No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Implications of quantum metabolism and natural selection for the origin of cancer cells and tumor progression
3. M. G. Vander Heiden, L. C. Cantley and C. B. Thompson, “Understanding the Warburg effect: the metabolic requirements of cell proliferation,” Science 324, 1029 (2009).
5. L. A. Demetrius, J. F. Coy and J. A. Tuszynski, “Cancer proliferation and therapy: the Warburg effect and quantum metabolism,” Theor Biol Med Model 7, 2 (2010).
9. A. Rangarajan and R. A. Weinberg, “Opinion: Comparative biology of mouse versus human cells: modelling human cancer in mice,” Nat Rev Cancer 3, 952 (2003).
10. O. Warburg, E. Posener and E. Negelein, “About the metabolism of the carcinoma cell [Uber den Stoffwechsel der Carcinomzelle],” Biochem Z 152, 309 (1924).
12. H. Pelicano et al., “Mitochondrial respiration defects in cancer cells cause activation of Akt survival pathway through a redox-mediated mechanism,” J Cell Biol 175, 913 (2006).
15. L. Demetrius, “Of mice and men. When it comes to studying ageing and the means to slow it down, mice are not just small humans,” EMBO Rep 6 Spec No, S39 (2005).
16. M. Ziehe and L. Demetrius, “Directionality theory: an empirical study of an entropic principle in life-history evolution,” Proc Biol Sci 272, 1185 (2005).
21. N. W. Ashcroft and N. D. Mermin, “Solid state physics” Saunders College Publ., Fort Worth Internat. ed., 21. print (1995).
22. M. Kleiber, “The fire of life: An introduction to animal energetics” Wiley, New York (1961).
26. R. Roskoski, “Biochemistry” Saunders, Philadelphia, 1st Ed (1996).
32. D. S. Liu, R. D. Astumian and T. Y. Tsong, “Activation of Na+ and K+ pumping modes of (Na,K)-ATPase by an oscillating electric field,” J Biol Chem 265, 7260 (1990).
34. S. E. DiCarlo and H. L. Collins, “Submitting illuminations for review,” Advances in Physiology Education 25, 70 (2001).
35. D. G. Nicholls and S. J. Ferguson, “Bioenergetics” Academic Press, London; San Diego CA (1992).
40. S. S. Perumal, P. Shanthi and P. Sachdanandam, “Energy-modulating vitamins-a new combinatorial therapy prevents cancer cachexia in rat mammary carcinoma,” Br J Nutr 93, 901 (2005).
41. J. L. Quiles, J. R. Huertas, M. Mañas, M. Battino and J. Mataix, “Physical exercise affects the lipid profile of mitochondrial membranes in rats fed with virgin olive oil or sunflower oil,” Br J Nutr 81, 21 (1999).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month