No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Puzzling phonon dispersion curves and vibrational mode instability in superconducting MgCNi3
1. T. He, Q. Huang, A. P. Ramirez, Y. Wang, K. A. Regan, N. Rogado, M. A. Hayward, M. K. Hass, J. S. Slusky, K. Inumara, H. W. Zandbergen, N. P. Ong, and R. J. Cava, “Superconductivity in the non-oxide perovskite MgCNi3,” Nature London 411, 54 (2001).
2. Y. Kamihara, T. Watanabe, M. Hirano, and H. Hosono, “Iron-Based Layered Superconductor La[O1-xFx]FeAs (x = 0.05−0.12) with Tc = 26 K,” J. am. Chem. Soc. 130, 3296 (2008).
10. A. Yu Ignatov, L. M. Dieng, T. A. Tyson, T. He, and R. J. Cava, “Observation of a low-symmetry crystal structure for superconducting MgCNi3 by Ni K-edge x-ray absorption measurements,” Phys. Rev. B 67, 064509 (2003).
11. P. Diener, P. Rodière, T. Klein, C. Marcenat, J. Kacmarcik, Z. Pribulova, D. J. Jang, H. S. Lee, H. G. Lee, and S. I. Lee, “s-wave superconductivity probed by measuring magnetic penetration depth and lower critical field of MgCNi3 single crystals,” Phys. Rev. B 79, 220508–R (2009).
12. O. V. Dolgov, I. I. Mazin, A. A. Golubov, S. Y. Savrasov, and E. G. Maksimov, “Critical Temperature and Enhanced Isotope Effect in the Presence of Paramagnons in Phonon-Mediated Superconductors,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 257003 (2005).
13. A. Wälte, G. Fuchs, K. H. Müller, A. Handstein, K. Nenkov, V. N. Narozhnyi, S. L. Drechsler, S. Shulga, L. Schultz, and H. Rosner, “Evidence for strong electron-phonon coupling in MgCNi3,” Phys. Rev. B 70, 174503 (2004).
14. H. M. Tütüncü and G. P. Srivastava, “Electronic structure, phonons and electron–phonon interaction in MgXNi3 (X = B, C and N),” J. Phys.: Condens. Matter. 18, 11089 (2006).
15. S. Y. Li, R. Fan, X. H. Chen, C. H. Wang, W. Q. Mo, K. Q. Ruan, Y. M. Xiong, X. G. Luo, H. T. Zhang, L. Li, Z Sun, and L. Z. Cao, “Normal state resistivity, upper critical field, and Hall effect in superconducting perovskite MgCNi3,” Phys. Rev. B 64, 132505 (2001).
16. J. Y. Lin, P. L Ho, H. L. Huang, P. H. Lin, Y. L. Zhang, R. C. Yu, C. Q. Jin, and H. D. Yang, “BCS-like superconductivity in MgCNi3,” Phys. Rev. B 67,052501 (2003).
17. Z. Q. Mao, M. M. Rosario, K. D. Nelson, K. Wu, I. G. Deac, P. Schiffer, Y. Liu, T. He, K. A. Regan, and R. Cava, “Experimental determination of superconducting parameters for the intermetallic perovskite superconductor MgCNi3,” Phys. Rev. B 67, 094502 (2003).
18. J. H. Shim, S. K. Kwon, and B. I. Min, “Magnetic resonance from the interplay of frustration and superconductivity,” Phys. Rev. B 64, 180510 (2010).
23. J. B. Boyce, F. G. Bridges, T. C. Clarson, T. H. Geballe, G. G. Li, and A. N. Slright, “Local structure of BaBixPb1-xO3 determined by x-ray-absorption spectroscopy,” Phys. Rev. B 44, 6961 (1991).
24. H. Hong, M. Upton, A. H. Said, H. Lee, D. J. Jang, S. I. Lee, R. Xu, and T. C. Chiang, “Phonon dispersions and anomalies of MgCNi3 single-crystal superconductors determined by inelastic x-ray scattering,” Phys. Rev. B 82, 134535 (2010).
27. S. Baroni, S. de Gironcoli, A. dal Corso, and P. Giannozzi, “Phonons and related crystal properties from density-functional perturbation theory,” Rev. Mod. Phys. 73, 515 (2001).
28. A. Wälte, G. Fuchs, K. H. Müller, A. Handstein, K. Nenkov, V. N. Narozhnyi, S. L. Drechsler, S. Shulga, L. Schultz, and H. Rosner, “Evidence for strong electron-phonon coupling in MgCNi3,” Phys. Rev. B 70, 174503 (2004).
Article metrics loading...
A first principles calculation of the lattice dynamical properties of superconducting MgCNi3 has been performed using density functional perturbation theory (DFPT). The calculated phonon dispersion curves and phonondensity of states have been compared with inelastic x-ray scattering (IXS) and inelastic neutron scattering (INS) measurements. We show for the first time that phonon dispersion curves for MgCNi3 in whole Brillouin zone are positive (stable phonon modes) and in good agreement with the experimental data. The phonon DOS shows absence of phonondensity of states at zero energy unlike earlier calculations. There is a good agreement between calculated and experimental electron-phonon parameter and superconducting transition temperature. The Eliasberg function is quantitatively as well as qualitatively different from the phonondensity of states. The lattice specific heat and Debye temperature do not show any anomalous behaviour.
Full text loading...
Most read this month