No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
The performance of organic electronic ratchets
1. Smoluchowski, M. v. , Experimentell Nachweisbare, der Üblichen Thermodynamik Widersprechende Molekularphänomene (Eng.: ‘Experimentally confirmed, molecular phenomena opposing the conventional thermodynamics’), Physikalische Zeitschrift 13, 12 (1912).
2. Feynman, R. P. , Sands, M. L. & Leighton, R. B. , The Feynman lectures on physics (Addison-Wesley, 1989).
3. van Oudenaarden, A. & Boxer, S. G. , Brownian ratchets: Molecular separations in lipid bilayers supported on patterned arrays, Science 285, 1046–1048 (1999);
3.J. Rousselet, L. Salome, A. Ajdari & J. Prostt., Directional motion of brownian particles induced by a periodic asymmetric potential, Nature 370, 446–447 (1994).
5. Khrapai, V. S. , Ludwig, S. , Kotthaus, J. P. , Tranitz, H. P. & Wegscheider, W. , Double-dot quantum ratchet driven by an independently biased quantum point contact, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 176803 (2006).
6. Fujiwara, A. , Nishiguchi, K. , Ono, Y. , Nanoampere charge pump by single-electron ratchet using silicon nanowire metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 042102 (2008).
8. Reimann, P. , Brownian motors: noisy transport far from equilibrium, Physics Reports–Review Section of Physics Letters 361, 57–265 (2002).
12. Coehoorn, R. , Pasveer, W. F. , Bobbert, P. A. & Michels, M. A. J. , Charge-carrier concentration dependence of the hopping mobility in organic materials with Gaussian disorder, Phys. Rev. B. 72, 155206 (2005).
13. Sharma, A. , Janssen, N. M. A. , Mathijssen, S. G. J. , de Leeuw, D. M. , Kemerink, M. & Bobbert, P. A. , Effect of Coulomb scattering from trapped charges on the mobility in an organic field-effect transistor, Phys. Rev. B 83, 125310 (2011).
14. Roeling, E. M. et al., Scaling of characteristic frequencies of organic electronic ratchets, Unpublished.
Article metrics loading...
Organic electronic ratchets rectify time-correlated external driving forces, giving output powers that can drive electronic circuitry. In this work their performance characteristics are investigated using numerical modeling and measurements. It is shown how the characteristic parameters of the time–varying asymmetric potential like length scales and amplitude, as well as the density and mobility of the charge carriers in the device influence the performance characteristics. Various ratchet efficiencies and their relations are discussed. With all settings close to optimum, a ratchet with charge displacement and power efficiencies close to 50% and 7% respectively is obtained.
Full text loading...
Most read this month