No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Metal-assisted electroless fabrication of nanoporous p-GaN for increasing the light extraction efficiency of light emitting diodes
1. E. F. Schubert, Light-Emitting Diodes (2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2006), p. 91–93.
10. T. Wei, Q. Kong, J. Wang, J. Li, Y. Zeng, G. Wang, J. Li, Y. Liao, and F. Yi, Opt. Express 19, 1065 (2011).
11. S. L. Qi, Z. Z. Chen, H. Fang, Y. J. Sun, L. W. Sang, X. L. Yang, L. B. Zhao, P. F. Tian, J. J. Deng, Y. B. Tao, T. J. Yu, Z. X. Qin, and G. Y. Zhang, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 071114 (2009).
12. X. A. Cao, S. J. Pearton, A. P. Zhang, G. T. Dang, F. Ren, R. J. Shul, L. Zhang, R. Hickman, and J. M. Van Hove, Appl. Phys. Lett. 75, 2569 (1999).
13. J. L. Weyher, S. Lazar, L. Macht, Z. Liliental-Weber, R. J. Molnar, S. Müller, V. G. M. Sivel, G. Nowak, and I. Grzegory, J. Cryst. Growth 305, 384 (2007).
25. D. H. Kim, C. O. Cho, Y. G. Roh, H. Jeon, Y. S. Park, J. Cho, J. S. Im, C. Sone, Y. Park, W. J. Choi, and Q. H. Park, Appl. Phys. Lett. 87, 203508 (2005).
Article metrics loading...
We report metal-assisted electroless fabrication of nanoporous p-GaN to improve the light extraction efficiency of GaN-based light emitting diodes(LEDs). Although it has long been believed that p-GaN cannot be etched at room temperature, in this study we find that Ag nanocrystals (NCs) on the p-GaN surface enable effective etching of p-GaN in a mixture of HF and K2S2O8 under ultraviolet (UV) irradiation. It is further shown that the roughened GaN/air interface enables strong scattering of photons emitted from the multiple quantum wells(MQWs). The light output power measurements indicate that the nanoporousLEDs obtained after 10 min etching show a 32.7% enhancement in light-output relative to the conventional LEDs at an injection current of 20 mA without significant increase of the operating voltage. In contrast, the samples etched for 20 min show performance degradation when compared with those etched for 10 min, this is attributed to the current crowding effect and increased surface recombination rate.
Full text loading...
Most read this month