No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
First principle electronic, structural, elastic, and optical properties of strontium titanate
1. H. Ohta, S. Kim, Y. Mune, T. Mizoguchi, K. Nomura, S. Ohta, T. Nomura, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Ikuhara, M. Hirano, et al., Nature 6, 129 (2007).
3. A. D. Caviglia, S. Gariglio, N. Reyren, D. Jaccard, T. Schneider, M. Gabay, S. Thiel, G. Hammerl, J. Mannhart, and J. M. Triscone, Nature 456, 624 (2008).
7. M. E. Lines and A. M. Glass, Principles and Applications of Ferroelectrics and Related Materials (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1997).
11. S. Tinte, M. G. Stachiotti, C. O. Rodriquez, N. E. Novikov, and D. L. Christensen, Phys. Rev. B 59, 1959 (1998).
12. Y. Jiangni, Z. Zhiyong, and Z. Fuchun, Chinese J. of Semics. 27, 1537 (2006).
14. J. G. Bednorz and K. A. Muller, Chem. Phys. Letts. 52, 2289 (1984).
50. H. S. Ahn, D. C. Cuong, J. Lee, and S. Han, J. Korean Phys. Soci. 49, 1536 (2006).
55. ICSD, Inorganic Crystal Structure Database (ICSD), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Release 2011/1 (NIST, 2011), vol. 1.
56. R. W. J. Wyckoff, Crystal Structure (Wiley, New York, 1963), vol. 1, p. 86, 2nd ed.
58. E. C. Ekuma, Master's thesis, Southern University and A & M College, Baton Rouge, LA, U.S.A. (2010).
64. L. Franklin, C. E. Ekuma, G. L. Zhao, and D. Bagayoko, Manuscript in Preparation.
65. E. C. Ekuma, D. Bagayoko, G. L. Zhao, L. Franklin, and J. T. Wang, Proceedings, 2nd International Seminar on Theoretical Physics and National Development, Abuja, Nigeria. (2011).
66. D. Bagayoko, Proceedings, 1st International Seminar on Theoretical Physics and National Development, Abuja, Nigeria. (2008).
74. R. S. Mulliken, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 23, 1833 (1955).
76. Finite Deformation of an Elastic Solid (Dover, New York, 1995).
77. A. E. Bocquet, T. Mizokawa, K. Morikawa, A. Fajumori, S. R. Barman, D. D. Maiti, K. Sarma, Y. Tokura, and M. Onoda, Phys. Rev B 53, 1161 (1996).
87. S. Zollner, A. A. Demkov, R. Liu, P. L. Fejes, P. Gregory, R. B. Alluri, J. A. Curless, Z. Yu, J. Ramdani, R. Droopad, T. E. Tiwald, et al., J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 18, 2242 (2000).
89. R. Board, H. Weaver, and J. Honig (1970), p. 595.
91. S. Piskunov, Y. F. Zhukovskii, E. A. Kotomin, and Y. N. Shunin, Computer Modelling and New Technologies (Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Lomonosov Str.1, Riga, LV-1019, Latvia, 2000), vol. 4, p. 7.
92. K. H. Hellwege and A. M. Hellwege, Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology, Landolt-Börnstein, New Series Group III, Ferroelectrics and Related Substances (Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1969), vol. 3.
93. T. Mitsui and S. E. Nomura, Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology, Landolt-Börnstein, New Series, Group III, Crystal and Solid State Physics (Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1982), vol. 16.
94. Y. Kuroiwa, S. Aoyagi, A. Sawada, E. Nishibori, M. Takata, M. Sakata, H. Tanaka, and J. Harada, J. Korean Physical Society 42, S1425 (2003).
Article metrics loading...
We report self-consistent ab-initio electronic, structural, elastic, and optical properties of cubic SrTiO3 perovskite. Our non-relativistic calculations employed a generalized gradient approximation (GGA) potential and the linear combination of atomic orbitals (LCAO) formalism. The distinctive feature of our computations stem from solving self-consistently the system of equations describing the GGA, using the Bagayoko-Zhao-Williams (BZW) method. Our results are in agreement with experimental ones where the later are available. In particular, our theoretical, indirect band gap of 3.24 eV, at the experimental lattice constant of 3.91 Å, is in excellent agreement with experiment. Our predicted, equilibrium lattice constant is 3.92 Å, with a corresponding indirect band gap of 3.21 eV and bulk modulus of 183 GPa.
Full text loading...
Most read this month