No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Synthesis of silver nanoparticle decorated multiwalled carbon nanotubes-graphene mixture and its heat transfer studies in nanofluid
1. Z. Chen, Y. Qin, D. Weng, Q. Xiao, Y. Peng, X. Wang, H. Li, F. Wei, and Y. Lu, Adv. Funct. Mater. 19, 3420 (2009).
6. Z. Fan, J. Yan, L. Zhi, Q. Zhang, T. Wei, J. Feng, M. Zhang, W. Qian, and F. Wei, Adv. Mater. 22, 3723 (2010).
7. C. Li, Z. Li, H. Zhu, K. Wang, J. Wei, X. Li, P. Sun, H. Zhang, and D. Wu, J. Phys. Chem. C 114, 14008 (2010).
12. J. A. Eastman, S. U. S. Choi, S. Li, and L. J. Thompson, Proceedings of the Symposium on Nanophase and Nanocomposite Materials II Materials Research Society, Boston, USA, 1997, 457, pp. 3–11.
14. J. Garg, B. Poudel, M. Chiesa, J. B. Gordon, J. J. Ma, J. B. Wang, Z. F. Ren, Y. T. Kang, H. Ohtani, J. Nanda, G. H. McKinley, and G. Chen, J. Appl. Phys. 103, 074301 (2008).
27. R. K. Shah, Proceedings of 3rd National Heat Mass Transfer Conference. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 1975, Paper no. HMT-11-75.
Article metrics loading...
The present study describes a novel synthesis procedure for a hybrid nanostructure consisting of multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWNT), hydrogen exfoliated graphene (HEG) and silver nanoparticles. Moreover, synthesis of nanofluids using the above hybrid material and their heat transfer properties are discussed. The hybrid structure of MWNT and HEG (MWNT-HEG) has been synthesized by a simple mixing of MWNT and graphite oxide (GO) followed by exfoliation of this mixture in hydrogen atmosphere. The sample has been characterized with different experimental techniques. After surface functionalization, this hybrid material is decorated with silver nanoparticles (Ag/(MWNT-HEG)) and dispersed in ethylene glycol (EG) without any surfactant. The thermal conductivity and convective heat transfer properties are measured for different volume fractions. An enhancement of ∼8% in thermal conductivity is obtained for a volume fraction of 0.04% at 25°C. The convective heat transfer coefficient of these nanofluids is determined using an in-house fabricated setup. The enhancement in heat transfer coefficient is about 570% for 0.005% volume fraction at the entrance of the pipe for Re = 250.
Full text loading...
Most read this month