No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Special structures and properties of hydrogen nanowire confined in a single walled carbon nanotube at extreme high pressure
11. G. W. Collins, L. B. Da Silva, P. Celliers, D. M. Gold, M. E. Foord, R. J. Wallace, A. Ng, S. V. Weber, K. S. Budil, and R. Cauble, Science 281, 1178 (1998).
20. I. Tamblyn and S. A. Bonev, 22nd International Symposium on High Performance Computing System and Applications (HPCS 2008, June 9-11 2008 Quebec City, Canada) pp 154–160.
33. G. Gao, A. R. Oganov, P. Li, Z. Li, H. Wang, T. Cui, Y. Ma, A. Bergarad, A. O. Lyakhov, T. Iitaka, and G. Zou, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107, 1317 (2010).
38. V. E. Antonov, I. T. Belash, E. G. Ponyatovskii, and V. I. Rashupkin, JETP Lett. 31, 422 (1980).
41. J.-H. Han, G. L. C. Paulus, R. Maruyama, D. A. Heller, W.-J. Kim, P. W. Barone, C. Y. Lee, J. H. Choi, M-H. Ham, C. Song, C. Fantini and M. S. Strano, Nature Materials 9, 833 (2010).
48. C. Niedermayer, I. D. Reid, E. Roduner, E. J. Ansaldo, C. Bernhard, U. Binninger, H. Glückler, E. Recknagel, J. I. Budnick, and A. Weidinger, Phys. Rev. B 47, 10923 (1993).
Article metrics loading...
Extensive ab initio molecular dynamics simulations indicate that hydrogen can be confined in single walled carbon nanotubes to form high density and high pressure H2 molecular lattice, which has peculiar shell and axial structures depending on the density or pressure. The band gap of the confined H2 lattice is sensitive to the pressure. Heating the system at 2000K, the H2 lattice is firstly melted to form H2 molecular liquid, and then some of the H2 molecules dissociate accompanied by drastic molecular and atomic reactions, which have essential effect on the electronic structure of the hydrogen system. The liquid hydrogen system at 2000K is found to be a particular mixed liquid, which consists of H2 molecules, H atoms, and H-H-H trimers. The dissociated H atoms and the trimers in the liquid contribute resonance electron states at the Fermi energy to change the material properties substantially. Rapidly cooling the system from 2000K to 0.01 K, the mixed liquid is frozen to form a mixed solid melt with a clear trend of band gap closure. It indicates that this solid melt may become a superconducting nanowire when it is further compressed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month