No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
First-principles study on the differences of possible ferroelectric behavior and magnetic exchange interaction between Bi2NiMnO6 and La2NiMnO6
1. J. Wang, J. B. Neaton, H. Zheng, V. Nagarajan, S. B. Ogale, B. Liu, D. Viehland, V. Vaithyanathan, D. G. Schlom, U. V. Waghmare, N. A. Spaldin, K. M. Rabe, M. Wuttig, and R. Ramesh, Science 299, 1719 (2003).
8. R. V. Shpanchenko, V. V. Chernaya, A. A. Tsirlin, P. S. Chizhov, D. E. Sklovsky, E. V. Antipov, E. P. Khlybov, V. Pomjakushin, A. M. Balagurov, J. E. Medvedeva, E. E. Kaul, and C. Geibel, Chem. Mater. 16, 3267 (2004).
23. K. Dewhurst
, S. Sharma
, L. Nordstr¨om
, F. Cricchio
, F. Bultmark
, and H. Gross
, ELK, version 1.2.20, a package of ab initio programs, 2011, see http://elk.sourceforge.net
26. E. Artacho
, J. D. Gale
, A. García
, J. Junquera
, P. Ordejón
, D. Śanchez-Portal
, and J. M. Soler
, verson 3.0-rc2, see http://www.icmab.es/siesta
28. E. Artacho, E. Anglada, O. Diéguez, J. D. Gale, A. García, J. Junquera, R. M. Martin, P. Ordejón, J. M. Pruneda, D. Sánchez-Portal, and J. M. Soler, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 20, 064208 (2008).
32. A. H. Morrish, The Physical Principles of Magnetism (John Wiley & Sons, New York, London, Sydney, 1965).
38. N. Ikeda, H. Ohsumi, K. Ohwada, K. Ishii, T. Inami, K. Kakurai, Y. Murakami, K. Yoshii, S. Mori, Y. Horibe, and H. Kitô, Nature 436, 1136 (2005).
Article metrics loading...
The differences of possible ferroelectric behavior and magnetic exchange interaction between Bi2NiMnO6 and La2NiMnO6 have been investigated by first-principles calculation. Paying attention to the electronic structures, bonding interaction, and Born effective charges of the two compounds, the calculations reveal that ferroelectric distortion occurs only in Bi2NiMnO6 rather than La2NiMnO6. The calculation also indicates that the Ni-Mn ferromagneticexchange interaction is weakened in Bi2NiMnO6 compared with that in La2NiMnO6. Thus the present work explains why Bi2NiMnO6 has a lower Curie temperature compared with La2NiMnO6. The mechanism why Bi2NiMnO6 has weaker Ni-Mn ferromagneticexchange interaction than La2NiMnO6 is explored by considering the Kugel-Khomskii model. Finally, the electric polarizations of Bi2NiMnO6 with ferromagnetic and ferrimagnetic order are estimated to be 18.05 and 19.01 μC/cm2, respectively, indicating the anomaly of electric polarization near the Curie temperature of Bi2NiMnO6.
Full text loading...
Most read this month