No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Analytical analysis of modulation instability in fiber optics
1. Govind P. Agrawal, Nonlinear Fiber Optics, 4th edition, (2006).
2. A. Chraplyvy, “Limitations on lightwave communications imposed by optical-fiber nonlinearities,” J. Lightwave Technol. 8, 1548–1557 (1990).
3. D. Marcus, A. R. Chraplyvy, and R. W. Tkach, “Effect of fiber nonlinearity on ling-distance transmission,” J. Lightwave Technol. 9, 121–128 (1991).
4. D. Marcus, “Single-channel operation in very long nonlinear fibers with optical amplifiers at zero dispersion,” J. Lightwave Technol. 9, 356–361 (1991).
5. N. Henmi, T. Saito, and S. Nakaya, “An arrangement of transmissionfiber dispersions for increasing the spacing between optical amplifiers in lumped repeater systems,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 5, 1337–1340 (1993).
6. D. Simeonidou, G. Long, and D. J. Butler, “Effect of local fiber dispersion on the performance of long-distance transmission systems with erbium-doped fiber amplifiers,” in Proc. CLEO’95, Baltimore, (1995).
9. A. Mecozzi, “Long-distance transmission at zero dispersion: Combined effect of the Kerr nonlinearity and the noise of the in-line amplifiers,” J. Opt. Soc. Amer. B 12, 462–465 (1994).
10. J. M. Dudley, G. Genty, F. Dias, B. Kibler, and N. Akhmediev, “Modulation instability, Akhmediev Breathers and continuous wave supercontinuum generation,” Optics Express 17, 21497–21508 (2009).
11. R. Hui, M. O’Sullivan, A. Robinson, and M. Taylor, Modulation Instability and Its Impact in Multi-span Optical Amplified IMDD Systems: Theory and Experiments, J. Light wave Tech., (IS), pp. 1071–1082, (1997).
12. S. Tariq, Improved Analysis of Modulation Instability in Fiber Optics, The Fifth pacific Rim CLEO 2003 1, 79 (2003).
13. M. Yu, G. P. Agrawal, and C. J. McKinstrie, Pump-wave effects on the propagation of noisy signals in nonlinear dispersive media, J. Opt.Soc. Amer. B 13, 1126–1132 (1995).
14. Govind P. Agrawal, Fiber Optic Communication Systems, third edition, (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., NY, USA, 2002).
15. C. Ray Wylie and Louis C. Barrett, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 5th edition, (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1995).
16. Erwin Kreyszig, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 9th edition, (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006).
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, an improved analysis for modulation instability, which results from interaction between optical wave and noise, is presented. It is shown that Nonlinear Schrodinger equation (NLSE), which governs this process, leads to the coupled wave equations that result to Riccati's differential equations. A completely analytical solution of Riccati's equation is obtained for small fiber length that results in efficient computation of the modulation instability effect.
Full text loading...
Most read this month