No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spin-inversion in nanoscale graphene sheets with a Rashba spin-orbit barrier
2. K. S. Novoselov, E. McCann, S. V. Morozov, V. I. Falko, M. I. Kastenelson, U. Zeitler, D. Jiang, F. Schedin, and A. K. Geim, Nat. phys. 2, 177 (2006).
6. K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov, D. Jiang, M. I. Katsnelson, I. V. Grigorieva, S. V. Dubonos, and A. A. Firsov, Nature (London) 438, 197 (2005).
14. C. Lee, X. Wei, J. W. kysar, and J. Hone, Science 321, 5887 (2008).
15. H. E. Romero, P. Joshi, A. K. Gupta, H. R. Guutierrez, M. W. Cole, S. A. Tadigadapa, and P. C. Eklund, Nanotechnology 6, 652 (2007).
20. T.- Y. Yang, J. Balakrishnan, F. Volmer, A. Avsar, M. Jaiswal, J. Samm, S. R. Ali, A. Pachoud, M. Zeng, M. Popinciuc, G. Guntherodt, B. Beschoten, and B. Ozyilmaz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 047206 (2011).
30. T. O. Wehling, K. S. Novoselov, S. V. Morozov, E. E. Vdovin, M. I. Katsnelson, A. K. Geim, and A. I. Lichtenstein, Nano Lett. 8, 173 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
Spin-inversion properties of an electron in nanoscale graphene sheets with a Rashba spin-orbit barrier is studied using transfer matrix method. It is found that for proper values of Rashba spin-orbit strength, perfect spin-inversion can occur in a wide range of electron incident angle near the normal incident. In this case, the graphene sheet with Rashba spin-orbit barrier can be considered as an electron spin-inverter. The efficiency of spin-inverter can increase up to a very high value by increasing the length of Rashba spin-orbit barrier. The effect of intrinsic spin-orbit interaction on electron spin inversion is then studied. It is shown that the efficiency of spin-inverter decreases slightly in the presence of intrinsic spin-orbit interaction. The present study can be used to design graphene-based spintronic devices.
Full text loading...
Most read this month