37. S. Auroux, V. Kermène, A. Desfarges-Berthelemot, and A. Barthélémy, “Coherence properties of two fiber lasers coupled by mutual injection,” Opt. Express 17, 17694 (2009).
38. J. Cao, Q. Lu, J. Hou, and X. Xu, “Self-organization of arrays of two mutually-injected fiber lasers: theoretical investigation,” Opt. Express 17, 7694 (2009).
40. J. Cao, Q. Lu, J. Hou, and X. Xu, in CLEO/Pacific Rim 2009 - 8th Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics. Piscataway, NJ: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 5292538 (2009).
41. J. Cao, Q. Lu, J. Hou, and X. Xu, “Effect of mutual-injection ways on phase locking of arrays of two mutually injected fiber lasers: theoretical investigation,” Appl. Phys. B 99, 83 (2010).
44. Note that M’ is relative to N and S. Generally, M’ increases with both N and S when S > 3. Then, M’ can be controlled by properly choosing the couplers (i.e., S) for a given N-laser array.
48. J. Cao, J. Hou, Q. Lu, X. Xu, “Numerical research on self-organized coherent fiber laser arrays with circulating field theory,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 25, 1187 (2008).
49. J. Cao, Q. Lu, J. Hou, X. Xu, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium Proceedings. Cambridge, USA, 560 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, the array of fiber lasers coupled by bi-dimensional mutual injection is firstly, to our knowledge, investigated. Phase locking of the array is theoretically studied and the phase-locked states of the array are given. It is found that the array with bi-dimensional mutual injection can export the same amount of the phase-locked states as the array with one-dimensional mutual injection, which implies that the amount of phase-locked states does not depend on the dimension of mutual injection. The conditions needed for phase locking of the array are also studied. It is illuminated that, compared with the array with one-dimensional mutual injection, more conditions are needed for phase locking of the array with bi-dimensional mutual injection. Based on these results, the options for improving the performance of the array of fiber lasers coupled by mutual injection are discussed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month