No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Tribological properties of nanocrystalline diamond films deposited by hot filament chemical vapor deposition
5. W. Kulisch, Springer Tracts on Modern Physics, Heidelberg Berlin (1999).
9. F. R. Kloss, M. Najam-Ul-Haq, M. Rainer, R. Gassner, G. Lepperdinger, C. W. Huck, G. Bonn, F. Klauser, X. Liu, N. Memmel, E. Bertel, J. A. Garrido, and D. Steinmuller-Nethl, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 7, 4581 (2007).
11. A. R. Krauss, O. Auciello, D. M. Gruen, A. Jayatissa, A. Sumant, J. Tucek, D. C. Mancini, N. Moldovan, A. Erdemir, D. Ersoy, M. N. Gardos, H. G. Busmann, E. M. Meyer, and M. Q. Ding, Diamond and Related Materials 10, 1952 (2001).
15. I. P. Hayward, Wear 215, 157 (1992).
24. K. Panda, B. Sundaravel, B. K. Panigrahi, P. Magudapathy, D. N. Krishna, K. G. M. Nair, H. C. Chen, and I-N. Lin, Journal of Applied Physics 110, 44304 (2011).
28. N. Kumar, Neha Sharma, S. Dash, C. Popov, W. Kulisch, J. P. Reithmaier, G. Favaro, A. K. Tyagi, and Baldev Raj, Tribology International 44, 2042 (2011).
33. A. R. Konicek, D. S. Grierson, A. V. Sumant, T. A. Friedmann, J. P. Sullivan, P. U. P. A. Gilbert, W. G. Sawyer, and R. W. Carpick, Physical Review B 85, 155448 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
The dependence of the structural and morphological properties of nanocrystallinediamondfilms grown by hot filament chemical vapor deposition on the substrate temperature was studied. Friction coefficients of these films were measured and found to vary from high to ultra low, depending on the chemical nature of the films i.e., sp2 and sp3 phase fractions. For all films, the friction coefficient was found to decrease with increase in sp2/sp3 phase fraction. The wear rate follows the trend of the friction coefficient and was likewise found to depend on the structural and morphological properties of the films. For all the films, the friction coefficient is found to decrease with normal load which is ascribed to sliding induced surface amorphization/graphitization.
Full text loading...
Most read this month