No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Quantum-mechanical calculation of carrier distribution in MOS accumulation and strong inversion layers
7. D. G. Zill and M. R. Cullen, Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems, Fifth Edition (Brooks/Cole, 2001).
8. D. G. Swanson, Quantum Mechanics: Foundations and Applications (Taylor & Francis, 2007).
11. M. Gonschorek, J.-F. Carlin, E. Feltin, M. A. Py, N. Grandjean, V. Darakchieva, B. Monemar, M. Lorenz, and G. Ramm, J. Appl. Phys. 103, 093714 (2008).
13. D. A. Neamen, Semiconductor Physics and Devices, 3rd edition (McGraw-Hill, 2002).
14. K. Yang, Y.-C. King, and C. Hu, VLSI Symp. Tech. Dig., 77 (1999).
18. S. A. Hareland, S. Kzlshnamurthy, S. Jallepalli, C.-F. Yeap, K. Hasnat, A. F. Tasch, Jr., and C. M. Maziar, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 43, 90 (1996).
19. S. A. Hareland, S. Jallepalli, W.-K. Shih, H. Wang, G. L. Chindalore, A. F. Tasch, and C. M. Maziar, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 45, 179 (1998).
22. C. Jungemann
, C. D. Nguyen
, B. Neinhüs
, S. Decker
, and B. Meinerzhagen
, Tech. Proc. of the 2001 Intern. Conf. on Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems, (2001) (link: http://www.nsti.org/procs/MSM2001/10/W21.3
Article metrics loading...
We derive a statistical physics model of two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) and propose an accurate approximation method for calculating the quantum-mechanical effects of metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) structure in accumulation and strong inversion regions. We use an exponential surface potential approximation in solving the quantization energy levels and derive the function of density of states in 2D to 3D transition region by applying uncertainty principle and Schrödinger equation in k-space. The simulation results show that our approximation method and theory of density of states solve the two major problems of previous researches: the non-negligible error caused by the linear potential approximation and the inconsistency of density of states and carrier distribution in 2D to 3D transition region.
Full text loading...
Most read this month