No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Realization of a 33 GHz phononic crystal fabricated in a freestanding membrane
6. R. H. Olsson, S. X. Griego, I. El-Kady, M. Su, Y. Soliman, D. Goettler, Z. Leseman. In IEEE International Ultrasoncis Symposium. Roma, Italy, 2009.
8. R. H. Olsson, J. G. Fleming, I. F. El-Kady, M. R. Tuck, F. B. McCormick. In Transducers and EuroSensors, 2007.
10. J. P. Wolfe. Imaging Phonons, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
11. L. F. Lou. Introduction to Phonons and Electrons, World Scientific, 2003.
16. Y. M. Soliman, M. F. Su, Z. C. Leseman, C. M. Reinke, I. I. El-Kady, R. H. O. III. Appl. Phys. Lett. Accepted.
25. J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack, M. D. Ziegler. SRIM The Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter, 2008.
27. D. Goettler, K. Murphy, A. Savkar, Z. Leseman. In ASME IMECE2007. Seattle, WA, 2007.
Article metrics loading...
Phononic crystals (PnCs) are man-made structures with periodically varying material properties such as density, ρ, and elastic modulus, E. Periodic variations of the material properties with nanoscale characteristic dimensions yield PnCs that operate at frequencies above 10 GHz, allowing for the manipulation of thermal properties. In this article, a 2D simple cubic lattice PnC operating at 33 GHz is reported. The PnC is created by nanofabrication with a focused ion beam. A freestanding membrane of silicon is ion milled to create a simple cubic array of 32 nm diameter holes that are subsequently backfilled with tungsten to create inclusions at a spacing of 100 nm. Simulations are used to predict the operating frequency of the PnC. Additional modeling shows that milling a freestanding membrane has a unique characteristic; the exit via has a conical shape, or trumpet-like appearance.
Full text loading...
Most read this month