No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Low-pressure plasma-etching of bulk polymer materials using gas mixture of CF4
6. I. Nikcevic, S. H. Lee, A. Piruska, C. H. Ahn, T. H. Ridgway, P. A. Limbach, K. R. Wehmeyer, W. R. Heineman, and C. J. Seliskar, J. Chromatogr. A. 1154, 444 (2007).
14. X. Zhang, J. Zhang, Z. Ren, X. Li, X. Zhang, D. Zhu, T. Wang, T. Tian, and B. Yang, Langmuir 25, 7375 (2009).
18. F. D. Egitto, L. J. Matienzo, and H. B. Schreyer, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A(10), 3060 (1992).
20. S. J. Moss, A. M. Jolly, and B. J. Tighe, Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry, Montreal, Canada, 24–28 July 1983, edited by M. I. Boulo and R. J. Munz, 621.
23. A. E. Saliba, L. Saias, E. Psychari, N. Minc, D. Simon, F. C. Bidard, C. Mathiot, J. Y. Pierga, V. Fraisier, J. Salamero, V. Saada, F. Farace, P. Vielh, L. Malaquin, and J. L. Viovy, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 107, 14524 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
In this study, we have proposed a low-pressure reactive ion etching of bulk polymer materials with a gas mixture of CF4 and O2, and have achieved precise fabrication of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) bulk polymer plates with high-aspect-ratio and narrow gap array structures, such as, pillar, frustum, or cone, on a nano/micro scale. The effects of the etching conditions on the shape and size of each pillar were evaluated by changing etching duration and the size/material of etching mask. The fabricated PMMA array structures indicate possibilities of optical waveguide and nanofiber array. PFA cone array structures showed super-hydrophobicity without any chemical treatments. Also, polystyrene-coated silica spheres were used as an etching mask for the pillar array structure formation to control the gap between pillars.
Full text loading...
Most read this month