No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
An implicit logarithmic finite-difference technique for two dimensional coupled viscous Burgers’ equation
1. G. Whitham, Linear and Nonlinear Waves (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1974).
3. J. Fried, M. Combarnous, “Dispersion in Porous Media,” Adv. Hydrosci. 7, 169 (1971).
4. C. Fletcher, “Generating exact solutions of the two-dimensional Burgers’ equation,” Int. Numer. Meth. Fluids 3, 216 (1983).
5. P. Jain and D. Holla, “Numerical solution of coupled Burgers’ equations,” Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. 12, 213 (1978).
10. R. Abazari, H. Borhanifar, “Numerical study of the solution of the Burgers and coupled Burgers equations by a differential transformation method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications 59(8), 2711 (2010).
11. V. K. Srivastava, M. Tamsir, U. Bhardwaj, and YVSS Sanyasiraju, “Crank-Nicolson scheme for numerical solutions of two dimensional coupled Burgers’ equations,” IJSER 2(5), 44 (2011).
12. M. Tamsir and V. K. Srivastava, “A semi-implicit scheme finite-difference approach for two-dimensional coupled Burgers’ equations,” IJSER 2(6), 46 (2011).
13. V. K. Srivastava and M. Tamsir, “Crank-Nicolson semi-implicit approach for numerical solutions of two-dimensional coupled nonlinear Burgers’ equations,” Int. J. Appl. Mech. Eng. 17(2), 571 (2012).
14. R. C. Mittal and R. Jiwari, “Differential Quadrature Method for Numerical Solution of Coupled Viscous Burgers’ Equations,” Int. J. Comput. Methods Eng. Sci. Mech. 13(2), 88 (2012).
15. V. K. Srivastava, S. Singh, and M. K. Awasthi, “Numerical solutions of coupled Burgers’ equations by an implicit finite-difference scheme,” AIP Advances 3, 082131 (2013).
16. V. K. Srivastava, Mukesh K. Awasthi, and M. Tamsir, “A fully implicit Finite-difference solution to one dimensional Coupled Nonlinear Burgers’ equations,” Int. J. Math. Sci. 7(4), 23 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
This article describes a new implicit finite-difference method: an implicit logarithmic finite-difference method (I-LFDM), for the numerical solution of two dimensional time-dependent coupled viscous Burgers’ equation on the uniform grid points. As the Burgers’ equation is nonlinear, the proposed technique leads to a system of nonlinear systems, which is solved by Newton's iterative method at each time step. Computed solutions are compared with the analytical solutions and those already available in the literature and it is clearly shown that the results obtained using the method is precise and reliable for solving Burgers’ equation.
Full text loading...
Most read this month